Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:45 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Skitzophrenik wrote:
"Aye girl, you can. But only if Taddeo goes with you and helps pick out the prettiest ones."

Punchy gives Taddeo a significant look

The actress talking to Yala is the one who played the mage's dark-skinned Islander assistant, though her accent places her as growing up in Alárya. She gapes at Punchy's instruction and asks Yala, "A man watching a girl undress? That's a mite...improper. Are you sure he's human? Other races, other ways, as my Granny used to say."

"I asked but he got mad," Yala replies, her lower lip quivering.

"No worries, dear! Come over here and we'll try some on over your dress. You're such a wee little thing, it won't matter a whit." She draws the girl over to the trunk and sorts through the dresses.

Skitzophrenik wrote:
He goes on a bit, coming from the business and having a good eye for clowning and the like. Punchy isn't shy about the fact that he, like Edric, comes from circus folk.

"... Let me tell you, once you let the elephants out of the box, there's no getting them back in!" he finishes.

The listening women explode with laughter. Amara wipes tears from her eyes. "Sure enough, I don't know why you'd ever leave that business!" she gasps between chuckles.

Dom/SlimKop wrote:
Taddeo deftly unties the cravat, and moves behind his admirer.

"Please, let me see how this would look on you. Your coloring is exquisite."

If his companion acquiesces, he ties the cloth expertly, though very slowly with lingering touches.

"Oh, my, you are a man of skill." The actress strokes the cravat. "I'm Samara. What can I call you?" She unties the cravat and then places his fingers on it, her hands resting on his. "Show me how you did that."

FreakyBoy wrote:
Zaljan has never seen a burlesque show before (the dancing on the island is quite different, indeed!) and thus stays behind to watch this new show.

He sees much lascivious winking and hip gyrating, and, layer by layer, quite a lot of very interesting petticoats, under-petticoats, under-under-petticoats, and Unmentionables.

Stan Cold wrote:
Anthony sighs, and follows the dwarf outside. When he is out, he says, "Alright let's do this for honor or whatever." He proceeds to wield his knife.

Moonforger holds up a finger. "Let me wet my whistle, interloper," he growls, as he pulls a flask the size of a small child from inside his bulky leather jacket. He uncorks it and drinks...and drinks...and drinks.

Finally he wipes his mouth, belches, and peers at Anthony. "Who are you and what do you want?" he grouses.

CCC wrote:
He introduces an illusion; a strong, heavily built human. He's not Edric; but he could easily be mistaken for Edric from a distance, as he has a similar build, similar clothes, and the same colour hair. Similarly, Edric could have been mistaken for him; and if the man was working off a verbal description of Edric, well, the illusion should fit.

On close observation, though, the face is entirely different; the eyes are closer together, the nose has been broken at some point in the past; the lower law protudes slightly; and there's a small scar on his left cheek.

"Hey, you." The voice is deep and brutish, nothing like Edric. "I hear you been asking questions 'bout the bandit attack."

The man whips around, startled--he didn't hear any approaching footfalls--then relaxes slightly and takes another puff on his cigar. "Why do you ask?" he says. "Did they send you, too?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:50 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
Punchy jerks a thumb at Edric.

"This one wanted to, and I've looked after him since we were kids. So when he came to me and said 'Punchy, I went and pissed off the bosses, and I got to get hour of here.' I said I'd come along. Damn fool tried to unionize the clowns."

Punchy calls over to the trunk.

"I just meant that this one is such a clothes horse that he'd have a good eye for dresses. We're not strictly allowed to let miss Yala out of sight you see."

The mirth disappears from Punchy's voice entirely for this last bit.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:06 pm 
"Mr. Posslethwait sent me." replies the illusion. "'Cos I was one of the folk what saw the bandits off. He said I got ta answer your questions wit sensi- sens- something and decor- er -" The illusion frowns, as if trying to remember something, but quickly gives up. "Something. What really means I'm not allowed ta hit you, 'less you hit me first."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:12 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:
"Mr. Posslethwait sent me." replies the illusion. "'Cos I was one of the folk what saw the bandits off. He said I got ta answer your questions wit sensi- sens- something and decor- er -" The illusion frowns, as if trying to remember something, but quickly gives up. "Something. What really means I'm not allowed ta hit you, 'less you hit me first."

The weedy man takes another puff of his cigar. "How do I know you're not putting me on? Give me something I can take back with me."

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm 
An expression of mild panic crosses the illusion's face, and it begins searching its pockets. "Mr. Posslethwait never said nothin' about givin' you nothin'!" it objects. "An' he never gave me nothin' ta give you neither." it adds.

The pocket survey having been completed, the illusion looks at the meagre results; a brightly coloured stone, a few dead flowers, and a dagger. "I'm not giving you me lucky rock!"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
CCC wrote:
An expression of mild panic crosses the illusion's face, and it begins searching its pockets. "Mr. Posslethwait never said nothin' about givin' you nothin'!" it objects. "An' he never gave me nothin' ta give you neither." it adds.

The pocket survey having been completed, the illusion looks at the meagre results; a brightly coloured stone, a few dead flowers, and a dagger. "I'm not giving you me lucky rock!"

The man drops his cigar and stubs it out. "It's too public here. Meet me in the alley across the street in five minutes." He strides away around the tavern toward the busy street out front.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm 
AOL: [email protected]
Anthony swipes his knife at the dwarf's face, not to kill, but to scar. He then walk's back in the tavern, yelling "Never waste my time, dwarf!"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:37 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Skitzophrenik wrote:
Punchy jerks a thumb at Edric.

"This one wanted to, and I've looked after him since we were kids. So when he came to me and said 'Punchy, I went and pissed off the bosses, and I got to get hour of here.' I said I'd come along. Damn fool tried to unionize the clowns."

Punchy calls over to the trunk.

"I just meant that this one is such a clothes horse that he'd have a good eye for dresses. We're not strictly allowed to let miss Yala out of sight you see."

The mirth disappears from Punchy's voice entirely for this last bit.

"Understood, it's just...you meet all sorts on the road, and us girls have to watch out for each other." She taps Yala playfully on the nose and helps her pull a voluminous puffy yellow thing over her head.

"We have oxen. They're nice. Greenleaf said they were good and strong. Do you have oxen on your circus cart?" Yala calls through the mountain of fabric.

"A couple of mean horses. What did you do in the circus, then?" she calls to Edric. "Chew iron and spit out half-cent pieces?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:40 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Stan Cold wrote:
Anthony swipes his knife at the dwarf's face, not to kill, but to scar. He then walk's back in the tavern, yelling "Never waste my time, dwarf!"

The dwarf takes a nasty cut across the forehead, but fortunately he's sloshed enough to be feeling no pain. He falls over backwards, arms and legs waving like a flipped turtle. "I won't forget this insult, you ... whoever you are!"

A weedy-looking man smelling of cigar smoke walks past, shakes his head at the dwarf, and gives Anthony a polite nod before Anthony goes into the tavern.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:30 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
inspiration wrote:
"Oh, my, you are a man of skill." The actress strokes the cravat. "I'm Samara. What can I call you?" She unties the cravat and then places his fingers on it, her hands resting on his. "Show me how you did that."

Thankful that his companions are taking care of the girl, Taddeo returns to his flirtations.

"Taddeo, milady. It is an exquisite pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The fop moves around to face her once more. He bows deeply, sweeping one arm out. With the other, he raises her hand to his lips kissing it.

"It would be my pleasure to instruct you in any manner you would please."

He holds out the cravat to her.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:20 pm 
Back in the tavern and not seeing company, Anthony searches for some ladies.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Yala is a little hill of poofy yellow roses topped by a gigantic yellow headscarf covered in yellow feathers that keeps slipping down over her face. She looks around, parting the feathers so she can peer through them. Then she goes running down the path toward the stable and disappears around the side of the stage.

Dom/SlimKop wrote:
"Taddeo, milady. It is an exquisite pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The fop moves around to face her once more. He bows deeply, sweeping one arm out. With the other, he raises her hand to his lips kissing it.

"It would be my pleasure to instruct you in any manner you would please."

He holds out the cravat to her.

"Oh, my." She coyly ties the cravat around her neck, tucking the ends into the front of her shirt. "Do you really know how to use that sword you carry?"

Stan Cold wrote:
Back in the tavern and not seeing company, Anthony searches for some ladies.

A light-skinned woman in a scandalously low cut bodice and full skirt sidles up to him. "New in town, honey?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm 
"Why yes. Yes I am. Just seeing the shows and the sights, and my, what a sight we have here." He looks up and down the woman. "What's your name?"

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 pm 
Senior Community Staff
Senior Community Staff
Stan Cold wrote:
"Why yes. Yes I am. Just seeing the shows and the sights, and my, what a sight we have here." He looks up and down the woman. "What's your name?"

"Most call me Ginger, but you can call me whatever you like." She guides him over to the bar, leading with her expansive rack, and tries to pick his pocket in the process.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:51 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Zaljan gets bored of the burlesque show by the time it reaches unmentionables, and wanders back stage, looking like a tourist.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 138 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG