Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:17 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2993
OOC: Heh, this is fun...

Having read the codex's offerings on the creature, María places a finger on transparent wall of the enclosure. The three-tentacled-blobby-thing-that-starts-as-a-purplish-color-but-changes-color-as-it-wonts quickly extends a tentacle to the corresponding position on the opposite side of the wall. It changes to a startlingly brilliant copper color and makes a faint burbling noise, which surprises her as it has no obvious organs for producing sound (or doing anything else, for that matter).

María smiles and withdraws the finger. She briefly considers giving a name to the three-tentacled-blobby-thing-that-starts-as-a-purplish-color-but-changes-color-as-it-wonts, but as she lacks the wherewithal to pay for the creature, she decides it best not to get too attached. Instead, she turns and looks around to see what other things might be interesting, with the intention of looking up any such thing in her codex.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Richard walks over to one of the booths and picks up a red and white ball. There's a button on it. When he presses, it opens and a burst of energy flies from it. The energy materializes into a large, yellow rat with bright red cheeks. As Richard attempts to pet it, electricity shoots out of it's cheeks and gives Richard a nasty shock. Richard angrily throws the ball at it, which seems to return it once more inside the ball.

"Hrmph. Who would buy such a thing?"

He moves on to another booth which seems to sell masks and instruments. He picks up a strange, egg-shaped instrument and plays a few bars, when suddenly...
He moves on to another booth which seems to sell masks and instruments. He picks up a strange, egg-shaped instrument and plays a few bars, when suddenly...
He moves on to another booth which seems to sell masks and instruments. He picks up a strange, egg-shaped instrument and plays a few bars, when suddenly...
He moves on to another booth which seems to sell masks and instruments. He picks up a strange, egg-shaped instrument and feels a feeling not entirely unlike déjà vu. He puts the instrument down and carries on.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10981
Cecil wanders amidst the stalls. He notices one that has a globe of some planet he's never seen before - a small globe, gently spinning, and supported by... nothing. There's a sort of framework, in the shape of a C, extending above and below it, but the globe itself is just... hovering.

Next to it, there's some sort of - it looks like an empty glass globe on a small pedestal, but on the inside of the glass, there are words in some alien script. Just... word. Floating, and moving slowly around the ball. There's a soft hum from the ball. Cecil looks closer, and notices that there's a point around the back where the words vanish on side and new words appear out of nowhere on the other.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
Hey, you! a rather irate, bright fushia paisley patia calls after Richard. Stupid Human. You can't just wander off after causing a personal time loop! You'll be looping all day! That's why I put up the sign, you know.

He points to a large sign above the egg-shaped keyed instrument that says in the loopy, pictured text of the patia "Don't Touch! Temporal Fluxer!"

***

You interested? A rather short, white patia with zigzag purple stripes peers as Cecil from the other side of the floating globes. I know that it's an older model, of course, but retro is totally in right now, am I right? Hours of fun, I promise!

He touches the globe and stares into it. The word now floating in the globe pauses, morphs, begins to shine a bright, golden color. Soon, the rough image of a tree appears. The patia blinks and the image distorts, He lets go with a verbal sigh, and the word is once more plain, and floating.

I'm a little out of practice, he says sheepishly.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Before everyone leaves, Jason tries his darnedest to expand his protection over his new allies. That done, starts wandering through the market. He's seen a few like it before on earth, especially around the south pacific, but the lack of the smell of refuse and bodily waste coupled with the dead silence of the place is highly disconcerting. Mostly he just wanders about taking in the ambiance of the place, keeping an eye out for his friends and anything that might be construed as a threat. If something interesting grabs his attention, he'll drift over and take a look.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom, in the meantime, is apparently deep in conversation with a human and a patiae about... farm equipment? Pod-growing? Vats?

You can take a farmer out of the country...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10981
Um.

Cecil wonders briefly what the Patiae use for money, but realises immediately that whatever it is he doesn't have any.

Not just at the moment, thanks, I'm just looking around. he thinks, trying to sound more confident than he feels.

He takes a step back, standing next to another stall - a small glass fishtank contains some sort of orangey tentacled creature (a three-tentacled-blobby-thing-that-starts-as-a-purplish-color-but-changes-color-as-it-wonts, though of course Cecil doesn't recognise it as such) that puts one of its tentacles against the glass and looks up at Cecil soulfully. Cecil looks down at the three-tentacled-blobby-thing-that-starts-as-a-purplish-color-but-changes-color-as-it-wonts, his eyes widening in even more surprise as the three-tentacled-blobby-thing-that-starts-as-a-purplish-color-but-changes-color-as-it-wonts becomes slowly yellower and yellower.

Cecil takes a few more steps backwards, then hurries off to find something else to look at.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
Jason feels a bump as someone runs into him. She's wearing a bright green coat, covered in feathers.

Sorry about -- she begins. Her thoughts abruptly stop. It is the young woman with dark curls. She pulls up the hood of her coat, and sidesteps into the crowd.

***

A hand grabs Maria's arm.

What a LOVELY young thing! Look at you, so precious! An older human, in her 40s, twirls Maria around. What do you think, Fluer?

A light grey patia looks up from a bolt of cloth in her booth. Her concentration gives way to little blips of delight.

Oh, yes, she IS lovely! The patia reaches out and grabs Maria's sleeve. But look at that hideous uniform! Darling, you're at market. NO one comes to market in their work clothes!

Both human and patia titter. The woman looks at Maria's eyes.

She doesn't appear to be Controlled! Lucky girl! The woman says sweetly.

Really? the grey patia comes out from the booth and circles around Maria, looking her up and down. A loyal young woman, still in work clothes, must be industrious. I'm impressed! Reminds me of you, Glory!

Except for the outfit, Glory says with a tsk. Come on, young thing, let us dress you up! It'll be quite fun!

Oh, she's carrying a codex, Fleur says, shaking her head. Must be new to mental freedom. I doubt she has credits.

Oh, come now, Fleur, look at her! her hair's all mussed and she looks like a factory girl! Please, can we make her a project? A --a celebration for her liberation!

Fleur thinks for a moment, a bit of doubt hovering about her.

Well...perhaps if she works at the booth for a bit? Fleur motions behind the booth.

***

Someone calls out to Cecil as he passes by.

Hey! You look REALLY familiar, fella! A gruff voice calls. I'm talkin' to you, human! Yeah, you, the one who moves all careful like through the crowd.

A sickly green patia rises from his seat behind a booth filled to the brim with weaponry. Strangely shaped knives, wands reminiscent of the ones used to attack the group but thicker, guns that are sleek, and molded. There are a few human weapons, as well: a few rapiers, a machine gun, a revolver with a mother of pearl handle

I know I've seen you before...

***

See the thing is, no one wants to try terraforming, even though it's as simple as finding a good moon, getting a dome over it and going to town, says the patia talking to Tom. Everyone thinks the ships are enough, but they're not gonna last us forever. We've got to get our feet on the GROUD so to speak, especially before the humans--

Sst! Come on, George, we don't know this guy, the human says. No offense, of course. But I don't know if your for or against, you know, any human solutions, or what. And being one myself...

Come on, Greg, we know he's good, George says. He look controlled to you? Jeez, you act like any human outside of YOU is some poor, sniveling, brainwashed fella!

Well, it's my history, George! Greg says, crossing his arms. You don't know how hard it was. Not that you want to know, either, stranger. Sorry, what were you saying about hydroponics?

***

Hey, you! a rather irate, bright fushia paisley patia calls after Richard. Stupid Human. You can't just wander off after causing a personal time loop! You'll be looping all day! That's why I put up the sign, you know.

He points to a large sign above the egg-shaped keyed instrument that says in the loopy, picture text of the patia "Don't Touch! Temporal Fluxer!"

The patia squints his eyes.

Waaaaait a second...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Okay, I didn't even touch it that time."
"Okay, I didn't even touch it that time."
"Okay, I didn't even touch it that time."
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Maybe if I..." Richard grabs the thing starts playing again.
"Maybe if I..." Richard grabs the thing starts playing again.
"Maybe if I..." Richard grabs the thing starts playing again.
"Maybe if I..." Richard grabs the thing starts playing again.
"Maybe if I..." Richard grabs the thing starts playing again.
"Mama, where do babies... hey, what's this?"
"I-I-I thhhought maybe you'd like t-to go to- h-hey, what's this in my p-pocket? No! Thhhhat wasn't what I mmmeant!"
"Now, go home, Richard. Regain your lost time!"
Richard tosses the thing to the patia.
"I can't figure it out, but I think I saved Hyrule. Whatever that is."
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"
"Okay, how do we fix this?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:22 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2993
María catches a flash of Jason's surprise at seeing the woman with the dark curls, but isn't certain where he is.

Flustered by Glory and Fleur's abrupt familiarity, María just stares and stutters for a moment. Wanting to be courteous but not knowing the customs, she finds herself dipping into something like a curtsey. It comes out somewhat odd-looking, however, having never curtseyed in her whole life. Thank you for your kindness, she replies, but I don't think I can make a commitment to work the booth. I'm just passing time here in the market until I'm summoned to meet with someone. Having only just met Glory and Fleur, she decides that it would be wise to leave the identities of the people involved in her future meeting behind her mental portcullis. Still, she feels rather awkward having to refuse their hospitality, not to mention their scrutiny of her clothing. She's still somewhat uncomfortable wearing the thing, or to be more accurate, being seen in it.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10981
Cecil turns to face the sickly green Patiae at the weapon stall. It is certainly possible, sir. says Cecil, trying to sound polite and slightly subservient. Does Sir perhaps recall the circumstances under which we previously met? I myself do not appear to recall Sir personally.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:22 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
As soon as he spots her, Jason makes a grab for the young woman. If she manages to dodge him, he'll give chase through the market.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
Gimmie your hand!
Gimmie your hand!
Your hand!

The paisley patia grabs Richard's hand and slams it palm down on a scanner on the instrument.
The paisley patia grabs Richard's hand and slams it palm down on a scanner on the instrument.
The paisley patia grabs Richard's hand and slams it palm down on a scanner on the instrument.

There is a high pitched beep, followed by a spark and a puff of smoke. The patia's eyes widen, then squint at Richard. His grip tightens on Richard's hand.

You have any idea how RARE that was? You owe me 1100 credits!

***

Please, we insist the you join us, Fleur says, taking Maria by the arm and yanking her behind the booth.

You'll be most welcome indeed, Glory says, pulling a rope as she follows Maria and Fleur into the booth. A curtain covers the display. Fleur pauses for a moment and frowns.

She's protected, Glory, she snaps. Quick, get the spray!

Glory rushes to the counter to pick up a tin canister.

***

The sickly green patia mentally frowns at Cecil's reaction.

Cut the sniveling human act, he sneers. I know you're not domesticated. The way you move! Walk! And I remember where I saw you.

The patia picks up a tablet and flips it around so Cecil can see. A video begins to play the news, though every word of the report is lost on Cecil as he recognises the scene: surveillance tape of the battle in the warehouse. Though most of the faces are blurry from distance and space, Cecil and Maria are both clearly seen.

***

The woman evades Jason's grip and dodges into the crowd for a moment before Jason reaches out and grabs her, pulling her close.

"Just who do you think you are?" she hisses. Humans a number of paces away from the two of them raise their heads in surprise of the spoken word.


Last edited by weatherwax on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:38 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10981
Indeed, Sir. I am not... 'domesticated', as you put it. thinks Cecil, maintaining his polite tone of thought. That IS an intriguing device, sir - a television small enough to fit into a pocket. And in colour, too! The technological wonders of your people continue to amaze me, sir.

Cecil takes a closer look at what's actually being displayed on the screen, and his eyes widen. My goodness! Sir is correct - that person does indeed hold a most remarkable similarity to myself! Sir is in possession of both a quick eye and an excellent memory. Is it certain that this event occurred, or does this image technology permit forgery?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Uh, right. Credits.

Then Richard starts screaming with his mind like a child lost in a mall.

Gil! GIL! I need money! I broke something! GIL!

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: