Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ] 

Post subject: Re: The Snuggly Duckling
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:50 pm 
Brecon brings his baton down in a mighty Saber Smash against Fanged Horror #1, tagging his Spur of Bone in the Love Handel consequence for added crunch.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:57 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Fanged Horror One rolls Fists +4 Vs Weapons +3, generating one shift at Weapon 3. Brecon takes a four stress hit, generating a mild consequence and ticking off his second physical stress box.
The first creature rears back and rakes its long claws against Brecon's forearm, eliciting a grunt of pain from the young Jedi as blood is drawn.

Brecon Sagar rolls Weapons +6 Vs Athletics +4, generating two shifts at Weapon 9 and taking a one stress hit to his mental track for casting the rote spell. Fanged Horror One takes an eleven stress hit, filling up its first stress box. The rest of the damage cycles up, generating a moderate and a severe consequence.
Brecon's baton lights up like the Fourth of July as he rams his willpower through the focus item. Bring it down, Brecon smacks the magically supercharged weapon down on the head of the creature that drew his blood, crushing its skull and dropping it like a sack of potatoes. The thing is still alive, if only barely, but it ain't getting back up.

Fanged Horror Two rolls Fists +4 Vs Weapons +4, generating no shifts at Weapon 3. Brecon takes a three stress hit. Since his third stress box is ticked off already, the damage rolls up and becomes a moderate consequence.
The remaining creature howls in rage and sudden fear as it witnesses its buddy go down. Jumping over its fallen comrade, the creature charges straight at Brecon and slams into him, knocking him back even as its claws slice into his shoulder. The pain shoots through Brecon like a bolt of lightning. He starts getting lightheaded and dizzy due to loss of blood. By this point he's barely standing at all.

[quote]Brecon Sagar
Stress:
Physical: [] [X] [X] Mild: (Bloodied Arm) Moderate: (Cut Open and Bleeding)
Mental: [X] [] [X] [X] Mild: (Really Bad Headache)
Social: [] []
======================================================
Fanged Horror One (Taken Out: Crushed)
Stress:
Physical: [X] [] [] [X] Mild: (Spur of Bone in the Love Handle) Moderate: (Taking a Nap) Severe: (Fractured Skull)
Mental: [] []
Social: [] [] [] []

Fanged Horror Two (Taken Out: Stain on the Wall)
(Dead)

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:55 pm 
As blood starts to flow down his arm, Brecon takes a step back and settles his stance. He looks his enemy straight in the eye as he gathers his will. With a fierce cry of "Drepa!" he strikes out at his foe, channeling more power through his little metal beat-stick then he ever has before in an overwhelming +6 Overpowered Saber Slam.

Overpowered Saber Slam: Same as regular Saber Slam, except at 6 shifts of power.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:18 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Brecon rolls Discipline +7, effectively managing to control his Saber Smash. Fanged Horror Two rolls Discipline +1 to defend, generating a six shift difference at Weapon 7. Fanged Horror Two is hit for thirteen stress. Severe, Moderate, and Mild consequences are inflicted. The first stress box is ticked off. Brecon's mental stress track takes a three stress hit, rolling up and filling his fourth stress box.

The metal beat-stick slams home into the creature's chest, hitting with incredible supernatural power. The creature is sent flying across the room where it collides with the wall in an absolutely sickening crunch. Bones are shattered and flesh is crushed, reducing the creature to a rather pulpy stain on the wall.

The vampire chained to the wall regards the fallen monsters for a moment before turning its attention to Brecon.

"Impressive. I thought for sure you were going to die horribly." Despite its grotesque appearance, and much to Brecon's shock, the vampire speaks in a rather cultured and feminine sounding voice. "And who might you be? Are you my savior or my assassin?"

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:47 am 
Charles recovers as quickly as he can from the pulse of power that threw him back to the lobby - then immediately ducks as a vampire claw swipes at his head.

"Okay, we're distracting them." he says - though it's hard to be sure exactly who he's saying it to, as he's keeping a careful eye on the attacking vampires. "When are your White Court friends going to turn up?"

I can use Deceit as an attack, right? Targetting the nearest vampire lieutenant.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:05 am 
Brecon eyeballs the vampire for a moment, before heading to the wall opposite it, and leaning against it to catch his breath, baton still held loosely in hand.

"Me? I'm a homicidal hobo who thinks he's a Jedi. As for what to do with you? I haven't decided yet. I suppose it depends on who you are, and what you've done."

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:29 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"You want to know who I am, do you? Alright. I'm the Viscountess Beatrix, a noble of the Red Court of Vampires and leader of the local branch of Red Court," the vampire sighs, an act which is wholly at odds with its slimy, bat-like appearance. "Or I used to be in charge, anyway. That psycho Warlock Vaz stabbed me in the back and locked me down here in the aftermath of a White Council raid. Every now and then he comes down here to mock me and take some of my blood for those gruesome experiments of his. I don't know what for. Are you going to let me down, now? These chains are awfully uncomfortable."

From where he stands Brecon can see that the chains attached to Beatrix's wrists have small spikes that are gouging into her flesh.

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:34 am 
"The Viscountess Beatrix huh? It appears that reports of your demise have been greatly exaggerated. This does make matters more complicated. But first, if you don't mind hanging about for a moment, I'm going to go see if this old rad hole has some medical supplies that I can use to stop this bleeding. I'm afraid there won't be much I can do for you if I bleed to death."

Brecon goes to search the old bomb shelter for medical supplies, baton in hand and leaving a trail of blood drops and pulped monster goo behind him.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Brecon rolls Scholarship +2

Brecon finds some medical supplies and does his best to clean up his wounds. He wraps himself up in bandaging as best he can but he can't get the bleeding fully stopped. He's going to need some actual medical attention from an actual doctor, but for the time being he isn't in any danger.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:57 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Oz looks over at Charles and says dryly, "Oh, fairly soon. They're probably already here." Which is true. Oz is here.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Neil leaps to his feet and yells, "CHIMP!? I'M A GODDAM MONKEY!" He rushes Lieutenant One and gives a right and proper headbutt.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 pm 
Brecon returns with whatever medical supplies are left over, and leans against the same wall as Beatrix albeit a healthy distance away. He slides down into a sitting position, and, lacking anything better to drink, starts to sip from the sports bottle of Anti-Venom, grimacing at the taste.

"Well then Viscountess Beatrix, what makes you worth saving? You are a Vampire after all. You eat people, and as someone who falls under the category of potential lunch, I find I have a hard time justifying your release."

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Because it profits me nothing to cause the unnecessary deaths of humans during feeding. I make sure that those of my brood only feed on willing donors, and I strive to ensure that the process is as safe as possible for those who willingly give us their blood," Beatrix laughs. "I have no doubt that I am a monster. Myself and those like me are a blight on humanity, I'll never deny that. But the death of the kine that reside in my domain is bad for business. Now, are you going to kill me or let me go? Either way, I'd rather not hang here any longer. I find it bothersome."

Vampire One rolls Fists +5 Vs Athletics +6
Vampire Two rolls Fists +3 Vs Athletics +0. Three shifts are generate at Weapon 3 for a total of six stress.

Neil and Felix are the two nearest to the vampires, so they are the ones attacked first. The first vampire charges in, swiping a clawed arm at Neil, who nimbly dodges out of the way of the blow. Felix isn't nearly so lucky. He's still trying to pull himself out from under a large pile of debris when the other vampire comes in, raking its claws along Felix's forearm as he pulls himself up.

Sedjet. Vaz rolls Discipline +5 Vs Discipline +3. Two shifts are generated at Weapon 3. Ozymandius takes a five stress hit, generating a mild consequence and ticking off his third stress box.
With an uttered word and a stab of his rod, Vaz sends a bolt of flame straight at Oz, searing his stomach and burning off a section of his shirt.

Neil Hewlett rolls Fists +3 Athletics +2, generating one shift of stress. Inhuman Toughness reduces damage by one point, bringing stress inflicted to zero.
Neil successfully manages to grab the vampire and headbutt it, but is tossed aside by an unfazed, laughing vampire.

NPC-Felix rolls Weapons +3 Vs Athletics +3. The attack connects, generating no shifts at Weapon 3. Vampire Two's third stress box is ticked off.
"Aim for their stomachs! It's where their natural armor is the weakest!" Felix yells as he pulls himself out of the debris. Felix swings his metal chain at the stomach of the second vampire, hitting it in its weak unarmored stomach. The vampire looks pained, but shrugs off the blow.

Charles Cane rolls Deceit +3 Vs Empathy -2 to establish a maneuver. Both vampires falter at the deception, establishing the aspect Momentary Pause.
Ozymandius tags the new aspect, rolling Fists +6 Vs Athletics +2. Four shifts are generated at Weapon 1, inflicting a five stress hit on Vampire Two. Natural armor reduces the hit by one, ticking off the vampire's fourth stress box.

Oz gives a shout of pain as the bolt of fire Vaz sent his way scores home, but that doesn't stop him from taking a swing at the nearest vampire giving it a smash across the face. The vampire recoils from the blow, clearly angry and not showing any signs of slowing down.

Quote:
Charles Cane's Stress:
Physical: [] [X]
Mental: [] [] []
Social: [] [] [] []

Ozymandius' Stress:
Physical: [X] [] [X] [] Mild: (Extra Crispy)
Hunger: [] [] [] []

Neil Hewlett's Stress:
Physical: [X] [] [] []
Social: [] [] []

NPC-Felix:
Physical: [X] [] [] [] | [] [X]
Hunger: [X] [] [] []
========================================================================
Vampire Master Vaz
hysical: [] [] [] [] | [] []
Mental: [X] [] [X]
Hunger: [] [] [] []

Vampire Lieutenant One
Physical: [] [] [] | [] [] (Armor: 1)
Hunger: [] [] []

Vampire Lieutenant Two
Physical: [] [] [X] | [X] [] (Armor: 1)
Hunger: [] [] []

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:59 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"You... I liked that shirt." Attempting to evade the other vampires, Oz goes for Vaz. "Mortal magic is weak... you lack... A singleness of purpose. A singleness of existence." He attempts to grab the warlock and fill his mind with thoughts of weakness and despair. "You lack... hatred."

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:31 pm 
"Yeah, well, I think they're running a few minutes late." continues Charles, apparently talking to the uninjured vampire. "Still, long as we can keep this lot out of things for what, five more minutes?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG