Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:17 pm 
Offline
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 6:45 pm
Posts: 1934
Website: http://www.myspace.com/jonbonthebionicbard
WLM: jonthechaosman@msn.com
Location: Yeah....So????
If ya'll had just listened to me the first day...but nooooo...killed me off. lol Unless I have it all wrong and Richard wasn't the original controlled.


I'm up for another shot if someones running a new one tho. Love this game. Really get's the imagination running.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Oh, no. You were right. First Controlled was yours truly. I'm actually rather proud of myself. I usually die first or get rooted out as the killer. Then I realized that killing teammates for the greater good is a fantastic strategy! I feel like Ender should've felt at the end of Ender's Game. On Chapter 14. The final chapter. Of the only book. :oasis:

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:09 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8658
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
chaosman wrote:
I'm up for another shot if someones running a new one tho. Love this game. Really get's the imagination running.


I'll be hosting the next one. You're welcome to join if you don't mind cyberpunk. I'll be posting the recruitment thread once this game has come full circle and ended.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Kajin wrote:
The setting is right here in the boards in cyber punk based virtual reality. Kajin, the God Emperor of Partying, is hosting a murder mystery type shindig down in FRPG. Per his request, because he's just that awesome, the mods have given one of the attending players god-like mod powers for the duration of the party. The other attending players must figure out which of the players has become a temporary mod before everyone is banned.

Sound like fun?

Kajin sounds a lot like Cyrus. I'm in.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10884
I'm definately up for that, Kajin.

weatherwax wrote:
Also, I am still considering expanding Invasion! into a more standard RPG. IN SPAAAAACE. If anyone is interested in battling an alien civilization in bloody revolution, let me know and I can make some real plans.


Can I play Cecil in that RPG as well?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2825
WLM: saenblt@hotmail.com
Location: Wishing I was not in Kansas anymore
You can totally play Cecil. I'd say that anyone who survived can play their characters, even if they're Controlled. Maybe have baddies AND goodies play? Hmmm...

I really do have to do a little DM research before I announce a game for sure. This game was the first I've ever, ever run, so I am not on the up and up with typical game mechanics. And with things like the Marked's powers, I need to figure out the limits and rules of said powers. Not to mention, building the world. BUT I am totally interested in creating a game. Just give me a few months. I'll try to announce something July-ish.

Whew! Thanks for making my first game so enjoyable to run! I've learned quite a lot from you guys! I hope it was as fun for you as it was for me :)

For your own viewing pleasure, here are the night roles:

Night 0 -- Assignments:

To "Richard"

A cry echoes through your mind, jolting you from sleep. You jerk out of bed, trying to catch your breath. Suddenly, a bright, white beam appears before you. You hide your eyes, blinking.

"Hello, Mr. Roberts," a gentle voice calls from the beam. "We have been watching you."

Slowly you remove the hand from your eyes. A tall, willowy man stands in the beam of light, smiling at you with big, bright eyes. You begin to shake.

"Oh, no. No, don't fear US, Mr. Roberts," says the man. His lips never move. "We've come to give you a gift."

The man reaches out a hand. A squeezing, crushing sensation fills your head, like someone has reached inside and is now kneading your brain between his fingers. You open your mouth to scream, but the pain has been replaced with ecstasy. Pure joy fills you. And a need: a need to please, to seek approval, to succeed. You love this man, you are his willing slave.

Congratulations, you are now Controlled! When Night falls, you (and whoever you turn) get to choose ONE person to turn each night. Be careful, because right now you're alone! Try to avoid the Culling, and show as many people as possible the beauty of serving the great Masters!

To "Jason"

A cry echoes through your mind, jolting you from sleep. You jerk out of bed, trying to catch your breath. Suddenly, a dim, shaky beam appears before you. You hide your eyes from the light, blinking away darkness.

"Hello? Hello, is this a Mr...Dubois? Ha! Human names are so funny."

A tall, willowy woman stands in the beam, smiling at you. Her smile is easy, her eyes joking. But she doesn't seem quite right. Her arms are too long, her hands too big, her body too thin, her head slightly to big. And her mouth doesn't move when she speaks. You reel back in fear.

"Oh! Oh, I am sorry. Of course you'd...react in such a fashion. Please forgive me. I'm...well, names aren't important, but I am from the Humanity Society. We lobby heavily for the freedom of your species, and our voices are many, if not as powerful as the Researchers'. I managed to get through with the help of someone on the inside. Rogue Anthropologist...oh, you have no idea WHAT I'm saying. Okay. The point is, I'm here to offer some help, even though it's pretty small, ah, potatoes? Oh, you humans, what a way you have with speech! Hopefully, this will help."

The woman reaches out a hand. A squeezing, massaging sensation fills your head, like someone has reached inside and is now kneading your brain gently between her fingers. You close your eyes as you succumb to the weirdness of the situation. When she is finished, you feel clearer. Sharper.

Congratulations, you are now a Protector! When night falls you can choose One person (including yourself) to Protect. If that person is targeted by the Controlled, the brainwashing will not take effect. If that person is Controlled, they will revert to normal. You will not know if you succeeded in stopping or turning a Controlled.

To "Cecil"

You do not sleep. Instead, you are looking over a letter you received this morning.

Agent X, we are in need of your help again. I know we said that we'd leave you be after the last mission, but this is bigger than anything we as a nation have faced. You may have noticed Hoover's men snooping around your place of residence. Yes, they are exactly who you think they are. But the Feds haven't pushed us out entirely. Keep an eye on things, son.

Sincerely,

Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter


Congratulations, you're a Spook! When night falls, you can choose one person to spy on. You can discover who is currently Controlled, but not who was targeted each night. You are free to share your information, but remember, it could look suspicious. Good luck!

Night 1:

"Richard"

The female can be a mongoose! I wanna be a mongoose! Can I be a mongoose?

Turn Dottie

DM wrote:
Richard concentrates on Dottie. A sense of utter bliss fills his mind. He must share this bliss! He must help others be as happy as he is to serve the Great Masters!

Dottie tosses and turns in her sleep. She jolts awake, ready to scream at the vise-like grip that squeezes her brain before the joy and completeness washes over her. She smiles a pointed, crazed smile. Oh, how happy she is! Oh, how she cannot wait to start a new day!


"Jason"

In his mind, Jason is in a war zone, and will get Agnes to park the car somewhere out in the suburbs, and then proceed to hike several blocks, in a random direction, until picking a house, again at random. While there's still light, he will start making improvised explosive devices (Grenades) using the items he picked up before heading out into the 'Burbs. He will then proceed to use those devices to booby-trap the entrances to the house. (He's hoping that the controlled will have to at least be in close proximity to him to try a takeover.) Once his work is done Jason will retire to the attic to sleep. Agnes is welcome to spend the night in the house if he so chooses, otherwise, "ring the doorbell three times so I know it's you and can let you in."

Jason will use his protection on himself.

DM wrote:
You concentrate on yourself. Your body begins to glow. A sense of well being fills your mind. You are Protected.


"Cecil"

Tonight, instead of sleeping, Cecil will offer his G-man coffee, slip something in it to send the G-man to sleep, and spend all night following Jethro.

DM wrote:
You sneak up the stairs of the Motel Jethro's lodged at. Jones stands guard by the door, leaning against the wall. He seems to be nodding off. Carefully you sneak to the door, watching Jones for any movement. You lean your back against the door, slowly turning the nob. It's open. Quickly you open the door, slide in, and gently close the door with no sound.

You stand in the shadows, watching Jethro's snoring form. He mutters in his sleep a bit, turns some, but nothing seems out of order. From everything you witness, Jethro is not currently Controlled.

You sneak from the room. Jones is completely out now. You make your way home, slipping in before Cooper wakes up.


Night 2:

"Richard"

Let's turn Jethro, shall we?

Let's also get tacos. I need tacos. I need them or I will explode. That happens to me sometimes.

DM wrote:
Richard concentrates on Jethro. A sense of utter bliss fills his mind. He must share this bliss! He must help others be as happy as he is to serve the Great Masters!

Jethro tosses and turns in his sleep. He jolts awake, ready to scream at the vise-like grip that squeezes his brain before the joy and completeness washes over him. He smiles a pointed, crazed smile. Oh, how happy he is! Oh, how he cannot wait to start a new day!

Congratulations Jethro, you are now Controlled! When Night falls, you, with the person who turned you, get to choose ONE person to turn each night! Go out and bring the joy to your neighbors!


"Jason"

Jason heads to the center of town, where he finds a building with a good view of the rest of the city, and preferably main street as well. He'll hole up on the second to top floor, in a room with a good view, and string some tin cans on string about as an alarm. He'll use his protection on himself, before taking a nap at about one in the afternoon. He'll wake up at nightfall, and keep watch 'till dawn, when Agnes comes for him, just to see who else might be wandering around after dark.

DM wrote:
Jason settles in to his position, surrounded by his traps and triggers. He concentrates. A wave of confidence overpowers him. He is Protected.

Jason watches the empty town until dawn. No one crosses his point of view. Perhaps a shadow or two moves, but he cannot tell if it is human or animal.


"Cecil"

Cecil will once again slip something into his G-man's coffee to put him to sleep. And tonight, Cecil will look in on Richard.

DM wrote:
You slip away from Cooper, who is too much of a doof to catch on that he's being drugged (stupid rookie), and slip off to Richard's house.

O'Brien holds the fort outside of Richard's house, smoking a cigarette. You sneak around back, careful not to make any noise, and pick the lock to the back door. You ease through the house, finding Richard's bedroom and cracking the door open.

Richard is wide awake, sitting on the bed and grinning madly at the wall. He is glowing, and you catch traces of his thoughts. Make...happy...happy...man. He laughs a little from time to time. You breathe in sharply, easing the door shut and sneaking quickly from the building before the powered up Richard detects you.

Richard is Currently Controlled.


Before he goes to have breakfast - in fact, before Cooper recovers from his dose - Cecil gets out his old service pistol and his concealed holster - mementoes from an earlier life. He'd kept them for no particular reason, but they may come in useful today.

He finds himself wishing he'd kept a few of his old service bullets. The empty pistol can only work as a deterrent.

Night 3:

"Cecil"

It doesn't matter who Cecil looks in on tonight. Richard is confirmed Controlled, and I know there's only one Controlled left.

For once, then, Cecil won't send poor Cooper to sleep. All these sleeping pills are bad for him, anyway. Instead, he'll spend all night pacing up and down, hoping Jason does something sensible for once.

(How does he survive so long without sleep? Simple. Ancient Skifandrian warrior technique. Hardly ever taught to outsiders.)

"Jason"

Jason heads back to his apartment, for a change. He cooks himself a meal, stitches up his bullet wound, changes his bandages, and puts on a clean pair of fatigues. The important things done, he focuses on using his protection on Cecil, before going to bed.

DM wrote:
You concentrate on Cecil. The glow shines around you. Cecil is protected.


"Richard"

Betraying your own kind does have the perk of gaining the trust of the enemy. You just have to be a heartless bastard to do it. Unfortunately, it may be my last night alive/Controlled.

Let's do something reckless.

Turn O'Brien

... Or Jason, depending the legality of turning NPCs.

DM wrote:
Sorry, doll, O'Brien is off limits.

But Jason...

Richard concentrates, a crazed smile on his lips.

Jason's head snaps up. A squeezing, grinding sensation fills his mind, suffocating his thoughts until he screams...

And the bliss fills him. Oh, he is so happy. Every trouble he has falls away.

Congratulations, Jason, you are now Controlled! Which means, boys, that the aliens win. But instead of just outright announcing things, why don't you give a show for poor Cecil? I'll post the thread, get everything ready and let you play! Here's the deal, though: as of right now, NPCs are semi-off-limits. No killing them, no turning them. You can position them around, but I'll be dealing out their reactions to the news. Also, Cecil can't be turned. I have a trick up my sleeve for him yet.

Let's finish this game with a bang :)

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10884
That certainly ended with a bang. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Oh, and Stan, excellent strategy there. You didn't fool the spy (of course) but you fooled who you needed to fool. Well played. Well played, indeed.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:39 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 2993
Yeah, when I was turned and realized that Richard had sacrificed Dottie, I thought, "Well, why not continue the strategy?" Since I had voted for Dottie while uncontrolled, we both looked equally good in that regard, and so if one of us was offed by the humans, it didn't really matter which. And I'd get to call Richard a little twit. The funny thing is, we didn't really end up communicating before doing it. It's almost like we had some sort of hive mind or someth--SERVE THE MASTERS.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 4:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
CCC wrote:
That certainly ended with a bang. Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful.

Oh, and Stan, excellent strategy there. You didn't fool the spy (of course) but you fooled who you needed to fool. Well played. Well played, indeed.

Why thank you. You did well also. I was very nervous your logic would've tripped me up somewhere. But it didn't and the GLORIOUS MASTERS WON. LONG LIVE THE MASTERS. SERVE THE MASTERS.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: Currently on expedition.
Jason Dubois will return in the main RPG event! He's free willed, on the loose, and he's got one heck of a mad on. I've already figured out how it happens.

As for fooling people, I rolled a D6 on the last night. Mua-Ha-ha!

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10884
balthazar wrote:
As for fooling people, I rolled a D6 on the last night. Mua-Ha-ha!


That's actually the optimal strategy if you don't know who the Controlled is. You had a two-thirds chance of success; protect yourself, and Richard turns no-one, protect Richard and you free him from the alien scourge.

Just a pity that the one-third chance came up.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8658
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
The Were-Mod thread is up and sign ups are open. Come join, don't leave this pathetic dork hanging!

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: