Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:37 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Boooo. I love me some Zombies!!! and I keep picturing the card "You found a Fire Axe!"

You're the GM of course, but daaaang.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:51 am 
Look, I'll let you loot a Fire Station if you're good.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:47 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I have a copy of that board game. Never got a chance to play it, though.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:59 am 
Good? You think I got Modlike Powers and an "of DOOM" title by being good? I'm a viscous Effing Bastard.

Kajin I've got the army base, mall, and forest expansions and the game is sweet. Find nerds and play that happy crappy.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:46 pm 
Ross_Varn wrote:
Look, I'll let you loot a Fire Station if you're good.

Skitzophrenik wrote:
Good? I'm a viscous Effing Bastard.

Now I'm not sure, but it sounds to me like you just gave me special dispensation to do whatever the heck I want to, mate.

GM says you have a Old Fire Axe, +0 to Melee. Do you guys want to get started, or should we wait for a fourth player?

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:27 pm 
That's fine with me. I've got an Old Sledge Hammer in the back of my quite real truck.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:48 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I'm fine either way.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm 
Name: Malcolm Reynolds
Weapon: Hatchet
Gear:[Rope], [First aid kit], [Shield].(Yes you read that right.)
Bio: Mal is a gunsmith by trade, and something of a loner, although he has gotten into the SCA reenactment thing recently, which he enjoys. He doesn't know what to make of the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" thing, and so views it with a certain degree of bemusement. Yes he wears a duster. Yes it is brown, and he was rocking that look long before that show ever came out. Sheesh.
Aspects:
[Gunsmith] +1 to ranged attacks.
[Loner] -1 to social interactions.

Right, lets get this show on the road.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:12 pm 
Name: Jonathan Smith
HP: 10/10 XP: 0/3
Weapon: Large Claw Hammer [+0 Melee]
Gear: [High Quality Back Pack, +3 Slots], [Kit Containing Assorted Construction Tools], [Lots and Lots of Duct Tape], open, open, open, open, open.
Junk Hunter [+1 Scavenging] | Never Held a Gun [-1 Ranged attack]
++++++
Name: David Thorne
Weapon: Crowbar [+0 Melee]
Gear: [iPhone], [Laptop], [Nook eReader], open, open.
Australian [+1 Melee attack] | Argumentative [-1 Charisma applications]
++++++
Name: "Big" John Sale
Weapon: Old Fire Axe [+0 Melee]
Gear: [4 D-Cell Maglite], [Tool Kit/Jumper Cables], open, open, open.
Vehicle: Pickup Truck, Seats 2 Restrained, 2 Unrestrained. Good Condition. Full Tank.
Big Guy [+1 Melee attack] | Bum Knee [-1 dodge]
++++++
Name: Malcolm Reynolds
Weapon: Hatchet [+0 Melee]
Gear: [Rope], [First Aid Kit], [Shield], open, open.
Gunsmith [+1 to ranged attacks] | Loner [-1 to social interactions]

Alright. Here we go...
______

The city rumbles with the sound of a typical Saturday morning. Traffic flows sluggishly, winding it's way through the streets. The tall buildings of St. Louis line the long park that cuts a swath down the center of the city, leading to the edge of the Mississippi River, and the towering visage of the St. Louis Arch, Gateway to the West, shines burnished silver in the midday sun. Light glints off the windows recessed into the top edge, where tourists can look out over the city below.

The talking heads on the television are talking about the current situation in Libya, with the recent resurgence of pro-dictator units forcing the rebel militia out of their controlled area. A short segment goes on about what is being called the Princeton Prank, where it is suspected that a group of teenaged hackers broke Google's security and relinked all searches to faked news stories about an "urgent plague threat" in southern Oklahoma. The breach lasted for three hours, in which time Google officials convinced the government to cut access to the hacker's IP region, all other methods having failed. The Internet's only now being restored online in Oklahoma City, after a day's investigation. A few other stories talk of the extended effects of the Princeton Prank, namely its connection to the state's student population and other reports claiming that teenaged pranksters are currently taking it farther locally.

No one in the Hilton Hotel's spacious, crowded lobby seems much to care. Today's the debut of the America Expo 2012, focused on President Colbert's recent move to galvanize the nation's job market. Representatives from several countries, ten thousand attendees from throughout the country, and national news crews have descended on the first of many planned conferences, with panels, opportunities, and presentations from the world's leading business moguls, innovators, scientists, internet millionaires, and popular icons. And if David doesn't hurry up, that overhung feeling is going to make him late for his first panel.

David pushes his way through the crowd outside the doors of the conference hall, attempting to make it through the lines of people to the security checkpoint where he'll get his badge. Mal, John and Big have just made it to the doors, paying a pittance for entrance along with the what seems to be the rest of humanity, and are entering the hall, looking around at the people gathered and streaming through the colorful displays, leading to a main area with a huge divided stage. The entire conglomeration of lights, sounds and people could be compared to a World Fair in it's scale and massive amount of attractions.

It is, to put it simply, huge. A teeming mass of humanity.

A few hours later...

St. Louis's weather continues to impress. Rain drizzles down the windows as you decide to head out for a late lunch. The entrance hall is just as busy as when you arrived, but the streets are cooled somewhat from the morning's heat by the rain. People walk past as you emerge onto the sidewalk. Tourists and locals seem to blend together, neither particularly standing out. The air is slightly muggy as you glance down up to the sky.

A single engine Cessna 172 slowly glides overhead, trailing down through the sky towards the Arch. You watch as it's engine growls through the air. Others around you look up as well. The plane banks, going lower yet as it reaches the edge of the park, seeming to slow as it reaches the right leg of the towering structure.

The Arch shudders as the plane impacts.

A cloud of dust erupts from the point. Fire licks at the edge of the gash. Someone screams as the sound of grinding, shredding metal reaches your ears. Several panels of reflective steel, shaken loose, descend almost slowly as they plummet to the earth below.

Sirens echo through the streets as traffic halts, and the bystanders of Main Street stare at the wounded monument to a nation's spirit.

Present: Bystanders, Traffic
Exits: Hilton Lobby, City Streets, Park

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:26 pm 
"Hellfire!"

Big John Sale spits a curse as he stares at the collapsing monument in awe. He remembers the impotent feeling as he watched the news on 2001 as those damned ragheads took the Towers down in New York, and now just a year after the head raghead was offer they're striking the heartland of America.

Well this time Big John isn't sitting on a job site watching a sh*tty portable tv. This time he can do something about it.

John heads to the curb and jumps into his pickup, a huge Chevrolet, and turns into traffic. Heading towards the Gateway Arch.

(OIC: I don't know about you, Ross, but personally I've fit a lot more than two people in a much smaller truck than I've got these days.)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:36 pm 
OY: I know that. I'm attempting to put limits on the stuff you guys start out with, so there's a bit of incentive to explore and upgrade equipment and stuff. Your gear will break as well, depending on your luck.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:29 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"About time, too. If I had to act excited about another cloned goat, I was gonna bash my head in." David walks back to his hotel room.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:29 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"What in the hell is going on?!" Jonathan demands as the plane crashes into the arch. Seeking cover from the ensuing chaos, he heads into the lobby of the Hilton Hotel.

(OOC) It might make things a tad bit easier to make an OOC thread, just saying. Also, is there any kind of mandate that we all try and stick together as a group? (/OOC)

Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 am 
From inside his room at the hilton, Mal looks up from his copy of gunsmith, before going back to reading about the American 180 submachine gun.

Storms abrewin'.

Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:31 pm 
Brewing indeed. The silence breaks as the panic does as well. Some of the bystanders rush away from the scene, pushing through groups of packed people. Traffic horns erupt as the highway next to the park suddenly empties, cars swerving out of their lanes to escape. John floors it as he slams the door shut, veering down the road as vehicles pull sudden u-turns and a few screeching noises of accidents mingle with the overpowering sound of shredding metal.

David and John end up in the same elevator with several other people, escalating towards their rooms. The attendees in the lobby seem not to have noticed yet, although David saw one of the presenters on the television turn, stopped mid-sentence, as he disappears into the elevator.

Mal's television mutters quietly to itself, on the same news program. A line of bright-red text suddenly scrolls across it's screen, flashing URGENT to the nation, as a shaken view shows the Arch, one leg nearly shattered. The scrolling bar below starts in on the capacity of the structure's sightseeing hallway above. 150 viewers at a time. Ten minute escalator ride to the top. 1000 step emergency staircase to descend.

John leaps out of his truck as he bumps it up onto the curb, concrete pylons preventing him from driving under the base of the structure. Above, metal still descends from the scar. A long length of grass separates him from the entrance to the underground museum area. A few people emerge from the entrance, running through the park, away from the Arch. The sirens grow louder, lights appearing behind him, still at the far end of the city's Main Street. They look like they're blocked by traffic.

David and John emerge at their level of hotel rooms along with a few other visitors. The length of the hall, with its silence, muted lights, and closed doors, seems to echo. They disappear into their respective rooms.

Present: Luggage, TV
Exits: Balcony, Hall

Exits: East Highway, Riverfront, West Highway, Main Street, Underground Arch Entrance

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG