Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:08 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
CCC, you can indeed tag the Rattled consequence to boost your Deceit skill.

Stan, I decided to make your attack a maneuver instead, else your attack wouldn't managed to generate any stress at all.

Ruan, you rolled terribly on that last attack. I spent a fate point to redo the roll for you and you did noticeably better that time around. If I hadn't you'd be lying on the ground right now next to a pile of your own guts and most of your blood. You have two fate points left to spend.

Quote:
Name: Charles Cane
Refresh Points +7
Fate Points: 1

Skills:
+5 Presence
+4 Deceit
+3 Rapport, Conviction
+2 Scholarship, Athletics, Alertness
+1 Drive, Weapons, Performance, Endurance

Aspects:
Stage Mage Changeling
Cog in a Faerie Plot
Strange Luck

Powers:
Glamours (-2) (Veils, Seemings)

Stunts:
Mimicry (-1) (Deceit) (Allows Named NPC Disguises)
Smooth Recovery (-1) (Presence) (One Additional Moderate Social Consequence or Two Mild Consequences)
Unflappable (-1) (Presence) (gains +2 to defense against fear-based attacks)
Right Place, Right Time (-1) (Presence) (May use Presence as a Defensive Skill)

Stress:
Physical: [] []
Mental: [] [] []
Social: [] [] [] []

Quote:
Name: Brecon Sagar
Refresh Points +7
Fate Points: 1

Skills:
+5: Weapons
+4: Conviction, Discipline
+3: Lore, Alertness
+2: Endurance, Athletics
+1: Stealth, Guns

Aspects:
"My Powerful Ally, The Force is."
"Guardian of Peace and Justice."
"Silver Spoon? I'd rather a Sword."
"Nomad Jedi."

Powers:
Channel -2: Kinetomancy (Spirit, Kinetic Energy)
Ritual -2: Technomancy (Crafting)
Guide my hand -1

Stunts:
Wall of Death (-1) (Weapons)

Stress:
Physical: [] [] []
Mental: [] [] [] []
Social: [] []

Quote:
Name: Ozymandius
Refresh Points +7
Fate Points: 2

Skills:
+4: Deceit, Discipline
+3: Endurance, Fists
+2: Alertness, Athletics, Conviction
+1: Might, Presence, Resources, Stealth, Survival

Aspects:
Prince of Wails
Look Upon My Works, Ye Mighty
Shall I Give You Despair?
Pay No Attention to That Man Behind the Curtain
And Your Little Dog, Too

Powers:
Emotional Vampire (Despair) (-1): Feeding Touch, Taste of Death, Feeding Frenzy
Incite Emotion (Despair) (-1): Touch only. Deceit roll +2 mental attack vs. Discipline.
Feeding Dependency (Despair) +1: Hunger stress track. Discipline to clear hunger stress, make roll when use tied in abilities. Recover lost abilities by feeding.
-Inhuman Strength (-2): +3 Might to lift/break inanimate, +1 Might to grapple/deal 2 stress supplemental as grapple, +1 to Might when modifying, Weapon: 2 to physical melee attacks.
-Inhuman Speed (-2): +4 to Initiative, +1 to Athletics (2 if sprinting), can move as supplemental action without -1 penalty, Stealth movement diff -2.

Stress:
Physical: [] [] [] []
Social: [] [] []
Hunger: [] [] [] []

Quote:
Name: Neil Hewlett
Refresh Points +7
Fate Points: 4

Skills:
+4: Athletics, Fists
+3: Endurance, Burglary
+2: Deceit, Presence, Might
+1: Contacts, Conviction, Alertness, Performance, Stealth

Aspects:
Journey to the West
Demon Days
Punk
November Has Come

Powers:
Echoes of the Beast (Monkey) (-1): Beast Senses, Beast Trappings, Beast Friend
Inhuman Speed (-2): Improved Initiative, Athletic Ability, Casual Movement, Almost Too Fast to See

Stress:
Physical: [] [] [] []
Social: [] [] []

Last edited by Kajin on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:07 am 
If someone would be so kind as to take the free tag on that Genuine Fear consequence and Intimidate Lieutenant One, I think we've got a good chance of chasing him away this round.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:29 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Heh, what'd I roll, -4? That'd have hurt rather badly... and yeah, I probably would've used a Fate point on the reroll.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:45 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Yup. Two pairs of snake eyes. None of your characters are going to die this time around. That is unless you do something stupid that's totally worthy of getting killed off for real. Then you die.

Anyway, how difficult would you say things are right now?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:15 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Well, considering I'm tanking a Red Court Vampire wizard as a White Court Virgin... frankly, I'm amazed Oz's managed as well as he has so far. If he was full White Court vamp, it'd be more equal - kinda hampered by the fact I can only maneuver or block with inflict emotion, plus lack of Inhuman Speed, Inhuman Recovery... heh.

What's going to suck here in a moment is that spellcasting block just wore off. That said, he's got one spell in him before he has to start taking mental consequences, so there is that...

Anyways, I'm a) going to use a Fate Point if it looks like Oz's going to take another big hit and b) establish a maneuver for us to tag next round to hopefully get some good hits in.

Thankfully, Oz's overweening pride makes it so I can justify tagging an aspect on defending when he's losing a battle... 'I cannot possibly be losing!"

That said, Vaz also -does- have a free tag on the consequence (they're aspects too, remember) that he just inflicted on me..

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:19 am 
I'd say that things are tricky right now. We've almost destroyed the Lieutenants (socially for One and physically for Two), but Oz is in a lot of trouble and will already need to spend some time in medical care (unless he has some sort of vampire healing ability). I think we'll win this battle if we're not horribly unlucky from here on and don't do anything totally idiotic, but much more difficulty and we could have easily lost Oz. (Actually, we could still possibly lose him, if Vaz concentrates on the wounded guy, as would be only sensible of him. I hope someone from the Snuggly Duckling has some medical experience).

There's a chance of running into One again after this battle, but at least then we can all wallop him at once.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:31 am 
If things get really hairy, I can use my True Faith power to stage a timely dramatic entrance without having to spend a Fate Point. However, since I already have two concequences to my name I would prefer to not have to do that.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Yeah. As injured as you are, you rejoining the battle now would count as one of those aforementioned stupid moves that has the potential of getting your character killed off for real.

Ruan wrote:
That said, Vaz also -does- have a free tag on the consequence (they're aspects too, remember) that he just inflicted on me..

I haven't been tagging them. I figured things were difficult enough for you guys without me doing that so I decided not to. Good thing, too, because you guys are all pretty banged up right now and you've barely managed to put a dent on the Big Bad.

Quote:
+7 Vampire Lieutenant One
+7 Vampire Lieutenant Two
+6 Master Vaz
+4 Neil Hewlett
+4 NPC-Felix
+2 Charles Cane
+1 Ozymandius

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The target of Charles Cane's attack has fled, so I'm going to allow you an extra action at the beginning of the queue in addition to the one you already get towards the end of it. That's just the nature of forum games I suppose.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:12 am 
Okay. I'll use the first of those actions to drop the rubble and take out the lighter fluid - then in the second action I can throw lighter fluid in Vaz' eyes without taking a penalty for a supplemental action.

I think the best thing for me to do at this point is keep throwing maneuvres and/or blocks at him, and let the others tag them for walloping.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
If Oz could read my narration, I'm sure he'd object to me likening him to the Hulk. I just couldn't resist. The conflict is over. Feel free to do a bit of roleplaying, if you want.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm 
Feel free to try and stop Oz... though that said, you will actually need to physically -stop- him, or he will kill Vaz. Oz's pride won't let Vaz survive, otherwise. And who knows, Vaz might actually know something.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:35 am 
Charles has no problem with the monster being killed, he'd just prefer it if the most injured guys didn't sprain something doing it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm hoping that Brecon will follow Felix down to where Beatrix is being held, but as injured as he is he has perfect justification for not wanting to. Your call, balthazar.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Kajin wrote:
Sorry guys, the past few days have not been the greatest of the latest. I'll post tonight.

I posted that in the wrong thread. I must be tired. But yeah, working on that post now.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG