Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:18 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
With a flick of the wrist and another click, the fire around Mr. Goat gutters out.

"If you prick me, do I not bleed? If you tickle me, do I not laugh? If you poison me, do I not die."

He looks pointedly at Stocky and the Kid.

"If you wrong me, shall I not revenge?"

He pauses for a moment.

"Always good to know I've made my point." He holds the diamond crystal into the air, peering into the jewels depths. "I'm not too bad a guy, you know. I ended up here just like all of you. All I ever wished is to get out of this hellhole..."

With a howl, what looks like a portal opens up right next to him. The air in the room is sucked toward it, hard enough that everyone has to struggle to keep their footing. Mr. Goat, on the other hand, isn't so fortunate. A strange, twisted black arm comes out of it, with grasping claws. Mr. Goat turns to face the portal not with surprise, but rather a resigned look on his face. "Ahh... irony."

*snag*

"Bloody hell."

*yoink*

*ziiiiiiiiiiip*

The portal vanishes. The diamond star falls to the ground with a twinkle.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:24 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Pretty looks at where the Goat just disappeared. "Uh... kind words and admiration are good enough for me. One of you guys can have it."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:59 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
"Stupid, goaty man."

The lady shakes her head.

"Let the kid have it. THAT kid," she says, pointing to the original. "You helped solve the riddle. Anyway you're quiet enough. Probably won't be speaking out of turn and making rash wishes."

She looks at the newcomers.

"Oh, yes, when we go through the various puzzle rooms, at the end there's a statue that points to apparently magical items that supposedly help us on our journey. And now I think you know as much as the rest of us. We woke up here screaming about an half an hour before you two."

She cocks her head.

"Well, it feels like half an hour. For all I know it's been a day."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:22 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"It grants wishes. In the original sense. That of what you get is what you say, not what you wish."

The kid picks up the gem, before moving once more to stand by Beefy. He doesn't look at the newcomers, though when the Lady had told him he should have the gem, he'd smiled and looked at her feet, instead of a couple of feet away from her.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
And there's that passageway again... or is it? It's on the other side of the room, and the tiles on the floor look different - a faint, reddish color.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:48 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"I'd offer ladies first, but we might be plunging head first into danger. Shall we?" Pretty follows the reddish brick road.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:09 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
"Let us go, boy. You have been doing so well! You make me feel as if you should remind me of someone, but I do not know who, or why."

Beefy claps the Boy on the shoulder, gently and then follows the man with the distinctive nose down the path.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:43 pm 
"All right, I suppose we should follow along," the lady says. "Come on, Ginger. Uh. New Kid."

She walked after the men, waving the teens along.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 pm 
New Kid stands up, and for the first time it's noticeable that he's a little taller than average - about as tall as Beefy, but not nearly as heavily built.

"Um," he says as he heads for the passage, "well then. I'm -"

He stops suddenly, and looks vaguely panicked. "I - I don't remember who I am! Ek het heeltemaal vergeet!"

Last edited by CCC on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:28 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
"None of us do, from the sound of it," Ginger replies, choosing to let the strange words pass. "The others have been calling me Ginger,"--she absently rakes her fingers through her locks--"which I suppose is fine with me. Maybe you'd like to pick a name out for yourself. If another 'kid' shows up, I wouldn't want to have to call them 'New New Kid.'"

Her eyes become distant as they walk, thinking. "If that gem really does grant wishes, I would suggest we consider having it whisk us back to where we all came from. But if we did, we'd have to word it carefully, seeing as how the Goat Man seemed to have triggered it by accident." She puts a hand to her forehead. "I can't remember. My skull feels like it's stuffed full of lint. For all we know, wherever we came from is worse than here."

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:26 am 
Aside from the reddish stone floor, the hallway itself is pretty unremarkable. There's no decorations on the walls, just much of the same red stone. The light in the hallway is strange - it seems to come from everywhere and nowhere at once, leaving the party with no shadows at all. The hallway is straight enough that you can easily follow it off into the distance... which is rather far away. So far, in fact, you don't see an end to the hallway. It just keeps going and going and going and going, straight ahead.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:40 am 
"Under the circumstances," offers New Kid, "it might be worth considering wishing our memories back. No shadows. Interesting. Do you see that?"

He puts his hands over his eyes, to see if he can create a small amount of shadow that way.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:42 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Think of the gem as a malicious fairy."

The kid doesn't look at the new kid as he speaks. He follows the big man closely.

"For use when the alternative is the complete and utter certainty of death."

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:29 pm 
"Besides, I think I'm fine without my memories," the Lady says, running a hand over the red stone wall. "I am not quite sure I wish to see what brought me here just yet."

Post Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 pm 
No matter what he seems to do, New Kid just can't seem to generate a shadow. The Lady walks along, running her hand along the wall... until quite suddenly, there's no wall there. Upon closer inspection, there's an opening in the wall, but due to the sameness of the stone and the design of its' bricks, plus the lack of shadows, it was hard to see the opening.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 118 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG