Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:06 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
The character's and events in this game are, for all you know, fictional. Any likeness to reality would be pretty cool, but probably a coincidence. The views shared by the fictional characters of this game are their own and are not shared by... well, I can really only speak for myself. If you share any views displayed by these characters, good for you!

Published 2011 by Chosen One Publishing Company

Stan was bored. As he clicked and refreshed the page on his computer, he was bored. Thought ran through his head.

I am only in three games! Kicked outta Fallout. Space Pirates is, for all intents and purposes, dead. APOTD, dead. I really don't have the attention span to GM any of my older games anymore. Hm... Maybe a game that doesn't require dice rolls and rule books! A game that only the mightiest of players can play!

He quickly ran several Google searches, Wiki walks and finally booked a ticket to Svalbard. He went back to the boards.

Stan in FRPG Bulletin Board wrote:
In Svalbard for the weekend! Posting should resume shortly! See y'all soon! :gwynn:

Stan Tiberious Cold Presents

Stan walks off the plane into the blizzard. The snowmobile is right outside as planned. Stan pulls out several maps from his coat and takes a cursory glance at them. He then rides of into the pitch white.

A Sluggite Zone Production

Stan hoists himself the rocky step. He then stands at the entrance of a giant cave. He walks inside, turning on his Maglite. He walks deeper into the cave. Suddenly, the ground shakes. In the light's beam there shined a shiny, 20-foot troll. "Why hello there, Stan. I see you've come for the treasure."
"Do I know you?"
"Probably not, but you became quite a celebrity when you were one of us. Then, suddenly, you turned human and destroyed much of our population."
"Trolling trolls. For the laugh out louds."
"Riiiiiight. Now the matter of the hammer, or more likely, your death. You didn't think it was gonna be that easy, did you?"
"You know, for a second, yeah, I kinda did."
"Silly R-UURRRGH!"

Brought to you by the Power of Poing!

The eviscerated and decapitated troll laid dead on the floor. The chamber lit itself through magic torches. It was a theater. No. It was an arena. And in the middle, on a stone pedestal, laid a silver hammer. THE Silver Hammer. Mjölnir! Stan walked up and grabbed the shaft. It felt like a hammer in his hand. He rose it above his head. Blue lightning struck the hammer. Then red. Stan's thick coat was transformed into more regal attire. In the middle of all the seats was a large throne and a fully stocked harem. He levitated over to his questionably-rightful place. He rose his hammer again and said "Now I summon... THE MODS!"

And the Mods were summoned.

RAGNAROK: TWILIGHT OF THE MODS!

Avalon. Olympus. Asgard. Wherever they were, the Mods suddenly appeared in the ancient arena. And Stan wore a most malicious smile on his face. For, now, the Mods were going to entertain the Sluggites who had suddenly filled the seats. The Mods were going to fight each other for glory and power. But it won't be based on the victor of the battle. Nay, whomever receives the favor of the Sluggites shall be named victor of the Arena!

OOC: Mod on Mod action. What you've always wanted to see, right? Now, characters have to be Mods from these here boards. Any Mods that wanna play of course have first dibs on their own personas. Any regular sluggite who wants to play may pick a mod on the list that has not been chosen by another player. Just enter the arena with a description of your Mods looks. No OOC thread here. Now, it'd be wise to read a few of your Mods posts to properly get a feel of his/her/its personality. Battles shall happen Arena style and at the end, all players will vote on the better fighter (really, it's the Mods who control the Sluggites :sasha: ). Votes will be sent to me via PM. Above all else, have fun! It's a game about the boards!

So you all sign up and I'll pray to the Mods I don't get the ban hammer on this one!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Tempting, but quite honestly I don't think I could do any of the mods justice.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:39 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
I'm not a Mod, but with my Modlike GM powers, I suppose I could be considered a Demi-Mod within my own domain.

And Space Pirates isn't Dead, It's just in a persistant vegitative stage. I'm not rest to admit it is dead yet.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 pm 
Well, if you go look at the page Stan linked to, that counts GRPG mods as well...

Hey, that means I can play myself now! Youngest of the Mods, limited in power, but I do have a theme song!

...I need a better theme song.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:54 pm 
Booyah. Demi-Mods!

I got dibs on the Mecha-Shoggoth! Which, incidentally, you're responsible for feeding and cleaning up after Trip-C, since you're the new guy.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:43 pm 
Well, I don't mind the feeding - and I maintain the fond hope that feeding it means it won't actually attack me - but I really do not understand how a mecha produces such prodigious quantities of dung...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:15 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Hi, I'm Dot!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:37 am 
CCC wrote:
but I really do not understand how a mecha produces such prodigious quantities of dung...
Fortunately Weremensh has been using said dung as fertilizer in some undisclosed "gardening project" of his for the past two years. On an entirely unrelated note, do not eat the giant glowing cucumbers in the cafeteria, no matter how eloquently they try to persuade you that they are edible.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
So, I got three on board. Better than expected, I admit. Maybe scrape in five more to start?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG