Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan hesitates for a moment, then barrels down the right hallway. When it doubt, follow the crashing sounds.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
CCC wrote:
"Hello! I'm Sparrow. Who are you?"

The rats introduce themselves, not very politely, and explain that they're the owners of the mansion. They want to know why Sparrow is trying to muscle in on their territory.

Ruan wrote:
Ruan hesitates for a moment, then barrels down the right hallway. When it doubt, follow the crashing sounds.

Ruan comes to a rickety spiral staircase and sees, on the lower floor, both Anthony and Nurse Sonia lying on the ground on top of some broken furniture.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:58 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10988
"I'm not trying to muscle in!" objects Sparrow. "There's bad people out there... and Biggers fighting in the streets... and... it's all scary... and my invisible isn't working properly... I just wanted to find a way through to somewhere else that the Biggers can't go." he says, plaintively. "And if you show me the way to the kitchen, I'll help you raid it before I go." he adds, appealing to greed. "I bet I can get all the Biggers out of the room, even with orangey magic."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Aughhhhhh..." Anthony groans. Sniffing, he inquires, "Is that smoke?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan proceeds - cautiously - down the rickety staircase. If he sees Sonia trying to do anything, he'll try to solve the issue by simply sitting on her.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Okay, that's definitely smoke," Anthony states while he gets up. He tries to sling Sonia over his shoulder if she's incapacitated. "Ruan, you'll want to take point. Those guards she was talking about will probably be pretty peeved with all the waiting."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Oh sod it," Anthony proclaims, picking up Sonia whether she's willing or not and dashing out of the building. "This game must never die!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:14 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Ruan, Anthony, and the unconscious Sonia flee out a nearby door and find themselves in a courtyard surrounded by high walls, with two gates presumably leading to back alleys. On the other side of one gate, voices argue in whispers. On the other side of the other gate, no sounds except the muffled noises of continued rioting elsewhere in the city.

CCC wrote:
"I'm not trying to muscle in!" objects Sparrow. "There's bad people out there... and Biggers fighting in the streets... and... it's all scary... and my invisible isn't working properly... I just wanted to find a way through to somewhere else that the Biggers can't go." he says, plaintively. "And if you show me the way to the kitchen, I'll help you raid it before I go." he adds, appealing to greed. "I bet I can get all the Biggers out of the room, even with orangey magic."

They sneer that the kitchen has been bare for quite some time, but if he can promise them a source of food, they'll lead him to safety.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10988
"If you take me to somewhere where there's good soil, I can make an apple tree for you." offers Sparrow. "One with lots of apples."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:53 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
CCC wrote:
"If you take me to somewhere where there's good soil, I can make an apple tree for you." offers Sparrow. "One with lots of apples."

They lead him out into the courtyard where Ruan and Anthony are. Though the yard is paved with cobblestones, many are broken or dug up, exposing rich, dark earth.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Um... Guards or riots?" Anthony's head darts back and forth. "Uh... RIOTS!" He gets to the gate and motions for Ruan to open it.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10988
"Thank you." says Sparrow, giving a hug to the closest rat. He points at the nearest patch of earth, and a tree begins to grow.

But Sparrow doesn't stop at the single tree he promised. One by one, he points at each other spot of rich, dark earth, and more trees grow, shooting in moments to heights well above the walls. And not just apple trees; Sparrow introduces all the variety he can. Pears, guavas, granadillas, bananas and oranges, even a grapevine up the side of the building.

Nothing is too good for helpful rats.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 4:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"You know what? Trees are not my forte. Not gonna try it with extra baggage. Ruan, would you kindly open this gate?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan shakes his head against the grogginess, then raises his arms and barrels into the gate the full force of his rather large frame behind him.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:31 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
He tumbles out into a deserted alley. It's not clear where in the city they are and in what direction their inn with all their belongings and horses might be, or which way the road out of town lies.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: