Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:55 pm 
The dwarf illusion steps back with a thoughtful frown.

Sparrow finds the mage looking at him, and casts an illusion on the man; making him, and him alone, think he sees something invisible (whatever he thinks is there) burst into flames right where Sparrow is, screaming in agonising pain. Sparrow himself escapes a similar fate by flying directly towards the mage's eyes, in as straight a line as he can.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:36 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Ruan wrote:
Ruan looks at the sergeant curiously, eye narrowed. "How now, sergeant? Surely you wouldn't object to a soldier getting a bit of sparring in."

"You're here from Sael, aren't you? We're not supposed to be fighting with our enemies!" The sergeant hears what he just said and colors deeply. "You know what I mean! These men have to rest up."

Stan Cold wrote:
"Protection from various, barbaric creatures such as goblins." Anthony is on his toes for this one.

"Goblins!" Lord Wipp looks pained. "We are beset by foreign enemies, marauders, raiders, bandits, pirates, dissidents. Just this week some peasant-king calling himself Noble blew up a building in Cambárya. Goblins are rather far down our list of threats."

CCC wrote:
Sparrow finds the mage looking at him, and casts an illusion on the man; making him, and him alone, think he sees something invisible (whatever he thinks is there) burst into flames right where Sparrow is, screaming in agonising pain. Sparrow himself escapes a similar fate by flying directly towards the mage's eyes, in as straight a line as he can.

The mage seems to jerk away, then looks appalled, but turns back into the line of Sparrow's flight.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:20 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
"Well, I'm already using full protection for independence and abolishment of slavery. What do you suggest?"

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:35 pm 
While the illusion screams and writhes in pain behind him, Sparrow summons up a nice thick fog, and at the same time turns the fog invisible. Of course, one can still feel the humidity of the fog on one's skin, a cold clamminess without visible source - but more importantly, anyone who can see invisible things won't be able to see the invisible Sparrow through the invisible fog.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:26 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Stan Cold wrote:
"Well, I'm already using full protection for independence and abolishment of slavery. What do you suggest?"

"I don't have the authority to agree to that," says Wipp, looking genuinely sorry. "What about small contingents of soldiers from Sael, on a rota, sent to the capital to help guard the borders, in exchange for Sael's complete autonomy over who lives there?"

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 am 
Once the invisible fog is nicely established, Sparrow lets the burning illusion reduce itself to a handful of ashes, which drift away on the breeze.

He then creates an illusion that only he himself can see (one of a pretty fairy girl, on the basis that he might as well choose something nice to look at), and sends it flying about in large sweeps at some distance from himself.

The aim of this exercise is to find whatever was the hand that moved in front of the candle flame of his dwarf illusion earlier; he watches to see if, and where, it vanishes.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:50 am 
"Sounds reasonable to me."

Post Posted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:20 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Ruan looks over the men, and then back to the sergeant. "They seem fairly well rested to me..." He ponders for a moment, then his eyes brighten. "What about you? You're a sergeant, you seem well rested. Perhaps you'd like to go a bout?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:
Once the invisible fog is nicely established, Sparrow lets the burning illusion reduce itself to a handful of ashes, which drift away on the breeze.

He then creates an illusion that only he himself can see (one of a pretty fairy girl, on the basis that he might as well choose something nice to look at), and sends it flying about in large sweeps at some distance from himself.

The aim of this exercise is to find whatever was the hand that moved in front of the candle flame of his dwarf illusion earlier; he watches to see if, and where, it vanishes.

Nothing happens to the pretty fairy illusion. It may be that since it's only visible to him, whoever's testing his magic doesn't even know it's there. Or maybe they're just letting that one play out.

Stan Cold wrote:
"Sounds reasonable to me."

"Have you some way of contacting Sael? I believe we may be close to an agreement; I'd like to know that they will accept the terms you've proposed."

Ruan wrote:
Ruan looks over the men, and then back to the sergeant. "They seem fairly well rested to me..." He ponders for a moment, then his eyes brighten. "What about you? You're a sergeant, you seem well rested. Perhaps you'd like to go a bout?"

The sergeant's blush deepens. He looks nervously about, as though seeking an escape. "I don't care to fight a ruffian like you, thank you all the same."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:05 pm 
Sending the illusion swooping about is fun, but not nearly as fun as swooping about himself; before long, Sparrow's swooping up and down, round and about the table about which Big Nose and Anthony are sitting, revelling in the joy of flying and the coolness of the invisible fog.

Since there's no sign of the fairy illusion vanishing, Sparrow dismisses it himself; it's made him homesick enough already. He does notice the red of the sergeant's face, and soon hurries over to see why he's turned such an interesting colour.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:15 pm 
"Sparrow!" Anthony barks at the dwarf, "Have you been paying attention?"

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:30 pm 
Sparrow, hearing his name, zips back to the dwarf.

"Sorry, what?" asks the illusion.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm 
"Negotiations. Did you hear them? If so, I'd like them sent to Sael for consideration."

Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:27 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"A ruffian you say? If you weren't telling the truth, I might possibly have been offended. Well, enjoy your day. Might want to work with the fellow I was sparring with though." Ruan turns to walk away. "Didn't seem to know that much. Wasn't very... professional. But who am I to judge?"

He walks his way back toward Anthony.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 am 
"I, um, missed the last bit." says Sparrow. "You'd offered protection from goblins, right?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG