Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:21 am 
Brecon pulls out the glass sphere filled with liquid sunlight, and follows along behind Felix, ready to put up as much fight as he's able.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:04 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Touched his... Junk?" Naomi asks, warily eyeing Neil's hand. She doesn't seem like she's going to shake it, so Neil is left hanging. "I know who you are, Neil. We're both staying in the spare bedrooms at the Snuggly Duckling. You chitter in your sleep like a monkey. It carries through the walls."

"I know some first aid," one of the guys following Naomi says. Without missing a beat, the man pulls out a decent sized box from the backpack he's wearing. In it is all the tools one might need for tending to injuries in the field. "Just point me to the wounded and I'll take care of the rest! Zimmerman is the name and Combat Medic is my game!"

While Zimmerman is going around treating those with injuries, Oz shows everyone the information he's gathered thus far and the group begins sifting through what little there is to be had. Most of what they find is information on troop and resource allocation and the need to acquire additional supplies. Most of this information is redundant, seeing as the Red Court in this area is effectively dead. There is something that catches everyone's attention, though. A shipment of... something... is mentioned. The section of the pages that mentions what the shipment have been ruined and are only partially legible. An address for delivery is there, but it too is illegible. Something to look into later, maybe, but not now.

After checking to make sure that Brecon is behind him, Felix moves forward and opens the door to the chamber where Beatrix is being held. The first thing that Brecon sees is a young woman. It takes him a second, but he soon realizes that this woman is Beatrix. She has her flesh mask back on, and as such is completely unrecognizable as the black, slimy-skinned bat-horror that she was earlier, save for the black eyes and the long fangs. She's feeding on a large pack of plasma, apparently given to her by the other creature in the room. It looks like a person. But, unlike Beatrix who could pass for an exceedingly attractive young woman were she not currently feeding, this thing looks like a dried up decade-old corpse.

The corpse of the man looks over at Felix and Brecon with rheumy eyes and smiles, as though he had been expecting them all along. Flecks of dried flesh flake off and fall from the corners of "his" mouth when he smiles. "Well, what do we have here, Beatrix? A member of your brood... and what looks to be a Star Wars aficionado. How are you fine gentlemen this evening?" His voice is a dry leathery rasp that sends shivers down Brecon's spine. From the way Felix seems to shiver, he's similarly unnerved.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:47 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Touching junk, nocturnal chittering, I do leave quite the impression. Oi! Oz! Where'd the parrot come from and where can I get one?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:45 am 
"I think he's got some ribs broken or something," says Charles, pointing Zimmerman in the direction of Oz. "And monkey-boy here got a bit cut up. And the Jedi guy was kind of injured as well when he came upstairs..."

He looks around the room, and unsurprisingly fails to spot Brecon.

"Hey, did anyone see where the Jedi guy went?"

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:11 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"No, we left him alone with the vampire."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:36 am 
Brecon clears his throat and does his best to sound nonchalant.

"Oh, not bad. Had a good fight, saved a bunch of people, found out that the evil wizard had been defeated, and had a pleasant chat about image with intelligent company. Yourself?"

Post Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:58 am 
"Yeah..." Charles stares into space. "They were saying something about a vampire and PR and Twilight. Jedi-guy wasa moving very carefully, though, I think he's been injured. I'm going to go looking for him. Could someone keep an eye on this fellow for a while?" He points at Vaz. "Throw him out the door when the sun comes up."

Charles heads for the kitchen and tries to see if he can figure out where Jedi-guy and Felix went.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:50 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"So... Let me get this straight," Naomi responds, pinching the bridge of her nose. "You left an injured kid alone... with a Vampire?"

As Charles leaves to go look for Brecon, Naomi waves her hand at him. "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on it. This thing isn't going anywhere."

The trip doesn't take Charles very long. The kitchen isn't too far away from the foyer. When he gets there he finds the doorway the Felix and Brecon took downstairs. Remembering that the makeshift prison was supposed to be downstairs in the basement, and noticing that the doorway leads down, Charles figures it's as good a place as any to start searching.

"Oh, things are going quite well, I can assure you!" The corpse of the man's smile grows even wider, baring yellowed teeth that have been stained a dark brown. "I was just out for an evening stroll when I felt the need to pay a visit to my close friend, Beatrix. It's a good thing I stopped by, too, or she might still be hanging there."

Now that both parties are standing together and conversing, Brecon is able to get a closer look at the creature he is speaking to. The first thing he notices is the suit that the man is wearing. It's a custom-fitted three piece number that looks like it might have actually been worth something at some point. The value of the suit is no doubt marred by the somewhat worn and frayed state that it's being kept in. Still, it's quite remarkable that there isn't a stain to be had on the jacket or the pants. The whole ensemble actually seems rather dapper, or as dapper as a Vampire of the Black Court can get, anyway.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:13 am 
Some voice that Charles does not recognise wrote:
"...might still be hanging there."

Charles slows down and stops on hearing the stranger's voice. He leans against the side of the stairwell, listening, trying to remain unobserved for the moment.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:03 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz settles himself down next to Vaz with a bag of marshmallows and a content smile on his face. "I'll keep an eye on him. Trust me - he's going nowhere."

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:39 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but there are deadlines that must be met," the Black Court Vampire rasps. As he says this, the vampire holds his arm forward and utters a word. A bolt of black lightning leaps from the vampire's fingers and lands square in Felix's chest, sending him flying back through the door with incredible force. Felix plows through the door as if it weren't even there, colliding with Charles and knocking him to the ground as Felix lands on top of him.

Brecon is shocked. He can tell that this vampire is a heavy hitter, easily on par with a member of the White Council. Before he can do anything, the corpse of the man is already on top of him. Brecon is knocked back with an almost casual ease by light kick to the stomach. He too is sent flying back, landing on top of Felix and Charles.

By the time the trio manages to disentangle themselves, the two vampires have already vanished into the Nevernever. Charles is fine, save for a bruise and a few splinters from the door. Brecon has a wonderful , but he's fine too. Felix took the worst of it. There's a smoldering black mark the size of a dinner plate on his chest and one of his legs is black from where the lightning arced through his body and out into the floor. It isn't anything his healing factor can't handle, but it still hurts.

An hour and several dozen stitches later, the entire party is patched up and standing on the second floor of the Red Court HQ where a lot of combat has left a number of holes in the walls. A makeshift plank has been rigged up and leads out one of the holes and into the morning sun. Vaz is tied up and standing next to the plank with two guys keeping an eye on him so he doesn't run. Someone must have staged a looting run through the mansion because all the NPC's are now dressed like pirates. Apparently someone found Felix's pirate swag, and everyone who wants to is having a party with it.

Naomi and Zimmerman are coordinating the crew of hardy mates. She's dressed like a pirate queen, complete with the plush Iago on her shoulder, and he's pretending to be first mate. Together the two of them are singing pirate songs and firing up the gathered crowd for the execution that's about to take place. The Player Characters are standing nearby, gathered around a fireplace and roasting marshmallows. There are plenty of costumes left for anyone that wants to join the festivities.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:44 am 
Charles has found a hat with a skull-and-crossbones and an eyepatch. He hasn't got a stuffed parrot, though.

Althouh he's not one of the people assigned to keep a watch on Vaz, he is nonetheless keeping an eye on the vampire from across the room - just in case.

"You know," he says, "what I don't get is, why's there all this pirate stuff here?"

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:50 am 
Brecon, now dressed as a very convincing Dread Pirate Roberts, slowly rotates a marshmallow skewered on the end of a cheap replica rapier, careful not to let it burn.

"It is the will of the Force my friend, to even suggest that we can comprehend it's subtle designs for us would be the height of hubris."

He takes a glance around before turning his attention back to the marshmallow.

"Has anyone seen where the Rum's gotten to?"

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:59 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"The pirate stuff is mine," Felix replies. He's wearing an eye patch and a sweet pirate hat. Strapped to his leather belt is a cutlass. Sitting on his shoulder is a blue plush that looks like Rio. He makes for an excellent looking buccaneer.

"Aren't you a little young for rum?" He asks of Brecon.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:22 pm 
"Legally? Yes. Your point being?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG