Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:52 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Tom sighs. "No, that's us. Just lower us down. We can fight our way through."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:21 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"Make an orbit, first. I want to use this thing!"

Ray leans over into the cabin of the helicopter and points at the figures attacking the farmhouse.

"Bad guys?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Looks to be that way," answers Tom. "Those are the bad guys, right Kajin?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
Offline
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:28 pm
Posts: 866
Sam leans out of the door to look below, but waits to see what Ray does before casting any spells.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:03 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
A huge grin spreads across Ray's face under the tinted visor of the gunner's helmet.

"Sweet. Bad guys."

Ray thumbs the triggers of the door gun. The sound is deafening.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
As the Huey circles around, those inside can see that the farmhouse, (a two story affair made of stone with a crenellated roof) is being mobbed by a large group of 100 or so medium sized greenish humanoids. The farmers on the roof seem to be doing a fairly good job of keeping them at bay using bows, but several ladders can be seen being brought forward by the attackers.

All combat stops as everyone turns to stare at the helicopter as it passes. Until Ray opens up with the 7.62 Gatling mounted in the door. Then pandemonium breaks out. The farmers duck behind the crenelations on the roof, and the attackers, now recognisable as hobgoblins, drop the ladders and run for the cover of the forest, across several hundred meters of open farmland, as the odd archer among them looses an arrow back towards the helicopter, which is knocked away harmlessly by the down-blast of the rotor.

Ray manages to hit twelve hobgoblins with the door-gun, but only ten have dropped, the other two are still making their way towards the woods, with assistance from their comrades,

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:05 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"YEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

Ray shifts fire to cut down the fleeing hobgoblins, and maybe some trees, too, if he can. Because hey, why not?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm 
Offline
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:28 pm
Posts: 866
Sam leans out and throws a fireball spell aimed to land near the forest edge to catch the lead hobgoblins and cut off the escape of the slower ones.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8746
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Leaning slightly out the window to give himself a better view, Kajin waves the staff he has been carrying in the direction of the battlefield while muttering something under his breath. Next thing you know, the 10 hobgoblins that the gunner killed lurch to life and make for grabs at the ankles of the nearest fleeing creatures.

After he finishes casting the spell, Kajin leaps out of the chopper and falls toward the roof of the building where the farmers are holed up, a levitation spell slowing his movement as he falls.

"Are you folks alright? I'm here to help," Kajin grins widely as he makes heroic small talk.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:40 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
When Kajin jumps, so does Lenore. She doesn't have a levitation spell, of course, but she does make remarkable accidental use of her tattered dress as a bit of a parachute. It's a good thing she doesn't need her organs, 'cause they're probably not surviving the landing.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:23 am 
Offline
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 3:28 pm
Posts: 866
Sam sighs and tosses a feather fall spell on Lenore as she exits the helicopter. The fall won't kill her, but if her bones shatter from the impact she won't be much use either. He then casts flight spells on himself and Tom, (I'm assuming Sara doesn't need one) and steps out into the air to survey the carnage.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:06 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
When Tom notices he's floating, he tells Sara, "That time of the month again, eh? Downfall of knowing a fairy: the magical dust looses it's charm." He flies down to the barn, stands there and looks at it intently. He tells Sam, "After surveying the scene thoroughly, I've concluded one unescapable fact: This is a barn." He flies up to the roof. "You. Farmers, I presume. Lucky we came along. Starvation would've gotten to you before the little buggers did. Is there anyone inside? More importantly, are there any females inside?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:43 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
Lenore, confused as to why she has not landed yet, tries to fall faster. This mostly consists of her unsuccessfully trying to run in the air.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Sam's fireball does indeed catch the lead hobgoblins, turning all six of them into flailing torches. It also has the not so awesome side effect of starting off a number of small fires amongst the crops and the underbrush of the forest. The rest flee around the outside of the blast radius.

Kajin's spell goes off without a hitch, but only four rise up to attack their former comrades. The others are apparently still bleeding out.

Ray cuts down another 13 of the retreating hobgoblins as the pilot brings the 'chopper low to the ground in a hover to give him a better angle. No trees are felled, but a large number of branches are pruned.

Sara makes the universal "up yours" gesture at Tom's retreating back.

The farmers welcome Kajin and Tom with relief. "It's a good thing you got here when you did Master Kajin. I don't think we could have held out for long if they'd managed to gain the roof. Hobgoblins are almost worse then orcs, better organised you know."

The farmer turns to Tom. "Thank the gods, no, me and my sons are the only ones here. My wife and daughter had been off to market with my youngest son an hour when the green skinned bastards attacked. They'll be spending the night in town, where it's safe. Now if you'll excuse me, we'd best be putting out those fires before they spread. Winston, get the door."

The only damage Sam sees are the fires he started with his fireball.

Lenore, meanwhile, is buffeted by the rotor wash and spun wildly into the sky like some kind of undead Mary Poppins. She eventually lands about 20 yards away from the house.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Great..." Tom says with feigned enthusiasm. "Alright, back to the whirly... birdy... thing. Hey, that's not half bad! Whirlybird. Back to the whirlybird, everybody!"

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: