Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Post subject: The Well - King Nothing
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:25 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Pain oh ----... and then nothing. You float in a space of nothingness. There's no bright light at the end of the tunnel, no warm welcoming hand, no pearly gates, no fiery hell.

There's only a woman. A beautiful woman, in a white dress, with long black hair. You try to speak, to ask her a question... but you have no voice. In a dreamy voice, the woman begins speaking...

"A long, long time ago... just a bit ago, you know? In a place that's far away..." She disappears, and just behind your ear you hear, "no, in a place right behind you." She appears just in front of you. "I went there and came back. Yes. Even now, I'm still there." Again you try to speak. She looks at you and laughs... and the laugh is not quite sane. "What sort of place was it? You want to ask me, don't you? You want me to tell you? It's a wonderful place, the Well is." Her eyes glint with madness as she caresses your cheek. "Full of darkness, war, pain, filled with death and decay. Tortured, tormented, never given rest, driven to death, then brought back to life, again, and again, and again. Why do you think I broke like I did? Taken apart, taken to pieces, half of me joining, half of me... fading."

She shudders, and suddenly she stares at you. No, she stares into you, the inner you, the soul you. And suddenly she seems all too sane as she grabs a hold of your shirt desperately. "I cannot hold on much longer. Before I become me, or me becomes I. This is the last time. Just... one... last... try." Her eyes fill with pain and despair.

"One... last... try.
Help me. Please.
KILL ME. LET ME DIE."

There's a strange sensation as she vanishes from sight, almost as if the darkness... rips her away, and then suddenly you can feel again. You can move again. Yet there's nothing you can do but float in nothing. After a while, you feel your sanity slipping away. You try talking to yourself, but you still hear no voice. You try mind games to keep yourself occupied. You try contorting yourself into odd positions for amusement. But ultimately, eventually, you just have to scream. You have no voice, but still... you really, simply, truly, must... scream.

And that's how you wake up. On the floor, rising up. Screaming.

----

"Bloody hell!" A man with a goatee and long hair jerks away from a statue that he'd just been examining even as he tucks something into his back pocket.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 am 
AOL: [email protected]
"GAH!" The Stranger wakes up with a jolt. A rather tall, handsome man, The Stranger looks about. Looking for something. Someone. The woman.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:53 am 
WLM: [email protected]
It stopped screaming. It gasped, and with small, trembling hands explored it's body. Thick hips running into the soft curve of a waist. Small breasts. SHE then.

Long neck, pointed chin, low cheekbones, long face, long, humped nose that stuck out farther than she anticipated. Somehow, deep down, she was annoyed by this. Eyes, small or large she couldn't tell. Average ears. All topped with a mop of dense, wavy curls that hit her at her chin. She pulled her hair in front of her eyes. Black. She looked at her hands. Small olive hands with long fingers, left hand strangely callused at the fingertips.

She stands up slowly and looks around.

"Um..." she says, voice low. "Um. Where...is this?"

She looks at the goateed man. At the other strangers around her.

"Who...what's going on. Please?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:11 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
"Nnng. You said it."

Another stranger rubs his head and shakes it to clear the last of the dream? Vision? Out of his head. He is less tall, and heavier than the handsome man, with a face like a pugilist and a thick torso and arms. He puts one hand on the floor and stands up with a grunt.

"Who the hell are you three? For that matter, who the hell am I?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
A young man, or rather, a boy on the edge of manhood wakes up screaming. He rises to his knees, fists clenched and pressed into his eyes. He gasps, drawing a shaky breath, before bursting into tears.

The boy is thin, very thin. His skin is pale and blotched with red. His hair is light brown, and his red rimmed eyes might also be brown. His cheekbones are pronounceds, and his bones show through the skin on his wrists.

Still weeping, the boy looks around, and noticing the others, quickly stands, wiping the sticky moisture and his tears from his face with his sleeve. He looks at the men, and the women, moving backwards so that he can keep them all in sight. Sobs escape his tightly clenched lips, but he does not speak.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 am 
The big man holds out a hand, his right, palm towards the boy.

"It's all right, lad. She isn't here."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am 
"On that note, where is here?" The Stranger looks about more closely to get a good idea where they are.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:44 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The boys nods, a tightly controlled motion, but doesn't approach the man.

He reacts a bit more to the second man's words, looking around with quick darting motions of his head, so as to keep the others in sight.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:45 am 
The woman with curls reels back, surprised at the blotchy boy's outburst. She folds her arms, rubbing them uncomfortably, and relaxes when the boy gains control. She glances between the men who spoke.

"Pretty, Stocky, Spotty and Mr. Goat," she says under her breath. "HA!"

The laugh is louder than she expected.

"Haaah. Sorry, I don't know what came over me. Must be the strangeness of..."

She paused and put a hand over her mouth. Her voice was low, and had a lilt that was obviously different from the men who spoke.

"...this is so very strange," she says, glancing around nervously. "I'm not really sure how to feel at the moment."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:52 am 
The Stranger gives an amused glance at The Female. He then stands up and faces The Goat. "You appear to have a knowing fear in your face. Where are we?"

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:56 am 
"Irritated. But I have a temper. I think I have a temper. I am more pressed by the 'who am I' then the 'who are you' or the 'where are we'. I might not know you. I might not know where here is. I should know who I am."

The stocky man paces, brow furrowed angrily. He keeps an eye on the boy, and will check himself if t looks like the lad is rabbitting again.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:08 pm 
"That's a good point, Stocky. Er." the woman shrugs. "Sorry. Sir. Goodness, I feel so light! And I feel like that's not really how I SHOULD feel. Not knowing who I am is a good thing? Very strange."

She smiles loosely at the others, her eyes a little too bright.

"So. Who else is most assuredly dead? I am fairly sure I'm dead."

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
The boy nods at that.

He keeps his eyes on the handsome man, and the woman. The stocky man, self professed temper and all, doesn't worry him as much as the other two.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:19 pm 
Stocky stops and frowns. He nods slowly.

"Ye-es... definitely dead. Otherwise alright."

He opens and closes his big fists and looks at them.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:32 pm 
"Huh. Dead." She looks around. Peers at the statue by Mr. Goat. Is suddenly irritable. "THIS is death? Tacky pants, unfortunate shoes and an overdramatic crazy woman begging for her own death?"

She looks around.

"Everyone else saw the woman, yes? Am I the only one who was bombarded with silly turns of phrase about torture and wells and other sorts of nonsense?"

She looks at Mr. Goat.

"I agree with Pretty. YOU weren't screaming bloody murder like the rest of us. Do you have the slightest idea what's going on?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG