Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post subject: TBT Saga: Fortis
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
Not only is Fortis a village, it is also the name of a tribe, or group of peoples. The residents of Fortis call themselves the "Tribe of Fortis." They all come from a similar bloodline and do not mingle blood with those outside of their own tribe...save for extremely rare occasions when warriors take brides from faraway lands or outsiders meld into the culture and essentially become a part of the Tribe of Fortis through deeds rather than blood. ... [E]verything is a matter of pride.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
Following the two (four if you count their mounts), Tamsin remembers exactly which way they are going through the forest. It is a path she has gone on many times, out of Fortwoode, leading directly to the village.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 5215
Location: Awaiting the Waffle Signal
Estonja tucks the bag of powder into her belt, then sets off after her horse. Her pace isn't as frantic, but she does not let Stands In Thunder out of her sight.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 4033
Website: http://quesoloco27.deviantart.com/
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Location: Neither here nor there
Tamsin realizes where she is. "Eva, this is impossible... but we're HOME!" she says, her voice quivering as her mount gallops through the trees.

Eva veers a sharp turn, cutting her own path. She knows Tamsin's mind and intends to catch up with the younger Riders... and cut them off.

Tamsin stays low against her mount and takes Odin's blanket from her bone-saddle. She wraps her face with it to conceal her features, letting Eva carry her on this shortcut to the trail back to Fortis.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 377
WLM: cameron195@hotmail.com
AOL: MorethBunny
Location: Giving Pickles to all the naughty boys and girls!
Moreth finishes up with the gun, his workmanship lying on the ground, still warm.

"Oooher" he awes.
Then he looks around


"Hey.. Where'd everybody go?" He asks Crake, slightly confused.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 1:40 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1314
Website: http://catandmouse.comicgenesis.com
WLM: thekatters@hotmail.com
Yahoo Messenger: AreTeeSea
AOL: PsycoDraJin
Location: Here and there.
RTC follows the alts, keeping silent and to the shadows.

TLP thinks about taking a nap.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:55 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 333
ICQ: 293561068
Website: http://www.livejournal.com/users/fangedferret
WLM: luv_draco@hotmail.com
Location: In the shadows of your nightmares black as death and ready to strike
Raziel rides on and decides to keep the act that she is a harmless, non magical gypsy. She follows Tamsin adding things to her look to make her seem more...from another part of the woods rather then a completely different realm. She adds big loopy earings and a silver bangle around one ankle, she gets rid of her shoes and so on and so forth.
Her eyes never leave Tamsin's back and when she sees Tamsin cover her features she stops using her magic.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:04 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 4717
AOL: alkthash
Location: Sleepy.
Looking around, Crake replies,
"Erm, I don't know. Should be easy to follw them though. And thanks for the gun chummer. This should come in handy eventually."

As Crake starts to take off his hat and coat he explains to Moreth, "Here put these on. I don't know how well alt-Tamsin will react to a talking rabbit," before handing them to the lagomorph.

After that Crake puts his somatic senses to work and starts sniffing the air for Tamsin and Eva's scents. Once he finds them, Crake starts to follow them, and telling Moreth to follow him.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
AltTamsin and Yasmin pick up their speed, weaving through the trees in what seems a haphazard manner, but Tamsin recognizes it as an old tactic designed to shrug off any pursuers and to deter them from reaching the village. Only she would have any chance of keeping at their heels, and she would have to move fast to do it; anyone else attempting to follow them would quickly be left behind or be utterly lost.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 4717
AOL: alkthash
Location: Sleepy.
Crake bends low over the ground to try to pick up the scent of alt-Tamsin and alt-Eva, because that is who the others seem to be following. No matter how twisted a pattern they weave, they can't get rid of their scent.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 4033
Website: http://quesoloco27.deviantart.com/
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Location: Neither here nor there
Tamsin picks up speed as well... though she and Eva know the way to Fortis even if they couldn't. Still, she refuses to lose them.

Eva provides the speed. Though her younger self is younger, she is quite capable of keeping up. Instinctively, she launches into the same weaving pattern as the tangeable appritions she is following.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 1278
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
One of the advantages of the weaving pattern is that by effectively spreading their scent everywhere, crossing and double-crossing on their path.

Crake can sense that they've been practically all over this stretch of the woods; their scent is everywhere. However, it is difficult, nigh impossible, to pinpoint their current location by their smell.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:15 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 333
ICQ: 293561068
Website: http://www.livejournal.com/users/fangedferret
WLM: luv_draco@hotmail.com
Location: In the shadows of your nightmares black as death and ready to strike
Raziel pulls the reins and stops. She stands with a little bit of jingling on the horses back and looks around trying to spot Tamsin and Eva and the ones they were following. She gives up after a while and shuffles down off of the horse, and leans aganst a tree waiting for Crake Moreth RTC TLP Estonja and Shas to catch up. She sighs and looks at her hand again.

"Damn stone..."

She grabs a rock and attempts smashing it against her now stone hand

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 4717
AOL: alkthash
Location: Sleepy.
Crake does findtheir scent, but to his dismay it is too hard to pinpoint them by scent. He yells,
"Damn it! Somebody actually figured out a way to get past it! C'mon Moreth, I'm going to try to find Estonja and Raziel. Those horses they are on should be easier to track than those wolf riders!"

And with that Crake starts to sniff the air, looking for the smell of horses.

Top 
   
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 377
WLM: cameron195@hotmail.com
AOL: MorethBunny
Location: Giving Pickles to all the naughty boys and girls!
Moreth, jogs up behind Crake and gives a grin, looking quite shady and odd in the overly large coat and hat. He gives a chuckle and bounds along with Crake.
"Fasion statement of the YEAR baby!" He chortles, keeping behind the Sniffer.
"Y'find 'em?"

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron