Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 pm 
Stocky laughs heartily, "Typical, you complain when I do something, then when I stop, you turn around and complain that I don't do it."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:10 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Pretty moves under a spire.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:30 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
"Cute," the Lady says to Stocky, rolling her eyes. She slaps the tile, then jumps under the overhang.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:50 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Warbeard wrote:
"Ooh, I just had a nasty thought, what if one of these tiles closes that door?" Stocky asks rhetorically, pointing the way they came in.

Rhetorical as the question might have been, Ginger answers anyway: "I think I wouldn't be too heartbroken over being cut off from a room full of lava. I'll stay here until I either know what all the tiles do, or have reason to believe I'd be safer out there than here." Still, the comment gives her pause, and she carefully looks around her to search for places doors might come from, or other devices or traps.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:27 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ginger doesn't seem to see any hints of a door or gate that might close on the entrance to the lava room. Meanwhile, the next lava fall (the fourth one) fades away, even as the third one starts up again.

However, this time, the symbol on the grey stone is blinking.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:55 am 
"That can't be good," Stocky says as the sigil begins blinking. "I think we might want to hurry."
He starts moving toward the temple steps, though he'll avoid touching the last grey tile, and glancing around to see if anything else is changing in the room.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 am 
"Agreed."

The lady hurries to the temple as well, careful not to touch the last grey tile.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:31 am 
Gathering from careful observation, Pretty presses the third grey tile, which should turn off the second lava drip. He then presses grey four to turn the third lava drip off. Then five to turn off drip four. If this all works out, he'll stride confidently (avoiding the last tile, of course) to the temple. "Pretty easy." Pun well intended.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 pm 
"You idiot, Pretty!" the Lady snaps from the temple opening. "You hit the flashing tile!"

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:45 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Unfortunately, things just aren't that easy. The Lady and Stocky get to the safety of the temple, even as Pretty moves in between the third and the fourth spire. A sudden chime fills the air as the flashing tile flares... and the ceiling falls down again.

Pretty has juuuuust enough time to make it underneath the fourth spire, which creaks and groans underneath the weight of the lava. Aside from being singed and scorched a bit, Pretty is safe. As before, the lava sloughs off of the pathway... however, the lava is even closer to the pathway now, enough so that it may overtake the path should the ceiling fail again. The room is also notably hotter - beads of sweat begin forming on your foreheads.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:52 pm 
"No, that's the f*** f*** F*** F*** F*****************!" Pretty exclaims as he realizes his mistake. "Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-kay! I am in full agreement with Lady that I'm an idiot."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:18 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
Ginger turns to the others near her and says, "Okay, I'm convinced. If another mistake happens, I bet this hallway will get flooded with lava. I don't want to be standing here if that happens, so I'm going in. Come with me if you want. Let me tell you what I intend to do." She ticks the steps off on her fingers:

1. Hit the FIRST tile, stopping the first lava flow.
  2. Allow the lava to slough off the path and cool, then carefully step past it and the second tile without touching either.
  3. Stand under the second spire, then call others to join me. Any who can stand under the spire with me without stepping on the button or jostling others will do so.
  4. Hit the THIRD tile, stopping the second lava flow and starting the first.
  5. Let the lava cool, then carefully step past it, stand under the third spire, and call the others over.
  6. Hit the FOURTH tile, stopping the third lava flow and starting the second.
  7. Step carefully past the cooled lava flows and last two tiles and into the temple.
"The only problem is that I don't know if any of the previous tiles we hit will start up the final lava flow again. If it does start up again, I expect the fifth tile will be inactive, not blinking. In that case, I intend to press it and hopefully stop the final lava flow. Does anybody want to come with me? And does anyone see anything wrong with this plan, other than the whole 'walking through a room of lava' thing? I want to be certain about what I'm doing so I don't do something that will get all of us killed."

Ginger peers into the room to try to confirm whether or not it is still configured as she expects: all lava flows except the last active, fifth tile still blinking.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:44 pm 
"Walking into a room full of lava is wrong enough." says Enver, from the back of the group. Well in the back (and he's trying to see if the corridor slopes towards or away from the room; if lava flows out the door, will he be running uphill or downhill to get away?) "Look, just let them in there have a look around and see what's to be seen, alright? We don't all have to join them, especially since we don't know if there's another way out of there or not. If that fourth flow starts up again, then anyone in there is stuck in there and can't get out; as long as it's off, they can come back to between three and four and we can let them out again."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:52 pm 
Stocky examines the temple entrance and attempts to peer inside without actually entering the temple.

"Think we'd be ok to look around?" he asks the Lady. "Or would us going inside trap the others outside? Ugh, this place is making me crazy, we're dead, so how many new ways can we die."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:29 pm 
"I say we look around," the Lady says. "But carefully. I don't want to make the others any more dead than they are."

"Hurry up!" the lady calls to the others, before carefully examining the temple with Stocky.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG