Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:46 pm 
That's pretty much what the real Jason would likely say, yes. But how would the real Jason know what sort of room I'm in? muses Cecil, as he prepares to use the shower.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:57 pm 
You have a habit of listing, categorizing and taking note of everything, it comes across as sort of a background drone of information. It's not hard to piece together a description from that, and what I came up with is remarkably similar to what I'm looking at.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom browses around in the Codex for a period of time, feeling out how it works and such, as well as looking up various pieces of information that he's curious about. Eventually, he sets it aside and goes to investigate the other monitor - the one by the door.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
the monitor blinks on as Maria stares at it. Her mind is inundated with happiness, joy, bright colors. She shakes her head, but the colors and happiness does not stop flowing over her.

On the screen a dozen tiny, lean, colorfully dressed alien children are running around a tall, dark haired human woman.

Nanny, nanny! they cry.

Yes, it's time to play with Nanny! the woman says. Or doesn't say. An eerie smile stretches across her face.

Well, pleased to meet you, Rrrrrrichard rRrrrrroberts, Gil says. he tilts his head.

Oh! Everyone is awake! I am sorry, I need to go!

Gil hurries off from Richard's room. the door remains open.

Every door of every room slides open suddenly.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:59 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Richard steps through the door once he settles his nerves a bit. He can't go through all of this a stammering wreck.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm 
Hang on, the door just opened. I'll talk later if I live.

Jason breaks off contact and walks to the door,ready for a fight. He peeks around the edges to look for anyone else, before stepping out if the coast is clear.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tom eyes the door, and cautiously steps through, looking around curiously.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:34 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
María's eyes widen as she views the screen. At first it's because she can hardly believe the technology she's seeing. The picture is so clear and crisp, and isn't built into a gigantic wooden box. And because, well, she's looking at footage of aliens. But then, watching the children, suddenly the remaining clouds in her brain cleared, and she remembered. A child. There was a kid at that bodega, and he jostled that man who came and talked to me. She could see him clearly in her mind: tall, wearing a grey suit and fedora, soaked by the rain, utterly nondescript, except for the fact someone dressed like that had been out on a night like that and was standing in the middle of a bodega, for crying out loud. He came up to her with a small but friendly smile, called her by name.

Contrary to her usual personality, she found herself shrinking from this man. Something about him set off alarm bells in her head for no obvious reason. "How do you know who I am?" she queried with some unease.

"They sent me to you," he replied cryptically, reaching into the interior of his suit coat. María took a step back, unsure what he was reaching for. Was she being mugged? No way, not in the middle of the bodega. By a man in a soggy suit.

A screaming child ran past her and bumped into the man, pushing him against a display stand, which mercifully did not tip over. A glare from the man sent the kid fleeing, and María felt a strong urge to do the same, but his slight smile returned, and he withdrew his hand from his jacket to present her with a white card. "You will want this," he said.

She took it and eyed it suspiciously. It seemed almost exactly like a business card, with one obvious difference: it was completely blank. Her caution turned to irritation. "What kind of crazy game are you playing with me?" she demanded.

The man's reply took her by surprise. "Oh, you aren't part of the game. All the positions are full. But They still want to bring you with Them. You'll see."

He started to walk away, but María called after him. "What are you talking about? Who's They?"

The man stepped out into the rain, then turned to face her again. His face was serious, with no trace of the smile. He made no reply, but simply pointed upward. Then he stepped out into the street and out of her view. When she ran to the door, he was nowhere to be seen. She looked down at the card in her hand, and noticed something strange.

It was coming apart and crawling up her arm.

STOP! her mind screams, and quite by accident turns off the screen in the process. She doesn't notice, however, but just leans against the wall and pants for a moment. How could I have forgotten that? she marvels. She shivers to recall the sensation of all the little white bits crawling on her, and how the others in the bodega had looked at her like she was crazy. It was running home from that odd experience when she'd been hit by the light. And there was a woman in the light. At least, she thought it was a woman. She wasn't, and isn't, sure. And now she's here.

She desperately wants a shower, if nothing else to wash the sensation of those crawling things away. She disrobes and steps into the shower, but cleans herself hurriedly, as she has no idea if someone is going to come in. After being air-blasted dry (which certainly gave her quite a start), she reluctantly puts the same clothes back on, not seeing anything else she could wear.

The door slides open, giving her yet another start. This place is going to give me a heart attack. She has no idea where it leads, but she knows she doesn't want to spend her life in a 10' x 10' cell. She looks around to see if there's anything worth taking with her. The only portable thing she can see is a rectangular object on the table. She picks it up and accidentally triggers it. "Codex," she reads after a moment, but doesn't take time to investigate it right now. On the way out the door, the small glowing monitor next to the door catches her eye, and she takes a moment to examine it before heading out.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:02 am 
When the door opens, Cecil suddenly abandons his plan to use the shower, and instead puts the clothes back on.

Leaving the Codex on the table, he walks quickly, and utterly silently, towards the door and peers cautiously outside.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:59 am 
WLM: [email protected]
The door monitor does nothing when Maria peers at it.

Beyond the doors is a hallway, lined with, well, doors. Much like a hotel hallway. There are 20 doors in this hallway, 10 on each side. The Marked were grouped on one end of the hallway, and as they step out or peer out of their rooms, they can see each other. Gil stands at the elevator, smiling at them. Well, giving the impression that he is smiling at them, anyway, being mouthless and all. Mental smiles.

Hello, everyone, he says. I hope you feel rested! If you will follow me to the canteen, please, we can give you some nourishment and give you some explanations. I am sure you are ready for both. This way, please!

He walks into the elevator, and looks back, waiting for the others to follow.

<--- To more rooms. At the end of hallway, another elevator
******************************************************************************************* elevator

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 am 
Cecil recognises two of the other people immediately. "Jason." he says, acknowledging the man's presence; and "Richard." he adds, cautiously.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 am 
AOL: [email protected]
"Uh... Cecil, right? Sorry, minds still recuperating." Richard strides toward the elevator.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:53 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
María emerges from her room and sees two men on either side of her. "Uh, hello," she says. "I'm María." Feeling slightly self-conscious, she clutches the codex to her chest and crossing her arms over it. Having heard the summons from the alien, she follows the other two men.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:25 pm 
Tom eyes the others, then the alien down the hall... then finally shrugs.

"Mornin' everyone." He heads for the elevator.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 pm 
Jason immedialy probes at Richard with his mind, searching for any sign of control, and ready to pounce if he does. When he comes up clean however, he offers him a handshake.

"Richard, glad to see you managed to get free. It's good to see a familiar face."

He heads toward the elevator and falls in next to Cecil.

"Cecil, good to see you again in person."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG