Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:14 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
inspiration wrote:
The archer takes Edric's hand and allows himself to be helped to his feet. His face is that of a man about to go into battle, hoping he can put it off as long as possible, but knowing he must confront something terrible ahead. He gestures at the bodies of the feral men and archers. "Are any of these dead ... yours?" The unspoken question in his tone adds, are any of them mine?

Edric shakes his head slowly. "I don't know any of them. I don't even know you. I just saw your image once when I was trying to help Megara find someone. I never forget a face, but you're the only one of these here that I know." He motions to the man with the once-broken leg. "He appears to be the only one who survived. Go see if you know him. Whether or not you do, though, take him back to Enche with you and look after him, please?" Edric scans the area briefly, surveying the damage. "We must continue on the other direction, assuming our oxen are okay. If you know anything about animals, I'm sure Greenleaf would appreciate your assistance with them." Edric hops over to Punchy, cleaning him off with his magic and helping him to his feet. "Let's try to clean up some of this mess, shall we?"

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"The oxen have been poisoned. These two do not have long," the ranger announces. The ranger stoops between the two oxen and begins massaging the oxen. He periodically stops to presses down hard in an awkward embrace. I've got to prevent their bodies from going numb. Got to keep them feeling.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Dodger77 wrote:
"The oxen have been poisoned. These two do not have long," the ranger announces. The ranger stoops between the two oxen and begins massaging the oxen. He periodically stops to presses down hard in an awkward embrace. I've got to prevent their bodies from going numb. Got to keep them feeling.

The archer walks over to Greenleaf and, after watching a moment, begins to copy what he's doing, helping him. It stabilizes the oxen for the moment. The other two appear to be perking up a little; they probably got smaller doses that their magic-bred constitutions are able to overcome.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:15 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Zaljan quickly checks Yala's aura for any instabilities. If she's not about to die or go crazy, he'll go help out the poisoned oxen.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
She's physically weaker than normal, but extremely stable and in no immediate danger.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:38 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Edric frowns down at his leg, finally taking time to notice the arrow sticking out of it. He motions Punchy over to him. "Hey Punchy, do you remember how this is supposed to work?"

Punchy jogs over, grinning. "Sure do, ya big galoot. Ye gotta push et through tha sem wae et came in."

Edric winces at the thought. "Ugh, with the feathers and everything?"

"No, ye eediot. Ye break off da fethas fahrst!"

"Oh. Ugh." Edric shudders, grabbing his leg and the arrow, and breaking off the back of it. He winces in pain, but manages to avoid crying and screaming, since he saw this coming. Punchy grabs onto the head of the arrow, and pulls it quickly the rest of the way through.

Edric was not prepared for that. "Ow!" He hops back, forgetting about his weakened leg and landing fully on it. He screams out again, tumbling to the ground. Punchy just laughs. Edric lays on the ground, squeezing his leg to try to stop the bleeding, barely managing to hold back the tears.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Punchy shakes his head at Edric.

"What a galoot. When yer finished blubbering conjure me some water fer a wash up."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:38 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Taddeo stares at Zaljan's back as he walks away then back at the girl, then back at the witch doctor who had just walked away without saying anything. He returns his attention to the girl, sighs and takes a seat.

"You've been acting really strange, Yala."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:41 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Yala appears to think about his statement for some time. She shoves a sweaty lock of hair out of her eyes and squints at Taddeo in the silvery moonlight. "Does it hurt to die?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"To die? Yes. Dying is very painful, for the most part we don't want to let go of life and our bodies make every effort to hold on."

He squints at the girl.

"Why this talk of dying?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"I was thinking about how you fight people all the time," Yala explains. "Aren't you afraid you will die?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:54 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Taddeo shrugs, a slight grin on his face.

"I'm too good to die."

The grin fades as he notes Yala's dissatisfaction with his glib throwaway.

"It's something that I think of afterward sometimes, or when I can't sleep some nights. However, in the moment, no. I am very good at what I do, but there is always someone better, or someone with an edge but if you let yourself dwell on that thought . . ."

He spreads his hands, then wipes them on his trousers.

"Yala, every person makes a choice in everything that they do. I made the choice to accept this job, but I'm glad I did. Even if you don't like me sometimes, I like you. You are smart, you are kind and you do the unexpected."

He grins.

"I never had a sister, but I expect if she had been like you I would have liked to have one."

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:59 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Yala smiles back. A bit unsteadily, she crawls out of her bedroll and over to sit next to him, drawing her knees up to her chest and resting her head against Taddeo's arm. "Who do you have in your family?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:19 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"I stayed with my mother, and she always has a lot of interesting people as friends. I remember that when I was growing up there were always poets, and composers around as well as dancers and philosophers. She delighted in having interesting people around her, and it didn't matter to her if you were famous, or rich as long as you were interesting."

He smiles down at the girl, hoping to keep her attention on him, instead of the messy business of cleaning up outside.

"My father is Giovanni of the Grigorus family. He would visit me, and was always interested in how I was doing with my fencing teachers. He was a very charming man, though not very good looking. He was shorter than my mother, and his hair was thinning when he was a young man. However, when he entered a room,"

Taddeo gestures as he speaks.

"He claimed the attention of everyone. He was a very intense, powerful man but he was always kind to me. It was a side of him I don't think many people saw."

He tilts his head as he watches Yala's reaction to his story.

"How about you?"

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Your mother sounds very nice." Yala gives a tired little shrug. "It was always just me and Papa, always. Well, and Sister Hildreth sometimes." She snorts derisively. "But always the two of us. Why did your father visit you instead of living with you?"

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 135 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG