Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:09 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Edric tries his plan of shrinking the oxen and carts. He has to work fast; Higgins's voice can be heard, albeit faintly, from further up the road, and it doesn't sound patient or pleasant.

His attempt isn't a failure, but it's not a complete success either. The living oxen are still far too weak from the poison to be able to survive such a taxing magical transformation. Greenleaf, recognizing this (and doubtless wanting to minimize the magic being done) makes them comfortable along the side of the road, where hopefully some kindly travelers will take them on and care for them. He also runs out of time to transform everything before Higgins and his goons come around the bend in the road.

With a pocketful of two zombi oxen, two carts, and half their supplies, Edric limps into the forest, and the others follow. Soon, they're hidden by the dense growth of the woods. Behind them, Higgins's enraged shouts ring out, growing ever fainter as they move on. Yala, for once, keeps her mouth shut.

The afternoon grows dark as the sun is blotted out by thick thunderclouds. It starts to rain. It always does in situations like this. The ground grows slippery with mud. Progress slows.

Amid the rain-soaked shadows of the forest, here and there, movement can be seen.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 5539
Location: The land of crazy drivers
"This is really not fun. I'd give it a . . ."

Taddeo pauses, thinking.

"Perhaps a four on the fun scale. How about the rest of you? Tramping through the forest in the mud is a con, but we do have miniature oxen. That's always good for a point."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:12 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 16202
ICQ: 6954605
Website: http://krellen.net
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Location: The City in New Mexico
"Tramp through mud be normal on island," Zaljan remarks. He's wearing his mask, so it's hard to gauge his feelings.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
Punchy, carrying about a half of a cartload of the groups things, growls.

"If ye'd... be soo kind... as tae shet oop... I'd much appreceate et."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 5432
Website: http://grillick.blogspot.com
WLM: jg87106@msn.com
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Location: Brooklyn, NY
"I think tramping through the mud is fun. I wish my leg didn't hurt so much, though." Edric hobbles toward the front to get closer to Greenleaf. "How much further to the river, Greenleaf?"

Edric appears unconcerned by the movements in the shadows. More likely than not, this is because he doesn't notice them.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:11 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Greenleaf does his best to blaze a manageable trail through the woods. But the mud certainly isn't helping. Greenleaf is keeping an eye out for any useful plants since they're off the beaten path now.

Grillick wrote:
"How much further to the river, Greenleaf?"

"It shouldn't be too much longer now. The river gets very wide this close to Sael."

OOG: Inspy correct me if I'm wrong.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
The river is indeed just under an hour's further travel away. They should get there a few hours before sundown, though in this weather, it's taking the best of Greenleaf's ranger senses to keep track of the sun's passage across the dark and cloudy sky.

There's a sudden scream, quickly silenced, from far off in the rain-soaked forest. Yala whips around at the sound, takes a step, and tumbles out of sight.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:17 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun May 05, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 5539
Location: The land of crazy drivers
Taddeo spins around, trying to determine where the scream came from. This is not his element, though, so he wastes a lot of time checking all around without seeing anything. It takes him a bit to notice Yala is missing.

"Whoa! Greenleaf! I think something took Yala!"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 am 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Dom/SlimKop wrote:
"Whoa! Greenleaf! I think something took Yala!"


Greenleaf makes his way back towards the party, careful to retrace his own steps. He begins searching the immediate area for signs leaving the party's trail. He is particularly interested in tracks leading towards the party which would indicate the girl has indeed been taken.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:34 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
A few steps off the path, concealed by a cleverly built structure of leaves and branches, Greenleaf finds a narrow but deep pit. Yala is sitting at the bottom on a heap of canvas-covered bundles, looking extremely cross.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3085
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
Greenleaf cuts a long branch from a tree and reaches it down into the pit to help Yala out.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:19 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
"It stinks in there," Yala announces as she's pulled up. "Everything smells like damp and curry and alcohol. There's bottles everywhere. Ugh. I didn't think this sort of thing happened to grown-ups."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:46 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"Alcohol? I'll be right back fellows."

Punchy sets down the whole bundle of things (none of which are his) and tops down into the hole after the rumor of alcohol.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:33 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Punchy finds a lot of canvas-wrapped bundles marked with various symbols. Some appear to be casks of liquor; others, redolent with strange odors, are packages of spices.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 16304
Website: http://www.facebook.com/Jos.Flanagan
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Location: Up on the hill, down by the river.
"Woo hoooo!"

The cheer drifts up out of the hole. The faster Punchy is removed from the hole, the easier it will be. And the more sober he will be.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: