Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:53 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
FreakyBoy wrote:
Zaljan leans forward (he's still not wearing his mask.) "Lotsa names. Too many to really write down, ja? Important name be Yala Suya; rest o' us her entourage. We lookin' for good place to sleep. In da mornin', we maybe visit grandparents," a wave to the half-elf here, "before movin' on."

"Suya?" One of the elf guards checks the list. "Oh, Jave Suya's party! Yes, sir!" He gives a hammy conspiratorial wink. Perhaps Jave is well-known in Enche, or sprinkled some fat bribes where he thought they'd be needed along his daughter's route. The two guards wave the party through.

Fortunately, they're out of sight of the gates by the time the half-elf wakes up with a start and screams, "BANDITS! I'VE BEEN KIDNAPPED!"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
The voodoo man slaps a hand over the half-elf's mouth. "Not kidnap. Rescue. Bandits attack. You live. Parents die. Go to grandparents - now, if you like." He tries to give a comforting grin. "I take hand away. Don' scream." And he does just that.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:24 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"Grandparents?" She looks around at the crowd, most of whom are staring at the party with mild, amused interest. "Where?"

"We'll help you find them," Yala promises. "Tomorrow. We'll look aaaaall day if we have to."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 pm 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Meanwhile, Edric remains in the back of the cart, looking into his hat. Now he's asking his hat to show him this girl's grandparents.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:39 pm 
Zaljan slaps a hand to his forehead. "You neva visit grandparents before? We in Enche. Parents say grandparents in Enche."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:41 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Meanwhile, Edric remains in the back of the cart, looking into his hat. Now he's asking his hat to show him this girl's grandparents.

The hat shows him a split screen view: an elderly elf woman sitting alone in a small, dim house; an elderly elf man trudging along a dirt path.

FreakyBoy wrote:
Zaljan slaps a hand to his forehead. "You neva visit grandparents before? We in Enche. Parents say grandparents in Enche."

"I've visited them lots of times," she says, "but I was never, you know, driving the cart." She seems to be perking up a little after her long rest. "I'm sorry I screamed. It startled me."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Greenleaf moves back towards the cart after the girl's scream. He listens intently to Zaljan's exchange with the girl. Afterwards he smiles and says, "P-pleased to meet you miss. I'm Greenleaf. What's your name?"

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:43 pm 
"Can she sit up, Zaljan? I'd like her to confirm for me that these are her grandparents. Sometimes the hat is bad with abstractions."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:06 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Dodger77 wrote:
"P-pleased to meet you miss. I'm Greenleaf. What's your name?"

"I'm Megara Milkweed-Carver." She tries to prop herself on one elbow to offer her free hand to shake.

"I'm Yala. I'm glad you're my new friend," Yala butts in, with an angry warning look in Taddeo's direction.

Grillick wrote:
"Can she sit up, Zaljan? I'd like her to confirm for me that these are her grandparents. Sometimes the hat is bad with abstractions."

"Is that a magic hat?" She looks fearful. "I'm sorry. I'm very nervous around magic."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:36 pm 
"Well not actually. It's just a hat. I'm a wizard, though, and I can see things in it. I could show you, too. We want to get you to your grandparents as soon as possible." Edric tries to look as friendly as possible.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:37 pm 
"It okay," Zaljan assures. "He too big to hurt you."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"He can hold you very tightly, though," Yala advises.

Megara gives Zaljan a "what's up with her?" look and then nods. "Okay. Let me see the hat, good Master Wizard."

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:15 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
While Megara deals with the hat, Greenleaf turns his attention to the Oxen once more.

"Ok beasties, you know the drill. We need a room for the night. Take us to our master's favorite inn." Greenleaf has grown quite fond of the oxen. He's talked to animals before on his own in the woods, but being able to genuinely communicate with them is a whole 'nother matter.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 pm 
Edric has the hat images zoom in on the faces of the subjects, then holds out the hat for the half-elf girl to look into. "Are those your grandparents, dear?"

Post Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:51 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Grillick wrote:
Edric has the hat images zoom in on the faces of the subjects, then holds out the hat for the half-elf girl to look into. "Are those your grandparents, dear?"

"Yes. They look so sad, though. Is it because of my ... my parents?" She looks at Zaljan in anguish. "Are you sure? Maybe it was someone else who died. Maybe they're just missing ... ?"

Meanwhile, the oxen stop in front of a fancy-looking inn called the Silver Peapod.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG