Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan, rather slowly and carefully, picks up the panicking fairy and puts him on his shoulder. "Easy there. No one's gettin' rewarded anything, and least of all no one's gettin' sold."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:41 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11025
Sparrow grabs hold of Ruan's ear to steady himself, then sits down on his shoulder. To hide... to hide...

He puts an illusion spell on the two of them, making then look like an orange-tinted Nurse Sonia Why are all my illusions orange? he wonders... then puts an illusion on Nurse Sonia, to make her look like herself (only, now, orange-tinted to match the fake Nurse Sonia). That should make any reinforcements hesitate a bit before attacking.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Nurse Sonia sidesteps Sparrow's thrown illusion. "That's your answer, then," she says, with a longing look at Anthony, and runs out of the room, disappearing down the dim hallway.

Sparrow and Anthony feel physically better but only have about half their memories, while Ruan's mind has cleared but he's only operating on half physical capacity.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:31 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11025
"We've got to go!" says Sparrow. "I can't make things invisible, everything is orangey!"

Whether the adrenalin countered the lethargic effects of the potion or not, he's now certainly paniced enough to take to the wing. He flies straight to the window...

*bonk* "Ouch! Stupid glass!"

Glass. Trapped behind glass. Locked in a prison of glass, all night without a toilet, stripped of magic, dignity, everything, just for doing the best he could. The panic, rage, terror of that night's entrapment returns to Sparrow with the memory. A line of orange flies from his hand to the nearest heavy object light enough to lift (Ruan's still-full mug) and flings it, as hard as Sparrow can, straight towards the window...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"You!" He points to Ruan, "Remind me to kill the fairy later!" He then runs after Sonia. He does love it when they run. Huh... that's an odd memory.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:03 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
CCC wrote:
Glass. Trapped behind glass. Locked in a prison of glass, all night without a toilet, stripped of magic, dignity, everything, just for doing the best he could. The panic, rage, terror of that night's entrapment returns to Sparrow with the memory. A line of orange flies from his hand to the nearest heavy object light enough to lift (Ruan's still-full mug) and flings it, as hard as Sparrow can, straight towards the window...

The window, a narrow and smudged sliver of glass high on the wall, shatters as the mug hits it. The noises of fighting from the street grow louder. A few seconds later, the mug, now on fire, comes flying back in and lands on one of the cots, igniting the cheap linens instantly.

Stan Cold wrote:
He then runs after Sonia. He does love it when they run. Huh... that's an odd memory.

She's fast, almost faster than him, and disappearing down the long hall. It appears they're in an abandoned mansion of some kind.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11025
Sparrow stops in mid-air so quickly that one might almost expect to hear a screeching sound, spins round, and goes the other way. He looks for any other exit from the room - a mousehole, for preference, somewhere that no-one of vaguely human or even dwarvish scale will be waiting for him.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Anthony keeps running after the girl, hoping to get some sort of information or bargaining token out of her.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan, rather woozily and stumbly, tries to follow after the other two. He's definitely not going as fast, however.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
CCC wrote:
Sparrow stops in mid-air so quickly that one might almost expect to hear a screeching sound, spins round, and goes the other way. He looks for any other exit from the room - a mousehole, for preference, somewhere that no-one of vaguely human or even dwarvish scale will be waiting for him.

This being an old house, there are several mouseholes to choose from.

Stan Cold wrote:
Anthony keeps running after the girl, hoping to get some sort of information or bargaining token out of her.

On a rickety spiral staircase, he draws within an arm's length of her.

Ruan wrote:
Ruan, rather woozily and stumbly, tries to follow after the other two. He's definitely not going as fast, however.

Ruan finds himself in a long hallway of what appears to be an abandoned mansion.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
Anthony reaches and grabs and finally pounces at her.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11025
As soon as he's a bit out of the way, Sparrow stops to breathe a sigh of relief. He calls up a small raincloud over the fire, and then calls out "Hello? Anyone home?" to any mice who may be present.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:17 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan, in the mean time, continues to go down the hallway toward where he thinks Anthony and Sparrow went off to.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:47 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Stan Cold wrote:
Anthony reaches and grabs and finally pounces at her.

She tries to duck out of the way, but his combat skills are better than hers. The two grapple and then topple over the railing of the rickety staircase, landing heavily six feet below. An old table breaks Anthony's fall on the way down, leaving him with bruises but no serious injuries.

CCC wrote:
As soon as he's a bit out of the way, Sparrow stops to breathe a sigh of relief. He calls up a small raincloud over the fire, and then calls out "Hello? Anyone home?" to any mice who may be present.

Several quite hostile-looking rats advance towards him out of the darkness, asking who he is and what he wants.

Ruan wrote:
Ruan, in the mean time, continues to go down the hallway toward where he thinks Anthony and Sparrow went off to.

He sees movement down a hallway off to his left, then hears the crash off to the right as Anthony and Nurse Sonia fall over the railing.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11025
"Hello! I'm Sparrow. Who are you?"

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: