Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:22 am 
AOL: [email protected]
About a year after Gollum bit Fordo's finger off and fell into the fires of Mount Doom, not much was going on. But one group of brave adventurers were determined to do something epic. And that is why you are in The Green Dragon Inn, talking to an old man at a dark table in the corner. He tells of a quest that's target is conveniently located on the other end of Middle-earth. For there is a villain who plans to rule all of the world, and you must stop him. Sounds like a jolly good time if you ask me.

So, I decided to run the game I previously mentioned, although I changed the system to modern Lord of the Rings RPG system. So if you're interested in playing, here's some character making basics.

Name: Self-explanatory.

Age: Certain ages for certain races that have certain modifiers. Certainly.

Race: You have some choices here. Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits or Men.

Order: Or class, if you will. The basic classes are Barbarian, Craftsman, Loremaster, Magician, Mariner, Minstrel, Nobel, Rogue or Warrior.

Appearance: What does your character look like?

Backstory: What is your character's history?

Abilities: I'll use the pick system on this. You assign these numbers, (10, 9, 7, 7, 5, 4) to the following attributes however you wish. Then assign 8 more points.

Bearings (BRG)
Nimbleness (NIM)
Perception (PER)
Strength (STR)
Vitality (VIT)
Wits (WIT)

Skills: These really depend on your race and order. So you could PM me the rest of the information and I can give you a few choices.

Edges: See Skills.

Flaws: See Skills.

So, with that out of the way, if anybody has questions, I'll make another info post.

EDIT: Forgot one of the core mechanics of RPGs, abilities.

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG