Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:21 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
Alright. Some rule-type stuff first.
1) Common sense.
2) Please make some attempt at spelling and grammar.
3) You don't have to run every single action by me. If, for example, Ruan's Thunderbolt has grabbed some poor bastard in power armor or something, he can do whatever he wants with it. However, by the same token, don't make every single action you do deadly. And I call the shots when shooting-no godmodding here.

T-minus 1 minute to drop. Running final procedures.
The darkness of the Union-class dropship Stormhammer dissapears as the massive bay doors slowly rumble open, exposing the belly of the ship to the clouds. Your 'Mechs are suspended from the bay, hundreds of kilometers off the ground, by a quartet of magnetic clamps. Even within the sealed confines of your cockpit, you can hear the deafening roar of the Union's 4 massive nuclear-fired engines, and the wind rushing around the 'Mechbay.

'Alright, men, get ready.' Commandant Rikkard's voice comes over the commlink. 'We're hot-dropping right into the middle of the battle. It's rolling plain, with light forestry and a large river running through-it's not too strong that you can't ford it, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you really have to. We've already got two companies engaged there, but ground-ship comms are jammed, so I have no idea what their status is. Last report gave three companies of mixed Kurtia Battlemechs-mostly lights and mediums, but at least two assault-class lances as well. However, they also listed reinforcements on the way as well.'

Drop sequence commencing.

With a lound CR-UNK, the magnetic clamps holding your 'Mechs aloft disengage, and you plummed towards the ground. Your 'Mech quickly reaches terminal velocity, streaking towards the ground at a speed usually reserved for meteroites and crashing starships. The air around the 'Mech burns, covering you in a red shell of flame. In an instant, you pass through the cloud, and you can see the shadowy shapes of 'Mechs moving below.
The odometer marks your progress. Once you hit 10km from the ground, the landing jets ignite with a WHUMPH!, slowing your 'Mech to a less lethal velocity. However, it sill jarrs you when it hits, the 'Mech's knees bending to absorb the impact.

'Alright, men. It's getting bad. The damn Snakes are pushing through the river and running circles around our heavies. We're suffering heavy casualties. Form up on me and hit them as hard as you can. Try and get to the river-that's where we're establishing our defense.'

Your radar shows 23 friendly Battlemechs-mostly heavy and assault-class 'Mechs-engaged against about 40 lighter Kurtain 'Mechs. None have broken off and engaged you yet, but they will once you notice them.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:54 pm 
Gabriel Forester, a.k.a. "Canker" can't supress a shudder as his 100 ton King Crab decelerates, coming to rest on the planet's surface.

No matter how many times I do that, I always end up with my stomach in my throat.

The moss encrusted King Crab lumbers to its feet, squat and bulky, weapons bristling from its undercarriage. Stealth or speed weren't the King Crab's strong suits, even back in its prime. Putting massive firepower on enemy units, near or distant, was another story.

The neuro-link engaged, Gabriel was one with the ancient machine, his mind inside the iron behemoth.

Firing up his targeting computer, Gabriel's eyes quickly scan over the readouts.

S***fire, we've got enemy mechs everywhere... a good eight lances by my count. We're outnumbered, but not outgunned... where's my backup?

Gabriel decides not to risk breaking radio silence as they have not yet been discovered, waiting for the rest of his lance to arrive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:18 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
The Thunderbolt, as befitting it's name, had struck down quickly, the mech shuddering as the legs took the weight. Amusingly enough the mech actually blended in for once - the gray rock he happened to land in matched the factory-gray of the unpainted mech.

Let's take a look around, shall we?

The mech rumbled softly to life at the touch of its' pilot's hands. Inside the cockpit a mechanical voice whispered data to the pilot. Looking through the readings, he sighed.

Plenty to take out, it would seem. Looks like I'm not the first one down, there's a King Crab close by. At least he's intelligent enough to keep quiet - we don't want to attract attention until we have the rest of the group down and ready.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:15 pm 
AOL: talezine
Location: The few, the proud, the furry. Ricky Rat and his Rodent Brigade
William feels the hit of the sudden deceleration. His eyes quickly scan the heads up screen, and then the field around him. He consciously checks the connection of his neural link, ensuring all is working properly.

Everything checks. No damage. Weapons on and ready. Here we go.

He instinctively scans his radar, and takes mental notes of the locations of all mechs (friendly and opposing) and current lance formation. His military training and education works intuitively as he estimates firepower vs. armor ratios, and advancement speeds.

Hellfire, we just walked into a freaking locust swarm!

He looks towards his closest enforcement, summing up the possible fire response they have to draw from.

Great, a Thunderbolt and a Crab. That should inflict some impressive damage, but I sure hope we are packing a speedster or we may be swarmed. Lets just hope they can keep smart and hold the chatter back until we need to form rank.

He pats the controls of Darkhammer in an affectionate way, and awaits his fellow pilots to make their descent.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:30 pm 
Seeing his wingman touch down, Gabriel eases the controls forward, guiding his 'mech to form up with William.

I've heard hot drops like this can get messy, and those enemy mechs look fast. No sense in getting separated.

Gabriel head-wags his mech in acknowledgement as he approaches.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:37 am 
Roberto Grijalva's dusky red Warhammer landed lightly, with little more than a teeth rattling thump. Roberto was an old hand at planetary ingress, and had learned how to roll with the landing. He immediantly flicked a switch. A series of small explosions occured around the seventy ton battlemech, jettisoning the now useless weight of the landing jets.

A glance at his tactical display and another with the very reliable Mark I eyeball revealed no immediant danger, so he ran through a brief diagnostic. Everything looked in good working order: reactor on line, computer on line, weapons on line, all systems nominal.

Roberto quickly located al'Hallen's Thunderbolt, none the worse for the drop. He gave the other mech a quick form up command with a wave of his 'mech's left arm. Roberto scanned the drop zone, looking for Fitz-Steiner's Marauder II and Roberts' Warhammer.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:49 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan acknowledges the wave to formation with a quick wave of his own, then his mech creaks into motion as the Thunderbolt rumbles to life. Legs crunching down into the dirt below, the mech quickly moved into position next to the dusky Warhammer. All the while, the mercenary listened as the Thunderbolt whispered to him through visual data and information everything it could find about enemy formations and firepower.

Light mechs, I see... and plenty of them. They've got the numbers, but we've got the firepower. An interesting match. Not everyone is down yet though...

With that thought, the mechwarrior looked up to the skies, searching for the telltale streak from where a mech had entered the area.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:02 am 
With his mikes closed,Javier howls in exultation as his mech plummets toward the surface,all the while scanning with with all his sensors so that he does not get surprised and can find his lance mates quickly and with minimum exposure to enemy fire.

Damn thats fun,best damn ride in the universe

Javier quickly gets into position on his lance leaders flank,so he can protect him and his lance mates,all the while scanning for enemy and friendly mechs so he can get a rough idea of how the battle is shaping up,all the while switcing all his weapons to "hot" and mentally preparing himself to enter his battle gestalt.

He quickly bobs his mech at Waffle too let him know that all his systems are functioning at 100% and that he is ready for any orders he may receive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:24 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
"WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Filled the coms for most of the trip down. Jason's First combat drop ever will be a shining memory for the rest of his life. Before touching down he opened up his commo board and attempts to reestablish communication with the rest of the allied forces in the area. Once down he quickly finds the heavies and falls in behind them, covering the rear.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:48 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
AOL: marauderpilot
'Look alive, men! Incoming!'
About a mixed company of Kurtia 'Mechs breaks off from the main battle and heads towards your position, sensing fresh meat.
Your targetting computers flash the 'Mechs around on your hud, swiftly identifying the bogeys.

SCH-2B Shogun
NOTE: Last reported piloted by Sho'sa Takashi Subhash
MAD-3M Marauder
DRG-1C Dragon
HBK-4G Hunchback

PNT-9R Panther
PNT-0R Panther
VLK-QA Valkyrie
JR7-D Jenner

DRG-1C Dragon
UM-R60 UrbanMech
VL-2T Vulcan
CRB-20 Crab

All the 'Mechs are more-or-less undamaged, and barrelling towards you. However, you're still well out of range, but the gap is closing fast.

'Steiner commander, this is Sho'sa Subhash of the 13th Kurtian Regulars. I challenge you and your command to a proper duel of honor-as samauri.'

'Honor this.' Rikkard replies, raising his Atlas's middle finger at the Sho'sa's Shogun. 'I won't challenge you to any duel-we'll fight the proper way.'

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:15 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
chads marauder hits the ground really hard. probably a result of not really finishing his training before battle. it doesnt really matter he presumes ill figure it out fast enough after getting over the number of gizmos and doodads he looks around and sees some of his new friends from the drop. "so when do we get to kill 'em?" he then notices that everyone is centered around one area so he runs after them "hey wait for meeeee!"[/i]

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:38 pm 
The mech whispers softly to the pilot, the mechanical voice dry and unemotional.

Lasers online. SRMs online. LRMs online. Machine guns online. All weapon systems online.

"Ghost, what's the status on the enemy mechs?"

Shogun, Marauder, 2 Dragon, Hunchback, 2 Panther, Valkyrie, Jenner, UrbanMech, Vulcan, Crab. LRM range - one minute.

Ruan nods to himself. There will be plenty of mechs to fight, that much will be certain. He frowns as the commandant refuses the invitation to duel - he would have taken the challenge. Then again, what more can you expect from people who have been fighting turf wars such as these? Honor doesn't tend to mean much out in the battlefields such as these. It just gets you killed. Out here, you fight to win.

Enemy mechs nearing LRM range.

He takes in a breath, and lets it out. His hand hovers near the lock-on button as he waits for orders.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:04 pm 
AOL: talezine
Location: The few, the proud, the furry. Ricky Rat and his Rodent Brigade
William quickly scans the terrain options, and the distance to attack. He makes a mental check of his heat sink status and current system functions.
Hi cerebral link returns all the information he sought immediately.

He opens his comlink to the others.

"Looks like our landing did not go unnoticed for long. Lock and load. Hit the fast advancers first. Our lance can't risk a swarm. Chad, stay close to Lance Raun. Follow his commands, don't get cocky, and remember...if your dead your dead."

As he flexes his arms, the Huge PPC cannons level up to an arc that will intercept their new enemies.

Patience, they will be here soon

"Listen, heavies offer a volley, allow our support to get into combat formation. Break rank in twos if necessary, don't get caught alone or you will be feasted on."

With that, he again checs the range of the oncomming traffic.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:57 pm 
AOL: sugarraygross
"roger that bill" now where IS ruan? once finding his shadow target,c had runs after him eager to learn anyhting he can from a battle hardened mech dude. this could be fun, i jsut hope i dont screw this up"ruan, what odds would you give us? or are you not a betting man?"

edit: oog: unles someone tells me not to im goign to post a lot. reason being that i get bored so i go here to entertain myself and im not content to read without posting. therefore be forewarned or tell me not to but dont blame me if you see lotsa jewish stars.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:07 am 
"Copy that" Canker barks into the comm before flicking the master safety off "weapons hot."

of course I'd rather be doing the charging than waiting for them to come.

Canker waits for the nearest enemy mech to get in range before firing a pair of LRM-15s.

ooc: question about the gauss rifle.. what kind of range and fire rate does it have?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG