Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:30 pm 
"Thanks."

Charles takes the knife and heads back to the foyer. He slices Vaz' stomach open and then turns the tied-up vampire onto said stomach to make sure that all the blood runs out.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 pm 
Brecon starts chowing down on a marshmallow, his voice somewhat muffled by it.

"She's alive, for now. I have this thing about killing in cold blood. I don't really like to do it. Her gut's been sliced open though, and I don't know how long she'll last like that. I figure I'd ask you about her before committing to a decision."

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Try thinking of it this way," Felix explains, leaning against the kitchen table. "There's a lot of supernatural interests at play behind the scenes. Some of them don't care about us, others like to feed on us, and still others enjoy hunting us for sport. I certainly have no love for that creature, but there is one thing that Beatrix had going for her. She provided stability to the region. Her leadership and her forces kept rival supernatural factions out of the area. Factions that aren't nearly as restrained as she's been. In a way, she kept this area safe. Safe from everything but herself, of course, but safe nonetheless."

"That being said, we'd all be better off if she's dead. If Beatrix let something like this fiasco happen then she'll surely be executed for her failures. Better to finish her now then to give her the chance to escape. You head on to the foyer where everyone else is. I'll be back with Beatrix and we'll burn her and Vaz both." Felix breaks off and heads downstairs where Brecon said Beatrix was being held. Brecon can either do as he's told and head back to the foyer or he can follow Felix downstairs and help out.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 pm 
Brecon starts after Felix.

"If you don't mind, I think I'll brave the stairs again and give you a hand. Something tells me that her worshopfulness may try to put up more of a fuss then you'd like when faced with death."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:13 am 
Carefully, keeping himself away from Vaz' teeth in case he wakes up suddenly, Charles drags the vampire (by his feet) to the other end of the lobby, away from the pool of blood that flowed from his stomach.

He can't think of anything else to keep Vaz more securely captured, but he keeps a close eye on the vampire just in case Vaz thinks of something.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:29 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz, meanwhile, wanders around the house, looting anything that appears to be of particular monetary value or fits his interests in art. Plus checking for any handy information with regards to the Red Court or the other supernatural factions of the city.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:04 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
While Charles and Neil are keeping an eye on Vaz (now tied up), they here an anguished inhuman-howl. Turning in the direction that it came from, they see a wounded Ghoul. Running as fast as it can, they creature makes a beeline for the main entrance to try and escape. No sooner does it reach the door when Naomi, the Asian girl who was washing dishes at the Snuggly Duckling, rounds the corner and exits the hallway the Ghoul had run from.

"Velo!"
With a shout and a swing of her White Rod, Naomi unleashes a pure white blade made of nothing but air. The Ghoul never makes it outside as the blade hits it in the midsection and slices it clean in half. The sight is truly a spectacle to behold. A few seconds later two others from the bar round the corner, panting heavily from the run. "Did you get it, Naomi?"

Oz doesn't find much. What little he does find is in the charred remains of the Western Wing, in what apparently used to be the office/bedroom of the former leader, Beatrix. The room looked like it was quite luxurious back before the walls collapsed and a large section of the roof caved in. There, he finds a ledger containing recent Red Court activity and Beatrix's personal journal. Both books are heavily damaged, having been partially charred, presumably from an errant blast of Wizard fire that hit nearby, and overexposure to the elements. Some of the information is still legible, however, so it could prove useful.

Most everything of monetary value has either been destroyed or damaged beyond repair and therefore worthless anyway. Just as he's about to give up, he notices a chest sticking out of the rubble that appears intact. Going up to it, he manages to pry it open and takes a look at the contents. Inside he finds a bunch of pirate costumes. There's even a bunch of plush parrots with Velcro feet. One of them looks suspiciously like Iago from Aladdin.

Felix and Brecon descend the same stairs that Brecon had fought on once before. Down into the makeshift prison and down again to the bomb shelter at the very bottom. As they near the gate, they find it partway open. Felix immediately holds his hand out, preventing Brecon from going any farther. He gestures to his ears and points inside the vault. Apparently his Vampire hearing picked up on something. He makes a shushing motion.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:20 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz sticks one of the parrots on his shoulder and walks back to the others with a completely straight face.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:30 am 
"She got it." Charles tells the others, pointing at the remains of the ghoul. He's terribly impressed by both her power and how accurately she wields it.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:37 am 
Brecon keeps his fool mouth shut, holds up his lightsaber beat-stick, and raises an eyebrow.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:01 am 
AOL: [email protected]
Neil appears to be the only one who giggles at Oz's parrot.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:35 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
No sooner do the words leave Charles' mouth when he hears a loud solid THUNK. Turning back to the main door, he sees what made the noise. The Ghoul, still separated from the lower half of its body, has sunk its massive claws into the wooden floor of the foyer and is dragging itself towards the door at a rapid click.

"Velo, Veloras!"
Naomi shots once more, thrusting her White Rod in two quick diagonal movements. Two more blasts of sharp wind fly forward... about ten feet above the Ghoul. Forming an upside down V shape, the two air attacks slice neatly into the frame of the doorway just above the Ghoul. A neatly sliced block of wood and stone comes crashing down directly on top of the Ghoul's skull. Oz, plush toy sitting firmly on shoulder, arrives just in time to see the commotion.

"That was some fight on our end," Naomi exclaims. She's obviously exhausted and there's a fresh claw mark running the length of her arm. "A lot more of these Red Court monster than I thought there'd be." She stops for a moment and eyes the tied-up Vaz. "So... how'd things go for you guys?"

Squeezing in through the vault door, Brecon and Felix proceed down the short hallway leading to where Beatrix was being held. Now that they're a lot closer, Brecon can hear it. A dry, rasping, leathery voice is speaking. The sound is very disconcerting. It feels like cobwebs brushing against his ears to hear it. The words send an immediate chill down his spine. He can tell that these aren't being spoken by anything human.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:39 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Pretty spectacular, really. Got blown through a wall, gave one hell of a fight, each of us nearly died, we teamed up on Vaz, I touched his junk, we beat him unconscious, and now we're planning on watching him burn at sunrise. Whether we're roasting marshmallows away from him or over his burning corpse is still a point of confusion. I don't think I've properly introduced myself. I'm Neil." Neil offers his hand to Naomi.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:20 am 
"We got the leader," says Charles, pointing at Vaz, "but two lieutenants and the guy at the door ran away. Some of our guys need to visit a doctor, but we're all alive."

Post Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:19 am 
Oz takes the time to kick the ghoul (or what's left of him) while he's down on principle, and then joins the rest of the group to show them the documents (or what's left of them) that he found.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG