Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:16 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
In this case, it's a pretty simple case of "you tried to kill me so I'm gonna kill you right back." The party camped for the night and were set upon by possessed elves (i.e. fae-elves, tm FB) out hunting humans. They were mind-controlling humans to be feral hounds for them, and also mind-controlling elves to be their archers. All but two feral men and one archer were killed. And now the fae-elves want to take the party's stuff.

Punchy smashed up one feral man with a beer mug and killed an archer in the bushes, for the record.

(The day before, they found a girl whose parents had been killed by bandits. They had her delivered to her grandfather in Enche. Turns out her grandfather is one of the mind-controlled archers, though most of the party don't realize that because Edric only saw the man in his magic hat.)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:25 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
If it's any consolation, the knife is no stronger than it was when it was knife-sized. It's just larger now.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:35 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Dom, I know you're super busy at work these days, so I've been trying to have the scene work around Taddeo. Let me know if I am moving too fast for you! I am still learning this GMing stuff, especially with combat scenes. Please call me on it if I'm making it hard to participate!

I wanted to check, do you want to have Taddeo deal with this first:

inspiration wrote:
Dom/SlimKop wrote:
Taddeo stands still until the last moment where he ducks away from the horse and rider. As he mover, his rapier finds its home in the leg of the passing attacker. For once everything goes smoothly. Well, everything except the fact he completely forgot that Zaljan was also under attack. Oops.

The horse bursting into flame as he attacks means a singed cuff, but his attack is swift and smooth.

Skewered neatly on Taddeo's blade, the elf arcs through the air and lands heavily. He waves a hand at Taddeo and, between groans, mutters under his breath.

or have Taddeo drop everything (including the half-dead elf) and run over to help Greenleaf?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:25 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Oh man! Sorry Insp! I'll edit my post and let Greenleaf suffer. My bad.

edit: Post edited. Sorry!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:59 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
For the GM (and other players): Zaljan has abused the heck out of his power over spirits in this fight (and this journey), and for the next while, spirits are going to avoid him, for fear he's going to snatch them to make them do something. Bound spirits (Uncle Tuljan, the energies he uses to heal) can't avoid him, but the wild ones will until he's managed to do some work regaining their trust. Thus, fires will go out around him, wind will go still and avoid him, trees and plants will wither, earth will go barren, etc.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
FreakyBoy wrote:
Thus, fires will go out around him, wind will go still and avoid him, trees and plants will wither, earth will go barren, etc.

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:44 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Edric shakes his head sadly. "Not this time, I'm afraid. We have removed the cause of your 'bad dreams,' and I hope they shan't come again. But today you will be walking home under your own power. Whatever you believe you have done in your dreams was not your doing. Do not believe anything else." He reaches down and offers his hand to help the man to his feet. "You will find your life is not as you remember it, and I apologize for that. But please believe that the worst is over."

There are eleventy quintillion things I love about this group of players and their characters, and that make me feel truly honored to get to create this story with you, but I think my favorite of all may be how often, in the midst of all the peril and violence and things going wrong, the PCs choose to be utterly kind.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Meanwhile, in the other thread...

Ruan continues to be punny. It's probably because he's big and hulking like a Neanderthal. Their humor was always a little... lowbrow.

Okay, I'll stop, I'll stop!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:47 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Funny story: Zaljan's starting to feel, at this moment, like how I feel at work most of the time. Pulled in a dozen different directions and expected to fix everything simultaneously and completely.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:08 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Hey, nobody ever said earning 100gp was gonna be easy -- uh, wait.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:24 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
I forgot to have Captain give you guys any kind of official documents, but she would have, so let's retcon in that you're carrying a sealed letter certifying you're authorized to negotiate on behalf of Sael.

Or at least, that's what she told you the letter said.

:sasha:

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:44 pm 
Sparrow can always throw an illusion over the paper to make it say what the Captain said it said...

Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:07 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
He'd have to first know it doesn't say that, or else there'd be no reason for him to do so.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:19 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I dunno... I can see Sparrow mucking with the wording of it out of sheer faerie perversity.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Just in case I've done one of my famous crap jobs of exposition, the party currently has two weakened but alive oxen (they'll travel more slowly for a couple days but will be fine after that, or Greenleaf can perhaps pep them up with Ranger!Skillz) and two zombi oxen. And two carts, one of which still has all their gear.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG