Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Of course!" Shamus replies to Sig, "The group could use a cat! Or anyone that can shoot lasers from her eyes, really. Of course, gods know what the demon lady can do." The prince gives a princely smile in Elaine's direction.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
"Oh, you know, your typical bardic skills," Elaine says, playing with the glass in her hands. "Various battle spells. Some support spells. Can't really do healing, for some reason. Always turns out very, uh, wrong for lack of a better word. Oh, and I can do this!"

She glows. Her eyes grow black. Her hair raises a bit, and she is singing silently. There's a sound like a draft of air suddenly being sucked into a vacuum. A lute appears above Dean of Glitterkind and floats a minute before falling on his head. Elaine immediately stops glowing, and her eyes clear.

"Oh, I knew I was a little rusty!" she says, hopping off her stool and running to the stage. "Amducias! Ducy, my baby!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:18 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
Bruce downs another beer. "So, king dude, what're we doing?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:28 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Well, we can start off with something easy," says Shamus, "I'm having trouble with gremlins in the forest north of here. They keep raiding villages and caravans. This normaly would be dealt with by my forces, but they seem to have some sort of powerful mojo unseen with the likes of tribals before. Now, the main objective here is to get the gremlins' secret weapon or whatnot. I don't really care if you get it peacefully or violently. But if you leave them alive, I'd be ever so happy for you to convince them to join the empire. Hm... am I forgetting anything, Ron?"

"Here's a map showing the major gremlin encampment," Ron hands Bruce the map, "Just take the road north out of town. On the way is a stable if you need horses and an armory if you need armor or weapons."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
"Gremlins?" Bruce looks over at Killthrust. "Didn't we do a concert for the gremlin tribes last year?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:29 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
Killthrust looks like he is trying to remember, then speaks up.

"Yeah Bruce, but they, like, totally didn't give us everything that was on the rider. Like, I remember you were pretty pissed off because they didn't remove the red M&Ms that were in that bowl in the green room. It was totally amateur hour up there.

"Bastards."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:41 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
Bruce scowls. "Red ones? I HATE the red ones."

He thumps the bar with a fist. "Did we kick their asses?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:03 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"We played the show. Because you said we're professionals?"

Killthrust sits back down. Remembering is hard and he has a bunch of other stuff he wants to not remember at the same time. It's confusing.

"But you said 'next time the little green [feedback] can go [feedback] themselves.' And we made sure to burn down the stage during the encore. It was pretty sweet."

Killthrust glares over his shoulder at the band again.

"You still suck! Stop sucking, before I... er... play better music than you!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:03 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
Bruce is momentarily distracted by heckling dwarves. "I've heard elves harder than you guys!"

After a bit, he snaps back to gremlins. "Oh yeah, [feedback] those guys." Then he grins, and throws up horns. "Hey, we're not booked right now. We can totally go back and kick their [feedback]s!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:14 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"Bruce that is such a metal idea that I feel the urgent and unresistable urge to play some [feedback] music right now."

Killthrust grabs someone's drink. The vampire-dude's this time. He downs it, grimaces, and launches the mug at the dwarf bassist. It misses.

Killthrust growls something orcish and mounts the stage. He kick's the dwarf with the bass in the groin, grabs the bass, and stomps on the foot of the dwarf singer. He points to himself with a thumb.

"I'm Killthrust."

He points.

"He's Bruce."

He adjusts the strap on the bass so it will hang properly.

"And these guys suck."

Killthrust turns and glares at the dwarfs, who are probably pretty pissed off right now. But [feedback] them, he plays for Thrashhead. Killthrust bends over his bass and launches into the driving, powerful bass intro to "I Stand Triumphant And Yet I Weep (Crybaby Soldier)."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:12 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
Elaine whoos a mighty whooo and throws up the devil's horns (in hand form, of course).

"That's right! Thrashhead is [feedback] back! HA!"

She strokes Amducias and smiles toothily at Shamus.

"Listen, I have no beef with the Gremlins. Good people. Interesting sound. And I have no real reason to join this quest besides having my say with an uppity Butler. But something tells me you're gonna prod my guys into doing stupid stuff. So, I'll go with them if I need to. My girl can watch the shop. But let me tell you princeling --" a black aura does the opposite of shining around her body. "You mess with us, and some other princeling is suddenly ruling the region. Got it?"

Her eyes flash fire for a moment, before she hops off her stool and bounces to the music.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:02 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
"Hey, cool. A concert."

Bruce downs a beer (at this point, does it really even matter whose it was?), grabs his new lute, and slings it over his shoulder. "I don't know if you sing, Laney, but you better get up here. We need a female vocalist."

With that, he steps onto stage behind Killthrust, fingers poised over the strings, waiting for the bassist to finish his big open. As the bass slips into keeping a beat, Bruce breaks in his new instrument with the wailing guitar opening of Crybaby Soldier.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10983
Dave decides that he needs to do something, if he's part of the band now. He's been practicing on a guitar, but even he has to admit that the sounds he gets out of a guitar would not help at all and he'd get thrown right out if he tried. Not that he even has a guitar, but...

Hey, they liked the dragon before.

Dave takes hold of his amulet, and concentrates. The shadows at the back of the stage swirl and gather into the shape of a huge, dark dragon; wings outspread over the group, glaring out at the bar patrons from eyes of pure, deep, blackness.

Now all I need to do is maintain it.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
In the heat of the moment, Laney jumps up on stage, lute strung to her back, and begins to sing, a dark halo surrounding her body. She ain't elf good, but she's still good.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: