Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
The dwarf illusion steps back with a thoughtful frown.

Sparrow finds the mage looking at him, and casts an illusion on the man; making him, and him alone, think he sees something invisible (whatever he thinks is there) burst into flames right where Sparrow is, screaming in agonising pain. Sparrow himself escapes a similar fate by flying directly towards the mage's eyes, in as straight a line as he can.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:36 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Ruan wrote:
Ruan looks at the sergeant curiously, eye narrowed. "How now, sergeant? Surely you wouldn't object to a soldier getting a bit of sparring in."

"You're here from Sael, aren't you? We're not supposed to be fighting with our enemies!" The sergeant hears what he just said and colors deeply. "You know what I mean! These men have to rest up."

Stan Cold wrote:
"Protection from various, barbaric creatures such as goblins." Anthony is on his toes for this one.

"Goblins!" Lord Wipp looks pained. "We are beset by foreign enemies, marauders, raiders, bandits, pirates, dissidents. Just this week some peasant-king calling himself Noble blew up a building in Cambárya. Goblins are rather far down our list of threats."

CCC wrote:
Sparrow finds the mage looking at him, and casts an illusion on the man; making him, and him alone, think he sees something invisible (whatever he thinks is there) burst into flames right where Sparrow is, screaming in agonising pain. Sparrow himself escapes a similar fate by flying directly towards the mage's eyes, in as straight a line as he can.

The mage seems to jerk away, then looks appalled, but turns back into the line of Sparrow's flight.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Well, I'm already using full protection for independence and abolishment of slavery. What do you suggest?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
While the illusion screams and writhes in pain behind him, Sparrow summons up a nice thick fog, and at the same time turns the fog invisible. Of course, one can still feel the humidity of the fog on one's skin, a cold clamminess without visible source - but more importantly, anyone who can see invisible things won't be able to see the invisible Sparrow through the invisible fog.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
Stan Cold wrote:
"Well, I'm already using full protection for independence and abolishment of slavery. What do you suggest?"

"I don't have the authority to agree to that," says Wipp, looking genuinely sorry. "What about small contingents of soldiers from Sael, on a rota, sent to the capital to help guard the borders, in exchange for Sael's complete autonomy over who lives there?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
Once the invisible fog is nicely established, Sparrow lets the burning illusion reduce itself to a handful of ashes, which drift away on the breeze.

He then creates an illusion that only he himself can see (one of a pretty fairy girl, on the basis that he might as well choose something nice to look at), and sends it flying about in large sweeps at some distance from himself.

The aim of this exercise is to find whatever was the hand that moved in front of the candle flame of his dwarf illusion earlier; he watches to see if, and where, it vanishes.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Sounds reasonable to me."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan looks over the men, and then back to the sergeant. "They seem fairly well rested to me..." He ponders for a moment, then his eyes brighten. "What about you? You're a sergeant, you seem well rested. Perhaps you'd like to go a bout?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 2667
Location: super-entropy
CCC wrote:
Once the invisible fog is nicely established, Sparrow lets the burning illusion reduce itself to a handful of ashes, which drift away on the breeze.

He then creates an illusion that only he himself can see (one of a pretty fairy girl, on the basis that he might as well choose something nice to look at), and sends it flying about in large sweeps at some distance from himself.

The aim of this exercise is to find whatever was the hand that moved in front of the candle flame of his dwarf illusion earlier; he watches to see if, and where, it vanishes.

Nothing happens to the pretty fairy illusion. It may be that since it's only visible to him, whoever's testing his magic doesn't even know it's there. Or maybe they're just letting that one play out.

Stan Cold wrote:
"Sounds reasonable to me."

"Have you some way of contacting Sael? I believe we may be close to an agreement; I'd like to know that they will accept the terms you've proposed."

Ruan wrote:
Ruan looks over the men, and then back to the sergeant. "They seem fairly well rested to me..." He ponders for a moment, then his eyes brighten. "What about you? You're a sergeant, you seem well rested. Perhaps you'd like to go a bout?"

The sergeant's blush deepens. He looks nervously about, as though seeking an escape. "I don't care to fight a ruffian like you, thank you all the same."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
Sending the illusion swooping about is fun, but not nearly as fun as swooping about himself; before long, Sparrow's swooping up and down, round and about the table about which Big Nose and Anthony are sitting, revelling in the joy of flying and the coolness of the invisible fog.

Since there's no sign of the fairy illusion vanishing, Sparrow dismisses it himself; it's made him homesick enough already. He does notice the red of the sergeant's face, and soon hurries over to see why he's turned such an interesting colour.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Sparrow!" Anthony barks at the dwarf, "Have you been paying attention?"

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
Sparrow, hearing his name, zips back to the dwarf.

"Sorry, what?" asks the illusion.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:13 am
Posts: 2604
AOL: stancold@aim.com
Location: Somewhere doing something.
"Negotiations. Did you hear them? If so, I'd like them sent to Sael for consideration."

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:00 am
Posts: 6868
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"A ruffian you say? If you weren't telling the truth, I might possibly have been offended. Well, enjoy your day. Might want to work with the fellow I was sparring with though." Ruan turns to walk away. "Didn't seem to know that much. Wasn't very... professional. But who am I to judge?"

He walks his way back toward Anthony.

Top 
   
 
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11020
"I, um, missed the last bit." says Sparrow. "You'd offered protection from goblins, right?"

Top 
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: