Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:03 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
"Well, seeing as four of the blocks are destroyed and the other two disabled, I don't know as there would be harm," Ginger muses. "Although do we want it in the same direction or the opposite one? Personally, I'd vote for the opposite one. Maybe it will open a way out for us."

She bends down and takes a large broken chunk from one of the destroyed spider, then carefully picks up one of the broken legs from the floor. Wrapping her hand in the corner of her shirt, she attempts to use the leg and chunk as a stylus and tablet. "Maybe I can use this to record the runes we've seen," she says. "I doubt we're going to be able to memorize them." She then holds up the chunk to see if she was able to make a scratch in it.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
She is indeed able to make a scratch on it - a white line appears when she tries. However, the obsidian's broken edges are sharp, which does it a bit hard to carry. Still possible though.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:59 pm 
Noting the somewhat bedraggled state of her lower pant legs (thanks to the spiders), Ginger tears strips off below the knee and uses the cloth to wrap the edges of her "tablet," with the aim of providing some measure of protection from the sharp edges. She gives her "stylus" the same treatment. She then spends a couple of minutes recording the runes seen thus far, and shorthand notes regarding what they are thought to mean.

She goes to The Lady. "Given the wound on your hip, I don't think we should make you climb up there. I'll do it." Ginger scrambles on top of the block, then looks down to The Lady again. "What if we are compelled to run again? It doesn't seem like you'll be up to it."

Ginger remains perched on the block, awaiting a consensus on which direction to pull the lever:

Same way: 0
Opposite way: 2 (Ginger, The Lady)
Don't pull it: 0

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:01 am 
AOL: [email protected]
"Hey, if the first one was spiders, then the opposite one has to be an escape. Pull it the opposite way!"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:15 am 
"If you can make marks," points out Enver, "then you can copy the runes. The rune on those spiders appears to be what powered their movement. So, if we put that same rune on something else, it may become animated." He glances down at his hands. "I'm sure I'm healing faster than normal. Maybe it's a side effect of being dead?"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"You can certainly try. Solving a puzzle seems to help us progress."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:10 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
"Hmmm, maybe it is the solving of the riddles that gets us out of the rooms rather than just making the right movements," the woman muttered. "Which of course means that this place is sentient. Not at all a horrifying thought."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:58 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
One of the de-legged spiders twitches around as there's a rather loud bang from the other side of the door.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:16 am 
"That's either a really big spider or that ape thing again." says Enver. Taking off his shirt, he wraps it about a loose spider leg to handle it without cutting himself; and, in a spirit of experimentation, adds a random line to the rune on one of the de-legged spiders.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:31 am 
The Lady jumps at the bang.

"It may be a person," she says. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 pm 
Ginger looks with alarm at the door. "I think we'd better expedite things." She pushes the lever in the direction opposite the one that The Lady did.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:37 pm 
The obsidian door grinds back up. There's no immediate sign of whatever it was that caused the earlier bang, however.

The moment that Enver adds the line to the de-legged spider, scratching it in over it's rune, the rune flickers and dies out, causing the twitching spider to suddenly stop moving.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:26 pm 
"Well, that doesn't really help, does it?" The Lady grumbled. "We'll just be wandering around until some strange, awful thing overtakes us again! Argh, it looks like we should be studying Labarynth-ese, then!"

She walks up to the stone and mulls it over.

(OOC: I'm basically mulling it over out here IRL as well. Not really looking for anything I haven't already seen.)

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:32 am 
"Hrmmm." murmurs Enver, looking at the now-motionless spider. He flips it over and tries, very carefully, to reproduce the original rune on the other side of the spider, to see if that is enough to reanimate it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 am 
When Enver draws the sigil, there's a bare flicker of life as for a brief instant, the same glow, albeit extremely dim, appears. However, it rapidly dissipates, leaving the spider giving out only the barest of twitches.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG