Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 pm 
It's early Friday night in Generic City, and the nightlife is just starting to crawl out of the woodwork. You and your friends are out having some fun when you realise that this isn't exactly the healthiest of neighborhoods. You begin to notice figures standing in the shadows, and an alarmingly large number of people are following you. Fortunately, you have followed Machiavelli's advice: Above all else, Be Armed. If these punks are looking for trouble, they found it.

Just another Friday Night Firefight.

This game uses the Cyberpunk 2020 interlock rule-set, with a few modifications, chiefly that this is not cyberpunk. High-tech doodads are far and few between and unlikely to be used at all in this game. Cybernetics are right out. Think real life instead.

A down-loadable pdf of the cyberpunk 2020 core rulebook is found here. It's the same one that I got my copy from, so it should be good.

Pay special attention to the chapters starting on pages 25, 41 and 96, as these deal specifically with character creation, selecting skills, and the Friday Night Firefight combat system itself. The rest is peripheral at best.

Don't worry about roles, special abilities, career skills, or life path. All you need to know is that you get 75 Character points, and 60 skill points, to distribute as you see fit.

I'm going to assume that you've downloaded the pdf to try and game the system. I'm also going to assume that you're intelligent enough to figure out how to build the best character you can based on what you've read. Yes, I really am that lazy.

Don't worry about submitting your character as fast as you can, I have a convention to go to from noon tomorrow 'till Sunday afternoon, so think on it.

If you run into any problems or have any questions, feel free to post, or drop me a PM. I'll get back to you when I can.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:31 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
I'm in!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:38 am 
Wow, tough crowd.

I hate to say it Stan, but this might not happen. Which would suck. I'll give it a few more days though.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:45 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
I'm already overcommitted as is. Sorry balth.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:11 am 
These things happen. If it doesn't turn out, I'll try again in a few months or so. Mid December perhaps.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG