Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:41 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Ok i been reading all the nifty rpg's in the forums so i decided to try my own.

Its based on Clarke's Third Law (any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic) and its inverse (any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology).

I need 5-7 players, as the world is my own they need no knowledge of it other than basic skills.

From each character I need the usual,(name,height,weight,etc) and what the character does (mage,priest,etc.)

Also i need a basic list of what equipment your carrying,go nuts remember you can have tech that acts like magic and magic that acts like tech.

Well if anyone wants to join, they can just post on this site or pm me.

If i have enough people i hope to start this weekend,or sooner if i get enough people.

Last edited by BookWyrm on Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:55 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
A tiny bit more detail would be useful; races allowed, physical conditions (land, sea, deep space, a Dennys), general level of power, that sort of thing.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:59 am 
Weremensh wrote:
A tiny bit more detail would be useful; races allowed, physical conditions (land, sea, deep space, a Dennys), general level of power, that sort of thing.

Races: yes
Physical Conditions: all eventually
Denny's: over my cold dead rotting corpse
Power Level: doesnt matter your in my world now and i can fix anyone who comes in with a super person right off the bat, but somewhere around the power in the tbt sagas.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:25 am 
Ok for some more information(as i find my notes)

Think of old fantasy classes, but you can use them with magic abilities or tech abilities. eg Mage can use magic or tech(nanites,personal energy control, ability to access energy in new and interesting ways.

Basically go nuts,make a character that you would like to play, and have fun with.

Note:all scientific basics are flexible and if you got something neat you really want to play,be, gopher it.

Basically this rpg was created to amuse my friends and i when our old d&d characters got to powerful for a magic based world but too fun to quit playing (had great group chemistry).

Just to make things easy,please esplain how your character got their abilities, you know, study,divine gift,need to protect,getting hit in the face with a cold fish which then led you on a quest to...,getting hit in the face by a gold brick wrapped in a lemon peel which then caused all your molecules,etc.

This is my first one so it will probably be a bit bumpy at first till i figure out all the mechanical differences but im hoping it will be fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:30 am 
Hmm, well Ill try this, if its what I think it is, plus I need practice gaming so this seems like a good place to start.

*breaks out his D&D core rule book for references*

So the basics:

Name: Rurik Loder
Race: Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Height: 4 foot
Weight: 140
Diety: Kord
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Eyes: Metallic blue
Hair: Balding at the top of his head, but has a long greying ponytail tied at the back. His beard is about half a foot long, with his mustance clipped very neatly along his upper lip and tied at the ends with black ribbin bands.
Skin: Rurik has golden-brown skin and wrinkles around his eyes. His had a pretty flat forhead and his eyes are suken in. He has a tattoo over his left eye of two intersecting red lightening bolts. He got it after he wandered outside of his home one day and was ambushed by a pair of goblins. The goblins were just about to strike him dead when a miraculous thunder strom unleashed its fury on the land and by happen stance struck the goblins dead. To everyone else it was just a stroke of freak weather but to the young and impressionable dwarf it was a sign that he was marked by his god for greatness and so had the event comemorated by getting the marking.

Born in his mountain hold of Glittering Peak, Rurik naturally took up his father's trade of smithing steel and gold into very profitable weapons for his family. He was soon to be issued his master's certificate when one day a young human wizard wandered into the hold. The dwarves were a bit hestiant at the arrival of the wizard but allowed him to stay long enough to rest and reprovision himself for his journey ahead. The Loder clan agreed to let the human stay and the wizard was so thankful that he told the Rurik a great secret.

The wizard was on a journey to research the effects of electricity and if it could be stored in any such way as to make it portable. He had some rutementry designs in place and allowed Rurik to look over them. The dwarven smith, inraptured by the designs, boldly stated that he could easily create a sort of powered armor with these blue prints.

After two years of toil Rurik finally emerged from his workship cladded in a burnished golden plate armor with an odd block at the back with small wires running up and down the metal. Another set of wires ran from a smaller block below the first and went directly into his freshly forged waraxe, which has a black shaft and head but golden blades. He explained to his astonished kin that he had created an armor so powerful that he could deflect the mightest blows and allow him to complete great feats of strength.

When asked to prove that his unconventional armor really did do all that he said, Rurik looked over the crowd with a smug smile and flicked a switch box located at his hip. However, much to the expectance of the crowd, nothing happened. Rurik flicked the switch furiously back and forth, with a few curses added in for flavor, but still the armor would not work. The crowd was growing bored with the cursing dwarf and was just starting to dispearse when the wizard suddenly appeared behind the angered dwarf and threw a mighty lightening bolt at the metal boxes. Ruriks armor whirred to live and hummed with power as surprise and then smugness were set on the dwarf's face. He shouted to the crowd that he was going to show the world his magical armor and it's mastery, though he made sure to stock up on a few lightening scrolls before he did so.

This is as far as I'll go as I'm not sure if this is the type of character your looking for and/or if Im using the right model to make it. I'm also not sure how stats are going to be handeled so if this is good so far I'll just edit this post and finish up the character. Kindly PM with your response.

Last edited by Dataran on Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:21 am 
Yahoo Messenger: isyomamaallama8
AOL: Cheeseboy88
Name: Zalhin Fimir
Race: Wereape
Class: Shaman
Height: 5'10" (7'6")
Weight: 250 (550)
Diety: Tomsonqe (pronounced: Tom Song -tongue click-)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Eyes: Brown (Bright orange)
Hair: Completely bald
Zalhin is from a long line of shamans on his father's side, and an even longer line of Wereapes on his mother's side. Wereapes are an extremely rare race of lycanthropes that turn into Great Apes, not when the moon is full or every night, but when their livelihood or children are threatened. It is triggered by an automatic hormone that is released in the hypothalamus when the adrenalin level in the blood reaches a certain point. Zalhin spent most of his life in his native villiage in central Africa (or whatever jungle continent if you are running this in a different world), until he was thrown out after destroying numerous houses and wounding ten people in a fit of rage, he found his way to (insert appropriate metropolis). While the strange culture confuses and bewilders him, he is in enough control of himself to contain his beast. At least, he hopes so.

I don't think I'd actually play this, but this character is open to you or anyone who wants to use it.

<EDIT> Also, I wasn't thinking of the Incredible Huld at all when I made this, it didn't occur to me until afterwards.

Post subject: cancellation
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:32 am 
Sorry all this game has been cancelled do to lack of interest on my part, anyone interested in a new game im gonna run (cause i found all my rules)please check the game thread

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG