Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:47 pm 
Welcome to Earthfall II

This game will be picking up right where the first one left off and will continue to follow the saga of humankind's exile on the world-ship Atlas and her three moons.

It doesn't matter if you followed the previous threads or not, everything you need to know is right here. I've tried to keep reading material down to a minimum, but there is a *lot* out there. This signup thread will mostly be dealing with basic game mechanics and the backstory, I will probably also start an "Encyclopedia" thread with some extra material (for those that care).

The story, world, and game system are my own creation, so please ask me if you have any questions or point out anything that doesn't make sense.

This is summer vacation so I don't expect you guys to be shakespeares when it comes to posting. Like I said in the previous thread, this is California-style RPG... laid back, and go with the flow. If people are posting a lot, I'll try to increase the pace of the story, if posting slacks off a little, I'll slow it down.

I expect the pace will start out fast and slow way down as summer progresses, that's the way these things usually go. The only thing I ask is that if you want to play you make at least a brief post once a week, or let me know if you're going to be away for a while.

Read through the intro material, and post here if you want to play. I'll save you a spot for 48 hours. If I don't have your character sheet by then, I'll open the slot up for the next person who wants in. I'm looking for 2-6 new players (plus Dom and ZetaStriker, I'm saving you both extra spots if you want in) I'll probably be kicking off the game sometime late next week.

Last of all, and bottom line, we're all here to have fun. If the intro material seems daunting, just skim through it. I'll be explaining it step by step in game as we go anyway. Take a look at the sample character sheet for a shortcut. Let your imagination go crazy. And pm me if you have any questions/comments/ideas.

....Buckle up ladies and gents....

Last edited by StarflightDream on Fri May 06, 2005 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:48 pm 
Legend of the Nephilim

In the distant future, Earth was visited by an advanced alien race known as the Nephilim. Little is known about the Nephilim except that they came in peace, and all nations were united under their benevolent rule. For 1,000 years the Earth enjoyed an age of prosperity, free from war and famine under the guidance of the Nephilim

But such a peace could not last forever. The Nephilim warned of a coming Apocalypse that they were powerless to prevent; A virus so deadly it would consume every last person on Earth. The only choice was to leave Earth before the virus struck, and wait until it had run its course before returning. Using technology beyond belief, the Nephilim created the World-Ship: Atlas. Atlas was to be an ark for humans and Nephilim alike until it was safe to return to Earth. But a problem arose; somehow a strain of the virus found its way onboard Atlas and people began to die. 99% of the population was obliterated by the virus, and those that survived were so horribly twisted as to no longer be recognizably human. These came to be known as the Twisted Ones. Only a precious few individuals were somehow untouched by the virus; the last Remnant of humanity. The Nephilim vanished completely, leaving behind only their artifacts, ruins, and a cryptic prophesy: “When the last Twisted One is cleansed, then claim thy birthright beloved offspring, and make Earthfall.”

For two millennia the World-Ship reeled out of control around the sun, all who understood its secrets long dead. Life was hard for the Remnant as they sought to rebuild civilization aboard the World-Ship. The Twisted Ones were driven by some primal urge to destroy the Remnant, and they were pitched in constant battle for survival.

As time went on there were some among the Remnant who thought they had been untouched by the virus, but began to show signs of subtle but remarkable mutations. Some found they could harness the elemental force of nature, others could control matter with the power the mind alone, still others could fade in and out of existence as they saw fit. In an attempt to learn to control these abilities the Remnant formed the Council of Adepts, an order sworn to the study of their powers to protect humanity, to eradicate the Twisted Ones, and to uphold the will of the Nephilim. In a monumental campaign pooling all of their abilities together, the Council of Adepts managed to pen the Twisted Ones inside Atlas and retreat with the Remnant to Atlas’ three moons: Hercules, Odysseus, and Calliope.

The Modern World

Five hundred years later, life flourishes aboard the three moons Hercules, Odysseus, and Calliope. The Twisted Ones as well as the Nephilim are little more than a myth, and the Earthfall prophesy is all but forgotten. Culture and trade wax strong on Hercules, Odysseus, and Calliope, each developing its own nations, city-states, and peoples. With the Twisted Ones no longer a threat, the Council has taken on the roll of mediator between the various nations and city-states of the three moons, answerable to no single government. Some say the Council has lost sight of its once noble goals, and has become corrupt under the weight of its own power and authority, but such heresy is always whispered furtively in dark alleys and corners of dismal taverns for fear of word reaching the Grand Inquisitor.

Most technology was lost in the great Apocalypse, but now it has progressed once more roughly to the point it would have been at in the late 17th century Earth. Gunpowder is a recent invention, metallurgy and chemistry allowing for the construction of devastating field artillery. Fearing such technology might become a threat to its own authority the Council has banned the use of firearms and artillery on the field of battle, relegating their use to experiments conducted by curious philosophers. However, certain futuristic artifacts remain aboard the three moons, most notably the Temple-Gates constructed by the Nephilim.

The Temple-Gates allow trade and commerce between the three moons and are tightly controlled by the Council of Adepts. Most people believe that the Council built the Temple-Gates and that they are in fact of Nephilim origin is a secret kept within the highest circles of the Council. There is one Temple-Gate on each world. The mechanism by which the gates function is unknown, but once a year the gates would “open” allowing people to pass between worlds. Atlas, however, remains unreachable through the temple gates, and whatever technology the Council used to flee to the three moons is a secret kept within the highest circles of the Council.

Hercules

Population: 2 million
Major Cities: New Athens, Skraelgüt, Forge
Avg. Surface Temp: 8 C
Primary Biomes: Mountains, Ocean, Tundra, Boreal Forest

Description: The largest of the three moons, Hercules is a cold world dominated by snowy alps and frozen tundra. The northern hemisphere is dominated by range upon range of vaulting mountains and glaciers, the southern hemisphere is a huge ocean with a smattering of large islands. The island villages make a great profit from fishing and whaling the deep, cold waters of the ocean while risking the occasional storm and hungry ocean predator.

Skraelgut is the center of trade and commerce in the southern hemisphere, a sprawling city of wooden fishermen’s shanties and crowded, noisy marketplaces. Eskimo tribes living on the endless ice sheets to the south come to Skraelgut to trade furs for foodstuffs and weapons. Large ocean sails also make frequent trade runs between Skraelgut and the capital, New Athens.

New Athens is a beautiful city that lies along the equator where it still is warm enough for wildflowers to push their way through the surrounding grassy slopes, and farmers can produce enough crops for it to be a profitable trade. New Athens is the center of culture and learning; a populous city full of tall stone buildings, marbled walkways, and terraced gardens. Home to the Great Archive, New Athens has attracted scholars from all over the three moons.

Further north through the boreal forests and across several lesser mountain ranges, the Wintertooth range begins. Nestled high on the slopes of the Winterteeth are various mining outposts and the hub of all mining activity: Forge. Forge is a city of fire and ice; nights so cold one can freeze to death within a minute of stepping outside and bellows so hot they can melt cryonite ore. Cryonite, also known as coldsteel, is mined deep in the mountains of Hercules. It is much more durable than steel but has an extremely low specific temperature. Pure veins of cryonite have been known to freeze the very air around them. Most often cryonite is worked together with steel to form weapons or shields of incomparable strength.

Even further north, on the pristine Angel mountain range, sitting at the top of the world is the Adept Vatican. The Vatican is the seat of power for the Council of Adepts, and is reachable only by Sky Sail.

Odysseus

Population: 300,000
Major Cities: New Cairo, Ithica
Avg. Surface Temp: 34 C
Primary Biomes: Desert, Mountains, Badlands, Savannah

Description: Odysseus is the smallest of the three moons, yet still remains largely unexplored. Desert dunes and flat plains of sand cover a great portion of Odysseus’ surface, interrupted only by the occasional cactus, tree, or wheeling vulture. Several mountain ranges streak the face of Odysseus, causing some precipitation to fall around them and create the savannah lands.

New Cairo sits within the beautiful savannah under the shadow of Khalas, the highest mountain on Odysseus, and is watered by the Cobra river which eventually feeds into lake Umwego, one of the precious few on Odysseus.

Further west, across miles and miles of desert, one would eventually come to a series of badlands and the city of Ithica. Ithica lies near the lake Wahir, but the high salt content makes the water undrinkable. Ithica’s only source of water are the cacti that grow among the badlands and the rare but torrential rainfall. Ithica functions more as a wayfarer’s sanctuary for the many nomadic tribes that follow herds of buffalo and wildebeest across the badlands, desert, and savannah.

Some travelers after having spent long weeks deep in the desert come home with breathless tales of having seen spectacular cities on the horizon with buildings taller than belief, but none have ever found evidence that such cities actually exist.

Odysseus is also home to many monks and ascetics that live in caves carved out of the mountainside, seeking to escape the disturbances of civilization and ponder the mysteries of life.

Calliope

Population: 1 million
Major Cities: Apollo, Wilderedge, Pearl
Avg. Surface Temp: 26 C
Primary Biomes: Mangrove Jungle, Granite Mesas, Volcanoes

Description: Calliope is arguably the most beautiful of the three moons, and certainly contains the most diverse and abundant wildlife. The vast expanse of Calliope is a huge mangrove rainforest, sometimes reaching a full kilometer in depth. The upper, middle, and lower portions of the canopy are home to complete ecosystems unto themselves. The base of the jungle is covered in water a few meters deep, giving these jungles the name “seas.” The Great Sea is in fact a jungle that stretches entirely around the equator of Calliope.

The majority of settlements on Calliope are atop high granitic mesas rising out of the jungle that occur mostly in the northern and southern hemispheres. Apollo, the capital of Calliope, sits atop the highest mesa Throne, and is built around Calliope’s Temple-Gate itself.

Wilderedge is another significant city that sits overlooking the jungle on the largest mesa known as Greystone. Far from barren, Greystone is home to a variety of foxes, hares, goats, hawks, and scrub brush. Wilderedge is in a profitable location as it lies close both to the lush hunting grounds of the Darkmoon Sea and the valuable gold mines of Greystone.

Nothing can compare, however, to the wealth to be had in the city of Pearl. Pearl lies in the southern hemisphere on the mesa Shadowstone and is surrounded by a ring of volcanoes. Despite the danger, fortunes are often made in a matter of days in the gem mines of Shadowstone. Stories are told that when settlers first arrived on Shadowstone emeralds the size of fists were simply lying on the ground.

The mesa dwellers are not the only ones who inhabit Calliope, however. The jungle is home to many different warring tribes that build their homes among the trees. Although these tribes occasionally venture up the mesas to trade, there is great distrust between the jungle tribes and the mesa dwellers.

...And so life continues on the three moons of Atlas. Humanity grows concerned with trivial matters of its newfound home, and the legacy of Earth is forgotten. Recent reports of hunters deep in the wilderness encountering terrifying creatures, or remote villages being raided by foul beasts are dismissed by officials as superstition and overactive imaginations. It’s common knowledge that the Twisted Ones were trapped on Atlas over five hundred years ago, and besides, isn’t that all just a legend? Yet the Earthfall prophesy is still whispered among wise men and those who know that the World-Ship lies waiting for its secrets to be unlocked, and that when the time is right a hero will lead the Remnant of humanity back to its ancient home.

Last edited by StarflightDream on Fri May 06, 2005 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:53 pm 
Character Generation

Name:
Homeworld: (Hercules, Calliope, or Odysseus)

Background: (note: I will keep this part hidden from other players in the beginning)
Physical Description:
Weapon/Equipment:
Aptitude:
Gift: (this is kinda like your race... but it will be hidden unless it is physically obvious, i.e. you are a Pelagian, Demon-born, or Deminephil)

Attributes (you get 80 points to distribute among these)
Strength:
Endurance:
Dexterity:
Speed:
Perception:
Intelligence:
Will:
Charisma:

Skills: (More on this later... see the list below)

Signature Techniques: (I will also keep these hidden from other players to begin with)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:55 pm 
The Attributes

There are eight basic attributes to measure your character’s natural abilities, four dealing with the body and four dealing with the mind. You will have 80 points to distribute among these attributes in any way you choose, however you cannot raise a single attribute above 25 points (for the time being) and every attribute must get at least 3 points.

Strength: A measure of your character’s overall physical strength and musculature. Characters with high strength can lift and carry more, they do more damage in melee combat and block heavy attacks effectively, are more difficult to knock down, can wield heavy weapons and armor more accurately, and they can exert more stamina in a single move.

Endurance: A measure of how well conditioned and durable your character is. Characters with high endurance can take more damage in combat, run for longer distances without tiring, and regenerate health and stamina at a higher rate.

Speed: A measure of how fast your character is in terms of reflexes and “fast-twitch” muscle. Characters with high speed attack first in combat, sprint faster, have more moves per round, and do more damage with knives, thrown weapons, and hand-to-hand.

Dexterity: A measure of how coordinated and agile your character is. Characters with high dexterity hit their target more often, evade attacks more effectively, are more difficult to knock down, and can use more focus in a single move.

Perception: A measure of how sharp your character’s five senses are, and of their general situational awareness. Characters with high perception are more likely to detect hidden presences and traps, see through illusions, and are more accurate when sniping with ranged weapons.

Intelligence: A measure of your character’s mental aptitude and ability to think quickly. Characters with high intelligence begin with more skills, learn new skills more easily, have more psi points, and can use more focus in a single move.

Will: A measure of the determination and tenacity of your character. Characters with high will regenerate psi points and chakra more quickly, are more likely to resist harmful spells, and regenerate focus at a higher rate.

Charisma: A measure of the general attractiveness of your character, both physical and in how well they relate to others. Characters with high charisma make good leaders, have more chakra, can draw and hold more elementals, and are more effective with illusory spells.

Derived Attributes

There will be a number of additional attributes derived from the eight basic attributes that are used in combat and magic. These are described fully in the Earthfallpedia for those who are interested. It is not necessarily important to worry about these derived attributes when creating your character. Simply pick a value for each of the eight basic attributes that reflects your character’s nature, and the rest will be explained as the game progresses. The only derived attribute that may be of concern during character creation is the number of moves your character gets per combat round; Speed divided by four, rounded up.

Attribute Checks

If you are attempting a difficult task (or whenever appropriate) I will make an attribute check by selecting a random number between 1 and the number of points you have allocated to that attribute. Therefore if you are trying to jump across a chasm and your dexterity is 15, I would make a dexterity check by selecting a number randomly from 1-15. (For those who are interested, I will do this by rolling a d100 and multiplying the outcome by one-hundredth of your attribute value). Whether you pass or fail the task depends on the difficulty level, using the following general scale:

3 – Easy: Most humans would have little difficulty passing this challenge.
6 – Medium: Substantially difficult, an average human would succeed about half the time.
9 – Hard: A daunting challenge, this should only be attempted by those well suited to the task.
12 – Very hard: Even an expert would think twice before trying something like this.
15 – Heroic: Impossible for most humans, a feat of this magnitude is awe-inspiring.
18 – Legendary: If you succeed, people will be talking about it for a long time.
21 – Superhuman: Surviving a fall from a cliff, running across water, this just doesn’t happen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:02 pm 
Aptitudes, Skills, and Character Advancement

While attributes are a measure of your character’s natural abilities, skills describe your character’s studied arts and profession. There are upwards of a hundred skills in Earthfall, each one suited to a different purpose, in or out of combat. You can attempt anything you want regardless of your skills, but if you want to tightrope walk across a chasm for example, having trained the skill of acrobatics will greatly increase your character’s chances of survival.

Skills have been grouped into a number of aptitudes, such as “warrior” or “scholar.” When you choose an aptitude you will level up skills falling under that aptitude twice as quickly as skills outside your aptitude. Choosing an aptitude need not have any bearing on your character’s background, it’s merely a way of picking a set of skills your character finds easy to master.

Skills range from level 1 to level 10 (at present). Generally speaking for every level your character has in a particular skill they will gain a 10% bonus for all activities related to that skill. When selecting skills for your character you will spend Character Points (or CP) to level up your skills. The number of CP your character starts with is equal to three times your intelligence plus an extra 20. Therefore if your character has an intelligence of 8, they would start with (3x8) + 20 = 44 character points.

The follow chart shows how much CP must be spent to advance skills inside and outside your aptitude.

Aptitude Skills

Level 1 – 4: 1 CP per level
Level 5 – 7: 2 CP per level
Level 8 – 9: 3 CP per level
Level 10: 4 CP

Non-Aptitude Skills

Level 1 – 4: 2 CP per level
Level 5 – 7: 4 CP per level
Level 8 – 9: 6 CP per level
Level 10: 8 CP

For example, if you choose “warrior” as your aptitude, it will take you 8 CP to advance your Axe skill to level 6, but it will take 12 CP to advance an artisan fabric craft skill to level 5.

As you play the game, you will earn more CP which you will use to advance your character’s skills and attributes. There are three ways to earn CP in Earthfall:

1. Killing bad guys
Each baddie is worth a certain fraction of CP. The one who makes the kill gets full credit and the rest of the group gets half the value.

2. Solving puzzles
There will be a number of obstacles in Earthfall that will require you to use your brain instead of your muscles. Some puzzles will have a fixed CP reward that I will divide among the party based on who made the right breakthrough, but I will also award CP to characters who come up with unique or innovative solutions to other problems they encounter along the way.

3. Good role-playing
Yes this is an RPG and there will be RP in the G, ya feel me? ;) Good RP is really nothing more than making your character and the world around you believable. I’m not talking about writing essays here… if you feel like making a slightly longer post to flesh out your character I’ll reward you for your time, but that’s not always necessary. Just be consistent, interact with the other players, maybe have a few idiosyncrasies, and bottom line; have fun. Awarding CP based on RP is highly subjective, I know, but I’ll try to be as fair as possible. There are many different ways to play the game, so long as you have fun.

You will be able to use CP you earn along the way to level up skills when you sleep provided you have used that skill since the last sleepcycle. Otherwise you must find a teacher to train you in a new skill or one that you have not practiced in a while.

The following is the list of skills that are grouped into seven aptitudes. You can pick one aptitude, or none and get a small CP bonus to start, but remember that leveling up non-aptitude skills costs twice as much. Also note:

• You can attempt ANYTHING you want to in game, regardless of your skill. Just because you haven’t trained blunt weapon doesn’t mean you can’t swing a bat at an approaching ghoul. Your chances of success will be much greater if you are a blunt weapon expert, of course.

• If you think of a skill that isn’t on this list, pm me and I’ll try to work it in. Heck, if you’re nuts enough I’ll even let you come up with a whole new aptitude.

• Unless otherwise noted, each level you gain in a particular skill grants an additional 10% bonus when using that skill.

• The attribute in parenthesis next to each skill is the governing attribute of that skill. The governing attribute determines your natural ability when performing that skill. What this means is that if you have a very high dexterity you will be naturally better at acrobatics, for example. Each attribute point is worth an additional 10% bonus (or penalty). Skills that have no governing attribute are based solely on skill level.

Warrior

Warriors are unparalleled in melee combat, on or off the battlefield. They are proficient in learning to use weapons of all types, using shields to block ranged attacks or wielding two weapons to inflict maximum damage. Warriors come in all shapes and sizes, their tactics reflecting their own attributes and philosophies regarding the art of war.

Long Blade (Strength) – Knowledge and use of long swords, broadswords, scimitars, glaives, rapiers, claymores etc.

Axe (Strength) – Knowledge and use of axes, hatchets, battleaxes, halberds, etc.

Spear (Strength) – Knowledge and use of spears, polearms, pike, etc.

Blunt Weapon (Strength) – Knowledge and use of clubs, cudgels, maces, and improvised blunt weapons. Note: this skill does not include the use of staffs.

Shield Block (Dexterity) – Knowledge of how to use a shield effectively. Ranged attacks can also be blocked with this skill.

Gunnery (Dexterity) – Knowledge and use of catapults, ballistae, cannons etc. For weapons requiring a crew the lowest bonus among all crew members is used.

Dual Wield – This skill allows two single-handed weapons to be wielded, granting one extra attack per round with the offhand weapon at a 40% penalty to the accuracy and power of both weapons. Each consecutive level reduces this penalty by 10%, resulting in a bonus to both weapons at higher levels.

Berserk – If a warrior chooses to go berserk they will enter a primal rage, their stamina reserves becoming infinite for a brief period of time (at a large penalty to accuracy) after which their stamina meter will be drained to 1. At level 1 the skill lasts 1 round and incurs a 75% penalty to accuracy. Each consecutive level increases the duration by 1 round and decreases the penalty by 5%. A berserking warrior can choose to “calm down” at any time, but their stamina will then immediately be drained to 1.

Sturdy Legs (Strength) – With this skill a warrior can avoid being knocked down or losing his footing. Each level increases the warrior’s KDT (knockdown threshold) by 1.

Hunter

Hunters are masters of the wild, feeling just as at home in the trackless wilderness as in a comfortable inn. Hunters are invaluable when traveling cross-country or following quarry across long distances. When it comes to combat they prefer to stay out of the thick of things, using ranged weaponry to snipe at their opponents.

Straight Bow (Dexterity) – Knowledge and use of straight bows, short bows, long bows etc.

Cross Bow (Dexterity) – Knowledge and use of cross bows, heavy cross bows etc.

Rifle (Dexterity) – Knowledge and use of rifles.

Marksmanship (Perception) – With this skill a hunter can spend one combat move to take careful aim at a target with any ranged weapon, increasing the chances of hitting.

Sharp Sight (Perception) – With this skill a hunter is more likely to detect a hidden or stealthy presence, and to notice things others would not.

Tracking (Perception) – With this skill a hunter can read signs left by a passing quarry, determining which direction they traveled. At higher levels more information about the quarry is given.
Level 2 – The hunter can determine what type of quarry he/she is following
Level 4 – The hunter can determine the number of quarry.
Level 6 – The hunter can determine how old the tracks are.
Level 10 – The hunter can determine where the quarry is from vibrations in the ground.

Riding (Dexterity) – Knowledge of how to ride and care for a mount. Horses are the most common mounts on the Three Moons and are the easiest to ride, while more exotic mounts tend to be more difficult to ride and require a higher riding roll to maintain control and avoid being thrown.

Herb Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of herbs that grow in various places on the three moons that have medicinal or poisonous qualities. With a higher herb lore skill, a hunter can recognize more exotic and more powerful herbs.

Wilderness Survival (Intelligence) – There are basic principles to surviving in the wild that hunters have grown to understand from their time spent there. The Wilderness Survival skill allows hunters to recognize signs of danger in the wild, and to search for food and shelter more effectively.

Rogue

Rogues are the most comfortable in urban jungles and large, sprawling cities, blending in easily with the crowd and preying off the unwary. With their skills in infiltration and passing undetected, they are invaluable when direct force is not the answer. Rogues specialize in hit and fade tactics using guns, thrown weapons and short blades.

Short Blade (Speed) – Knowledge and use of daggers, short swords, falchions etc. Short blades use speed rather than strength to modify attack power.

Sling (Speed) – Knowledge and use of slings. Slings can be used to throw rocks and stones or special items like grenades. The damage done from the sling attack is modified by speed, while the accuracy is modified by dexterity.

Thrown Weapon (Speed) – Knowledge and use of throwing knives, stars, and other improvised missiles.

Pistol (Dexterity) – Knowledge and use of pistols.

Security (Intelligence) – Knowledge of security systems. This includes locks, traps, even patrol patterns. With a high security skill a rogue can bypass more complex security systems

Stealth (Perception) – Knowledge of how to pass undetected. The stealth roll is modified by skill level and conditions, those searching for the rogue must match this number with a perception roll to detect him/her.

Evade (Perception or Dexterity) – Rogues are experts at getting out of harm’s way. This skill can be used on defense to evade an incoming attack. Whereas regular defense requires both stamina and focus, an evade requires only one or the other. A stamina evade is modified by dexterity, a focus evade is modified by perception. At higher levels a rogue can also learn to evade different types of missiles.
Level 6 – Evade thrown weapon: Both stamina and focus must be used to evade an incoming missile
Level 8 – Evade arrow
Level 10 – Evade bullet

Intimidation (Strength) – With this skill a rogue can threaten a quarry into yielding. Similar to the “persuade” skill, this can be used to elicit information, get better prices on items, or affect a quarry’s decision.

Monk

Monks tend to lead solitary lives, believing that ultimate knowledge is to be gained through self-reflection and meditation. They are acutely aware of their own capabilities, and can push themselves to uncommon limits both physically and mentally. As such they use unique tactics when it comes to combat, utilizing exotic weapons or the body itself as a weapon.

Empty Hand (Strength or Speed) – In empty hand combat, either speed or strength is used to calculate power, whichever is greater. Hand to hand combat damages an opponent’s stamina first, and only when the opponent is unconscious will it damage their health. Each consecutive level in Hand to Hand adds 20% to accuracy and power. To effectively use hand to hand, a Monk cannot be wearing armor or using heavy equipment.

Staff (Strength) – Knowledge and use of staffs, quarterstaffs, jo sticks etc. Each consecutive level in staff adds 10% to accuracy and power.

Exotic Weaponry (Strength or Speed) – Knowledge of rare and exotic weaponry that does not fit easily into any of the other weapon classes. Monks learn to use weapons like these more easily, but each type of exotic weapon must have its own skill level. In other words, you must level up nunchuks and blade rings independently.

Meditation (Intelligence) – With this skill Monks can quiet their mind, becoming in tune with their own body and surroundings. If a monk chooses to meditate, they go into a trance like state similar to sleep, regenerating psi points and healing wounds. In combat, a monk can choose to use their offensive round to meditate, regaining stamina and focus far more quickly.

Blind Fighting (Perception) – Certain spells and special combat techniques can result in blindness, incurring an 80% penalty to accuracy. Monks often train to fight without the use of vision, relying on their other senses to predict where an opponent will be. Each consecutive level in Blind Fighting reduces the penalty for blindness by 10%, resulting in a slight bonus at higher levels.

Acrobatics (Dexterity) – Knowledge of how to move acrobatically, balancing on small objects, running along walls etc. With a high acrobatics skill a monk can also avoid being knocked down at an extra cost to stamina.

Spirit Cry “Kiai” (Will) – A Monk’s spirit cry tightens core muscles and releases adrenaline into the bloodstream, driving a single attack well beyond normal focus and stamina limits. This skill takes a single combat move to use, and 50% of the focus and stamina used in the Kiai will be transferred to the following attack, regardless of focus, stamina, and Ki limits. Each consecutive level allows an additional 5% of focus and stamina to be transferred.

Artisan

Artisans strive to create, whether out of necessity, monetary gain, or simply for the sake of art. With the right tools and materials an artisan can craft a powerful weapon, aid in the construction of a fortress, or repair an ancient suit of armor.

Fabric Craft (Dexterity) - Knowledge of how to work, repair, and create items out of woven material.

Wood Craft (Dexterity) – Knowledge of how to work, repair and create items of wood.

Stone Craft (Endurance) – Knowledge of how to work, repair and create items of stone.

Metal Craft (Endurance) – Knowledge of how to work, repair and create items of metal.

Weapon smith (Intelligence) – Knowledge of how to craft different weapon types.

Armor smith (Intelligence) – Knowledge of how to craft different kinds of armor.

Artist (Charisma) – With this skill an artisan can create works of art and more aesthetically pleasing items, increasing their value.

Musician (Charisma) – Skill and knowledge in music. With this skill and the right instrument an artisan can lift the spirits of his friends, instill fear in his enemies, or perform for monetary gain.

Storyteller (Charisma) – The skill of storytelling is an ancient art, and can be a powerful tool as well. This skill involves the ability to hold an audience’s attention, knowledge of timing, tempo, and cadence, as well as different ancient legends and tales.

Bartering (Charisma) – The skill of negotiating with a potential buyer or seller to drive the price up or down.

Philosopher

Philosophers spend their lives following pursuits of the mind, studying at the many schools in New Athens or traveling the three moons in search of knowledge and wisdom. With their knowledge concerning the Nephilim, the Twisted Ones, and even Old Earth technology they are invaluable when it comes to solving puzzles and recognizing the use for artifacts. On the battlefield a philosopher can treat wounds, engineer devastating explosions and other traps, or alert companions about the strengths and weaknesses of mysterious foes.

Fast Learner – Spending their lives in pursuit of knowledge, philosophers have trained themselves to acquire new skills more quickly. Each consecutive level reduces the amount of CP needed to level up any skill by 5%.

Instructor (Charisma) – Allows a philosopher to train another player or student in a skill that he/she is proficient in. The student must spend the requisite amount of CP for each level, and the philosopher must spend a length of time training the student. The number of hours needed to complete the instruction is equal to the level the student is trying to achieve, but this amount of time can be modified by the philosopher’s charisma. The philosopher can train a number of students at the same time, provided they are all studying for the same level. The maximum level a philosopher can train a student to is equal to the philosopher’s own level in that skill or his/her level in instructing, whichever is lower.

Field Medicine (Intelligence) – Thanks to their knowledge of anatomy, with the right materials (medical kit: antiseptic, bandages, splints etc.) a philosopher can treat various wounds encountered on the battlefield, allowing the wounded to heal over time. With a greater skill in field medicine the philosopher can treat more serious wounds. Each consecutive level adds a 10% bonus to the field medicine roll.

Chemistry (Intelligence) – Knowledge of different chemical compounds and how they react. With this skill and the right materials and tools a philosopher can create explosives, poisons, and potions.

Engineering (Intelligence) – Knowledge of physical structures, their weak and strong points.

Nephilim Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of the Nephilim, their history, legend, and artifacts.

Twisted One Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of the Twisted Ones, their history, different species, weak and strong points.

Old Earth Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of the fabled paradise Earth… different artifacts, cities, and legends of the ancient civilization that lived there.

Mountain Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of mountains, mountainous terrain, climate, vegetation, and wildlife in mountainous regions.

Tundra Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of tundra, climate, wildlife and vegetation.

Desert Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of the desert, wildlife, vegetation, where to find water.

Leader

Leaders draw their strength from those who follow them, organizing groups to act in accordance effectively. Under a leader’s guidance, a directionless rabble can turn into a deadly strike force.

Combat Leadership (Charisma) – With this skill a leader’s courage in the face of combat inspires those around him to fight harder. With each consecutive level all friendly troops around the leader will get 1 additional health buffer point (HBP) for the duration of the battle. This skill is automatic and does not need to be activated.

Battle Tactics (Intelligence) – With this skill a leader can analyze an opponent’s strengths and weaknesses, using them to his/her advantage. If the leader spends one full combat round to study the opponent, all friendly troops will gain a bonus to accuracy and power when fighting that opponent. This skill depends on the leader being able to see or have a clear understanding of the opponent’s position, and coming up with a good strategy, so the bonuses will vary according to the situation, but for each focus point spent each consecutive level adds roughly 1% more to accuracy and power versus that opponent until the strategy is no longer viable. Note: if you come up with the tactic on your own I will be more generous awarding the bonus.

Rallying Cry (Charisma) – With this skill a leader can give a short speech or battle-cry to his/her men in a combat situation in order to boost their morale. All who hear the speech will have their focus/stamina increased at a cost to the leader’s own focus/stamina. Each consecutive level transfers an additional 10% of the focus and stamina spent on the rallying cry by the leader to each person who hears the rallying cry. This takes a full combat round, but can be done as many times in a battle as necessary. Note: RP is very important to this skill. As long as you say something vaguely inspirational I won’t penalize you, but if you feel like spending a little more time and write an epic “St. Crispin’s day” type speech, expect large bonuses.

Persuasion (Charisma) – The ability to bring others around to one’s own cause through speechcraft and general charisma.

Ocean Sailing (Dexterity) - Knowledge of how to man an Ocean Sail and the different principles it functions on.

Sky Sailing (Dexterity) – Knowledge of how to man a Sky Sail and the different principles it functions on.

Ocean Lore (Intelligence) – Knowledge of the ocean, it’s weather and wind patterns, wildlife.

Jungle Lore (Intelligence) - Knowledge of the jungle, how to get around, wildlife and vegetation to be cautious of.

Signature Techniques

Last of all, if you have a high enough weapon skill, your character will have a set of special moves, or “signature techniques” that are unique to them. A signature technique is granted at level 6, level 8, and level 10 for each weapon class. Therefore if your character has level 7 axe skill and level 8 longbow skill, you will get 1 signature technique for the axe and two for the longbow.

You will come up with your character’s own signature techniques. Sig-teks will be more powerful than regular attacks, but each sig-tek may only be used once each battle. Also, every sig-tek should have a trade-off: perhaps it’s a very powerful attack but leaves your character feeling drained a few rounds after, perhaps it requires a specific weapon, or perhaps it’s a dual character sig-tek that must be executed simultaneously with a teammate (if you want to get together and come up with one of these expect big bonuses ;)

This is your chance to be creative; try to pick sig-teks that reflect your character’s personality, and unless they are a total meat-head try to think of something more interesting than “get really mad and punch bad guy very hard.” Just describe the technique to me qualitatively, (e.g: “Crazy Buddha Palm”; if this strike does enough damage it will paralyze the target) and I’ll come up with the numbers.

Last edited by StarflightDream on Fri May 06, 2005 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:13 pm 
Combat

Combat in Earthfall will be diceless. Rather than rolling dice and keeping your fingers crossed, you will “bid” a certain amount of focus and stamina to be used with each attack. Generally speaking, focus dictates whether or not the attack will hit, stamina dictates how much damage the attack will do. Each have fixed regeneration rates, so you will have to pace yourself in battle or risk becoming exhausted.

There are three meters to consider when in combat: Health, Stamina, and Focus. Each meter ranges from 0 to 100.

Health: Your character’s vitality. Having a high Endurance will protect you from a certain amount of damage each round, but after that you begin to lose health. When your health drops to 0, your character is dead. Health can be regained through healing arts and spells, and by sleeping. For each hour of sleep you regenerate your Endurance in health.

Stamina: How much overall energy your character has. For each combat move you use stamina; the more you decide to use the more damage the attack will do if it connects. The most stamina you can use in one attack is equal to twice your Strength. Stamina regenerates at a rate of 2xEnd per round, but your Stamina can never be greater than your Health. When your Stamina drops to 0, your character is unconscious.

Focus: Your character’s neuro-kinetic energy. For each combat move you use focus; the more you decide to use the more likely the attack will hit. The most focus you can use in one attack is equal to your Intelligence plus your Dexterity. Focus regenerates at a rate of 3xWill per round, but your Focus can never be greater than your Stamina. If your Focus drops to 0, your character is in shock.

NOTE: Complete combat rules can be found in the Earthfallpedia. If you want to get into them and tweak your character to perfection go ahead and read them, but that's not really necessary at this point. I will be giving numerous combat tutorials as the game progresses.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:21 pm 
Gifts

Even though the Remnant never succumbed to the awful fate of the Twisted Ones, many among them were changed subtly by the Apocalypse Virus, gaining powerful abilities. Some grouped together under the banner of the Council of Adepts, others preferred to answer to no-one, keeping their powers secret. In addition to an aptitude, a player may choose from one of the seven following gifts, each carrying its own unique benefits, weaknesses, and skill set.

Gift skills are advanced just like regular skills using CP. However, it takes twice the normal CP to advance a gift skill one level. Also, (if this isn’t obvious enough) you can’t advance gift skills outside your own gift; a Pelagian can’t learn Demon-born shadow magic.

Gift Skills

Level 1-4: 2 CP per level
Level 5-7: 4 CP per level
Level 8-9: 6 CP per level
Level 10: 8 CP

Invoker “Channeler” “Adept” “Elementalist”

Called by many names, Invokers posses the ability to channel the elemental forces of nature around them, weaving elements of earth, water, air, fire and spirit together to form powerful spells. Invokers can hold a number of elements by taking them from draw points found where one of the five elements are particularly concentrated, saving them to use at will.

Invokers make up the primary force of the Council of Adepts, each belonging to one of eight schools: one for each of the five basic elements and also the school of thunder, school of light, and school of darkness. Each school specializes in a particular brand of invocation, and guards its secrets from the other seven schools. Regardless of school, invoking is unequivocally the most powerful brand of magic, and the most open-ended. However, it is also more demanding, complex, and difficult to control.

Those who wish to play the part of a Council Invoker must select one of the eight schools. Rogue invokers belonging to no school also exist outside the Council, but these are considered dangerous by the Council and are often hunted down.

If an Invoker directly harms another living creature with his/her powers, they run the risk of going insane from the psychic repercussions.

Invoker Skills

Earth Channeling (Intelligence) – The ability to draw and channel elemental Earth

Water Channeling (Intelligence) – The ability to draw and channel elemental Water

Air Channeling (Intelligence) – The ability to draw and channel elemental Air

Fire Channeling (Intelligence) – The ability to draw and channel elemental Fire

Spirit Channeling (Intelligence) – The ability to draw and channel elemental Spirit

Empath

Empaths focus on the power of the mind, using inherent neural energy to sense and affect the world around them. Although generally not as highly ranked as Invokers, Empaths are widely used by the Council of Adepts.

Empaths have the uncanny ability to read and manipulate the thoughts and emotions of others, and to control matter around them. Empaths have the advantage of not being limited by elements to work their magic, requiring only neural energy regenerated by sleep.

Rogue empaths also exist outside the Council of Adepts, and are also considered dangerous and often hunted down. Like Invokers, if an Empath uses his/her powers to directly harm another living creature, they run the risk of going insane.

Empath Skills

Telekinesis (Intelligence) – The ability to manipulate matter with the power of the mind. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

Telepathy (Charisma) – The ability to read and plant thoughts in another’s mind. Eye contact must be established in most cases. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

ESP (Perception) – Extra Sensory Perception is the empath’s “sixth sense” which allows him/her to divine knowledge about items, enemies, or environments that are not discernable with the other five senses. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

Precognition (Perception) – The ability to see things before they happen. The empathy has little control over this ability but it can prove invaluable when it comes to making difficult choices or evading snares and traps. Each level in precognition also adds a 5% bonus to defense in combat.

Shade

Shades are extremely rare. Their very existence is known only to a few, most believe them a fairy tale told to frighten children.

Those infected with the Shade strain of the Apocalypse virus show no symptoms during their natural life, and most pass on peacefully into the next life. However, sometimes when a Shade dies of unnatural causes or with some unfinished matters in their first life, they reawaken to walk the three moons once more, neither dead but not quite alive.

Although anchored to this world, Shades have a natural affinity to the spirit world, and many can fade between the two at will. Shades do not need to eat or sleep, and they cannot be healed or regenerate health. Instead a Shade will use the power of chakra to drain the life-force from other living creatures through physical contact; an unfortunate necessity.

Shades prefer to walk in shadow, growing extremely weak and losing their powers in direct sunlight. If a Shade is ever discovered by the Council of Adepts, they are normally executed on the spot. Those wishing to play a Shade must include the manner of their character’s death and an anchor (person, event, item) tying them to this plane of existence.

Shady skills

Life Drain (Will) – The only way a shade can regenerate health is by draining it from a living being, preferably a human. Physical contact must be established for this to occur, so a shade must either find a willing victim or take one by surprise. Each chakra point used transfers one health point, more at higher levels.

Spirit Form (Will) – When in spirit form a shade becomes as insubstantial as a ghost and is able to float, pass through walls, ceilings and floors at higher levels. A shade cannot be physically attacked while in spirit form but is twice as susceptible to magic. It takes one full round to change to spirit form, and chakra will be steadily drained each round the shade remains in spirit form. Special abilities are granted at the following levels:
Level 3 – the shade can float off the floor
Level 5 – the shade can pass through physical objects
Level 8 – the shade can travel long distances very quickly while in spirit form

Animate Dead (Will) – With this skill the shade can use chakra to reanimate those who have been recently killed as mindless killing machines. This should only be done in the presence of enemies because the animated dead will go on attacking anything that moves until they are destroyed. The only control the shade has over the animated dead is who they will attack next. For each chakra point the shade uses when reanimating, the target is granted 2 health points (more at higher levels). Animated dead cannot be healed or animated a second time.

Dominate (Will) – With this skill the shade can use chakra to bend the will of other living things to its own. This requires absolute focus on the shades part therefore the shade cannot participate in combat while this is occurring, however the shade can use the dominated victim to attack others. If successful, chakra will be continuously drained for as long as the target is dominated.

Beastwalker

Beastwalkers share an innate connection to the forces of nature, granting them the ability to communicate with animals and even to assume the form of certain beasts, using chakra to fuel their spells.

Every Beastwalker has a totem of three animals that they emulate and share a deep connection to. When creating a Beastwalker you must choose three animals (natural, not mythical) for your totem; one for the base, one for the middle, and one for the top. Each represents an aspect of your character and will have a heavy impact on your abilities, so choose wisely.

Beastwalker Skills

Emulation (Endurance) – With this skill a beastwalker can take on the positive traits of an animal from his/her totem. At lower levels this means assuming the aspect or quality of the animal, at higher levels this means assuming the actual form of the animal. It takes one full turn to morph, and chakra is continuously drained for as long as the beastwalker emulates.

Communication (Perception) – The ability to communicate with creatures of the wild. This skill does not require chakra, but if chakra is used the communication will be much clearer. This is also easier when the animal is part of the beastwalker’s totem.

Summoning (Will) – With this skill the beastwalker can send out a call for help to summon creatures to his/her aid. The more chakra is used, the larger the radius of summoning, and more (or greater) creatures will answer the call.

Bond (Charisma) – Beastwalkers often find an animal (usually from their totem) that becomes their companion, forming a bond between them. With this skill, the connection between the beastwalker and his/her “bond” becomes stronger, allowing the beastwalker and the bond to sense where the other is, communicate more clearly, and even see through each other’s eyes.

Deminephil “Angel”

Deminephilim are a race that possesses the natural ability of flight. They get their name from the large angelic wings on their back, always in pairs of either two or four. For this reason Deminephilim make great scouts and archers, but they cannot regenerate stamina for as long as they are airborne. Flight is also restricted by heavy weapons, armor and equipment.

Deminephilim have a natural resistance to cold, and often choose to live solitary, ascetic lives in the nether regions of Hercules. Deminephilim have also been known to sojourn across the three Moons in search of enlightenment, and many end up joining the Council of Adepts. Within the Council of Adepts Deminephilim are not granted seats in the high council itself, but with their uncanny resemblance to the Nephilim of legend they are often ordained as clerics, conducting elemental Rites for laypeople.

Deminephilim use a unique fusion of elemental and chakral magic; they can draw and hold only one elemental at a time, and depending on what elemental they hold a whole new set of spells using psi points become available. For example; to cast a Fire magic spell a Deminephil must first be holding a fire elemental, then they would use chakra to power the spell.

Deminephil Skills

Earth magic (Intelligence) – Available when holding an Earth elemental. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.
Water magic (Intelligence) - Available when holding a Water elemental. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.
Air magic (Intelligence) - Available when holding an Air elemental. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.
Fire magic (Intelligence) - Available when holding a Fire elemental. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.
Spirit magic (Intelligence) - Available when holding a Spirit elemental. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

Pelagian “Sea-folk”

Pelagians come from the jungle seas of Calliope and the great oceans of Hercules. Even though they are mammals and must surface every so often to breathe, Pelagians are naturally suited to life underwater. Pelagians are always completely hairless. They have large eyes, angular, elven features, and webbed hands and feet that help them to swim.

A Pelagian must constantly keep its skin wet; if it is away from the sea of ocean for too long it will begin to get “Land-sick.” Underwater, however, they are unparalleled, both in their Sea magic and their ability to swim circles around their opponents.

Pelagians are nomadic, wearing simple clothing and never carrying many possessions as they travel with their pods from shore to shore in order to hunt and trade. Underwater Pelagian cities are rumored to exist in the ocean depths of Hercules, but such claims are unsubstantiated and always denied by Pelagian traders.

Pelagian skills

Sea-magic (Intelligence) – Magic using the natural ebb and flow of the sea. Without the presence of a great body of water, this magic is useless. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

Sonar (Perception) – This skill grants the pelagian a kind of “second sight” using sound waves to map his/her surroundings. The more psi points that are used the greater the range the sonar image will have. At level 6 and beyond this skill can also be used to stun an opponent with a directed pulse.

Ocean Aptitude (Dexterity) – This skill is a measure of the Pelagian’s ability to exist underwater. With a high ocean aptitude skill a pelagian can swim faster, stay underwater longer, navigate more easily etc. With a high ocean aptitude skill a Pelagian can also resist land-sickness for longer amounts of time.

Ocean Healing (Charisma) – Healing magic harnessing the ocean’s own rhythms that mirror natural life cycles. The victim must be immersed in ocean water for this magic to be effective. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become more powerful.

Demon-born “Shee-devil”

The Demon-born have an unfortunate resemblance to Oni from old Japanese mythology that make them outcasts in virtually all ‘cultured’ societies. Demon-born are short, generally muscular with red or tan skin, males grow a pair of short horns. Despite their ferocious appearance, Demon-born are typically quite intelligent and have a highly developed society amongst themselves founded on the principles of a warrior’s honor. They are renowned for their bravery against insurmountable odds, and are notoriously difficult to kill.

The Demon-born also possess a unique brand of ‘shadow’ magic that relies on psi points and the balance between light and darkness, weaker than most other types of magic but very effective in the right situation.

Rejected by all others, the Demon-born inhabit the shadowy, mountainous regions of the three moons, congregating in caves and volcanic wastelands under the banner of one of many warring houses. Like Pelagians, the Demon-born have developed their own unique dialect over the years and most find it difficult to communicate with pureblood Remnant.

Demon-born skills

Shadow-magic (Intelligence) – Magic using the presence of shadows and the balance between dark and light. Shadow magic is more subtle and not as overtly powerful as most other kinds of magic. New spells are granted at each level and existing spells become stronger.

Shamanism (Will) – With this skill there is a chance every time the Demon-born uses harmful magic that the psychic repercussion will be diverted onto a nearby spirit and nullified.

Hardiness (Endurance) – Put simply, the art of not dying. Demon-born are notoriously hard to kill, and with this skill a demon-born’s maximum health is increased by 5 each level. Focus and stamina are not affected.

Pureblood “Trueblood” “Remnant” “Untouched”

Most of the surviving remnant have no discernable abilities or symptoms due to the Apocalypse virus: they are untouched. 99% of the surviving population falls into this category. If a player wishes to play a pureblood, he/she may take an additional 5 CP to spend on their initial skills due to the fact that they will have found it easier to fit in with the rest of society during their growing lives.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:26 pm 
Sample Completed Character Sheet

Here is a sample of a completed character sheet to help ya out.

Name: Alec Southart
Homeworld: Calliope

Background: Alec was born in the city of Pearl. Alec’s father died when he was less than a year old in an accident in the emerald mines of Shadowstone, and Alec was raised by his mother alone. Alec was not satisfied with life in Pearl, and set out at a young age with a trade caravan through the jungles of the Great Sea. Midway through the jungle, Alec’s caravan was attacked by raiders from the Blood Fox tribe, and Alec narrowly survived by hiding beneath the exposed roots of a mangrove tree. Not knowing what else to do, Alec followed the Blood Fox warriors back to their camp and waited out of sight until hunger finally got the better of him and he wandered into camp. He was quickly captured, but fortunately for Alec the Blood Fox matriarch took pity on him and he was adopted into the tribe. Alec soon learned the language of the jungle tribes as well as how to hunt, fish, and fight alongside the best of the warriors. But Alec was still not satisfied. When he was 18, Alec took his leave of the Blood Fox tribe and set out northward toward the Rimwatch mesas in search of adventure and a place of belonging.

Physical Description: Alec’s appearance is somewhat contradictory. He is just under six feet tall and has the blue eyes and fair coloring of a mesa dweller, but his red hair is shaved except for a single pony-tail that begins at the top of his scalp and is tied down the back of his head in elaborate braids in Blood Fox fashion. He has the mark of his tribe tattooed over his left eye and cheekbone: a single, red, downward-facing print of a fox.

Weapon/Equipment: Alec carries a light wooden hatchet with a sharpened bone blade. The supple wooden haft is carved in a replica of the Blood Fox totem, and the bone blade has various wards against evil spirits etched into it. The blade is fastened into the haft by glue made from boiled Orguk hooves, and a sturdy length of twine. Alec also carries an ash bow with a set of poison-tipped arrows.

Aptitude: Hunter
Gift: Beastwalker; Totem: Fox, Snake, Hawk

Attributes
Strength: 7
Endurace: 11
Dexterity: 12
Speed: 13 (13 speed/4 = 3.25. Round up to 4 moves per combat round)
Perception: 12
Intelligence: 7 (7x3 + 20 = 41 Character Points)
Will: 10
Charisma: 8

Skills: (41 CP Total)
Axe Level 6 (non-aptitude skill: 16 CP)
Straight Bow Level 5 (aptitude skill: 6 CP)
Sharp Sight Level 3 (aptitude skill: 3 CP)
Wilderness Survival Level 4 (aptitude skill: 4 CP)
Tracking Level 4 (aptitude skill: 4 CP)

Emulation Level 3 (gift skill: 6 CP)
Communication Level 1 (gift skill: 2 CP)

Signature Techniques:

Totem Strike (Axe Level 6): Summoning the speed and cunning of his totem, Alec becomes a blur as he dashes into his target with a low, swift, axe strike intended to cut the target’s legs out from under them. This attack does more damage and is more likely to knock the target down, but it drains chakra.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:38 pm 
...Whew... that's it for now.

Post here if you want me to save ya a spot. After that I'll be waiting for your character pm... no rush, man (or woman). If this fills up fast then I'll ask people to try to get their sheets in in 48 hours, but for now take your time.

Remember, don't worry if that seems like a lot to read, I'll be explaining a lot in game... just look at the sample character sheet for an example of how to make a character. Also, pm me with any questions/ideas.

If I haven't angered the forum gods with my verbosive-ness, there will also be an "Earthfallpedia" thread with the complete combat rules and some other fun stuff about magic, crafting, and the council of adepts. I'll be adding to it over the next week until the game starts.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:03 pm 
Well, of course I'm in. Judging from the ending of the first chapter though, it seems Nephilim, or Enoch, is being relegated to NPC status. I'd actually like to keep playing him, if at all possible, but just in case I guess I'll start working on another character idea now.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:33 pm 
AOL: alkthash
Save me a spot please. I might need some time to work it all out but I promise to have a decent backstory and everything.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:42 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
By all means, count me in - I've been following this RPG for some time and been wanting a chance to jump in.

Save me up, Starry:P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 11:17 pm 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
I'd like to reserve a spot, please. I'll get back once I get through all that info for sure.
By the way, is this your own creation? If so, much kudos.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:48 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
I'm still in, and Ossac will return. I'll recreate him according to the new system but his basic character will be the same.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:00 am 
WLM: [email protected]
save me a spot if im not to late please

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG