Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:10 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
FreakyBoy wrote:
As soon as the prisoner gets a single drop of Zaljan's blood upon his skin, the voodoo man can use his guardian spirit to track down and change the parameters of the man's curse. The symbol and chanting are just decoration for the voodoo man's mastery of spirits.

After a few minutes of work, the Voodoo should be able to change the curse from whatever form it currently takes to one that simply keeps the man from ever speaking a lie or untruth.

As the Voodoo works, the man's shouts become fiercer and angrier, until he's just yelling incoherently.

Dodger77 wrote:
While they walk, Greenleaf is constantly scanning the horizon, and discretely sniffing the air.

"Alárya," he says simply adding "my father was a fisherman."

Ruth starts to reply, then stops as both she and Greenleaf hear a faint crashing in the bushes. Someone is coming closer.

Stan Cold wrote:
Anthony keeps lunging forward and yells, "This isn't self-defense! That's for women who can't even hold a purse! When someone attacks, you attack! And it doesn't stop..." Anthony leaps to Jakob's side and tries stabbing from there, "Until one of you dies!"

"Augh!" Jakob jumps as he feels the knife graze his side. He throws himself backward onto the ground, a boneless puddle of water again, and flings the knife away from him, sending it tumbling toward Anthony's head.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:13 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
inspiration wrote:
As the Voodoo works, the man's shouts become fiercer and angrier, until he's just yelling incoherently.

Zaljan's magic should keep the man alive, and incoherent yelling doesn't bother the voodoo man.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 am 
AOL: [email protected]
The knife grazes Anthony's cheek. At first, nothing happens. Then a small streak of blood appears on Anthony's face. For a minute, there is silence. Then Anthony speaks. "Trainings over. Now for payment." Anthony strides towards Emma and takes her by the arm. "Now Mr. Jakob, I hope yer new found skill elongates the life of you, yer wife and yer baby. Come along now Emma."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
"No, thank you," Emma says, digging her heels into the ground. "I'm fine here."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm 
"I'm sorry. You don't really have a choice in this matter." Anthony holds his knife menacingly at the girl. "I always get paid. One way or another." He looks over at Jakob. "Of course, maybe you have yer two cents to drop. Do ya?"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
Greenleaf knows he's in a bad position, and silently chides himself for letting it happen. He gets between Ruth and the bushes, draws his bow, and calls out:

"Who's there? Show yourself or I'll shoot."

Without turning his head he whispers, "I may need you to run back to the others."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:33 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Stan Cold wrote:
"I'm sorry. You don't really have a choice in this matter." Anthony holds his knife menacingly at the girl. "I always get paid. One way or another." He looks over at Jakob. "Of course, maybe you have yer two cents to drop. Do ya?"

"My two cents?" Jakob sits up, looking wholly baffled. "If it's a question of money, I assure you, I have plenty back at camp."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:41 pm 
"It's not that hard! Me: The Dashing Rogue. You: The Helpless Father. Yer Daughter: The Kidnapped Damsel. C'mon Emma." Anthony pulls a bit harder.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:47 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Stan Cold wrote:
"It's not that hard! Me: The Dashing Rogue. You: The Helpless Father. Yer Daughter: The Kidnapped Damsel. C'mon Emma." Anthony pulls a bit harder.

"Are you trying to make me fight you?" Jakob asks, bewildered. "And how much gold will it take to get you to change your mind about that?"

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm 
Anthony drags Emma to one of the ox carts. He grabs some rope and ties her up, lifting her onto the cart. "Can't be that far to Alache."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
By the time Anthony has finished tying Emma up, he is surrounded by two dozen armed guards, some with crossbows, two beginning to chant a spell, and one handcuffed to Yala.

Jakob elbows his way to the front and points to Anthony. "After we escaped, he pretended to help rescue us just so he could kidnap my daughter again!"

"He would do that," Yala pipes up. "He's a terrible person."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:59 pm 
Anthony claps and says, "Well, Mr. Jakob. Who needs gall and heroism when ya have armed men? The coward can have his daughter." He cuts the rope binding Emma. He then flips over the guards and yells, "Gentlemen, milady-" he nods at Emma, "and Jakob. You will always remember this day as the day you almost caught Anthony Wilson!" He then runs up a tree, and leaps from tree to tree. Maybe he'll find his party. Maybe.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:31 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Incoherent yelling does bother Punchy, who thumps the man on the head with a fist so he will be quiet a moment. Then he notices all the foolishness that Anthony (a prime troublemaker is ever there was one) and Sparrow (who is more trouble than the biggest bigjob ever in a wee small package) and the stranger bigjobs (including the lassie who is quite obviously sweet on th' galoot (not that he ever notices such a thing)) are all getting into.

"Calm down ye daft buggers or I'll thump each an' every one of ye just so I can get some peace an' quiet fer a change!"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:27 am 
Sparrow is still out cold from Zaljan's stone, lying on the ground not too far from Punchy. For the moment, he's remaining quiet, but this state of affairs will probably end as soon as he wakes up. He is also, very uncharacteristically, visible. He doesn't look like he can take even a very slight thumping.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:34 am 
WLM: [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger: Giltaras
AOL: Giltaras
Edric realizes that something unusual is happening, and it occurs to him that perhaps they haven't caught the perpetrator, after all. He sits down Indian-style, with his hat in his lap before him. "Okay, hat, I know you've been working hard today, but we aren't quite done yet. I want you to show me the person who put the original curse on this guy here. Remember to pretend there's light if there is none."

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 136 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG