Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:21 am 
Website: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=122705047
WLM: [email protected]
AOL: marauderpilot
*Speech! Speech!*
Yes, as of today at...uh...I dunno, some time this afternoon, I will have been a Sluggite for a year! Yay me! One year of regular posting (Minus the summer). Wow. It seems like much less time! I guess time flies when you're having fun...
*And does that mean that your speech will never end?*
Bite me. I'm officially a veteran of the Sluggy boards, I can rant on if I damn well want to...
But, seriously, though. I'd like to thank everybody here for making this community, and making me feel a part of it right from the beginning. I'd never been on a 'fan' type forum before-only the WizKids MWDA and MWRealms forums, and some random other ones that I never bothered to stay with. And I've recently left MWDA, so Sluggy is now my official regular forum. But Sluggy has always been my favorite by far.
Even the response to my intro thread really made me feel welcome. Most other forums have something to the effect of 'Hey, hi, welcome, whatever, don't hurt yourself.' or 'Damn. Another n00b.' But here, I was showered with 'gifts' (Several of which I still remember-Queso's spraycheese, Mecha's ruler, FTM's tacos, Axel's booze of choice, and I think there was a vartini in there somewhere, too...) and welcomed with, well, enthusiasim.
And pardon the spelling, it's 8:12 in the morning, and I'm scraping togther internet time at the school library before class.
But, I digress. I'd just like to say how awesome my year on Sluggy has been. Things have changed-both for me and the forum in general. Obviously, the new forum itself. And the posters have changed in and out-people have left, new ones have arrived, etc. And my posting habits have changed, too. I started off almost totally in WGARS, now, I don't visit it often. The FRPG forum was a weird, scary, cult-like place. Now, I'm in several RPGs, and about to try and re-launch my own*. General Chat is much less scary, now that the POOP has been shoveled. GRPG is still a scary, cult-like place to me, though. Eh. And everything else is still pretty much the same, but that doesn't matter. It's still Sluggy.net, and it's still home to me.
So, thanks, Sluggites. And here's to another year! Or two! Or whatever!
*Raises glass*
*Puts balloon on mailbox*
Par-tay ovah here!

*Yes, I'm about ready to try again with Dire Legion. New story, new characters, slightly different timeline-3025, this time-and I actually have a concrete plan for most of the game, not just the beginning and the end. So, anyone who's interested can drop me a PM, or whatever, or just wait until I get the new thread up when I get my PC back.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:29 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
Yay! Murr's a yearling!

*this time, sprays the cheese on him*

:kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:18 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Hmm. A POOP basher. Better wash those hands before you try these finger sandwiches.

*hands over sandwiches*

The whole wheat have real fingers. The white are cucumbarr sandwiches; for well bred pirates (in that case, they're fingarrr sandwiches). They go great with a nice snifter of grog, or a glass of sherry. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go get tipsy and then wire up something explosive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:42 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Happy anniversary, MP! Though I didn't join the boards until last October, I've been reading Sluggy for just about a year now, so it's a bit of a celebration for me, too!

I understand totally what you say about Sluggy.net; I've never been on a forum before at all, and never wanted to, until I came here. The people are fun, intelligent and creative and it quickly came to feel really homey. So, here's to the Sluggy boards and to your anniversary!

*toasts with an appropriately-named Cerebral Hemorrhage*

Oh, and I also brought fireworks.

Fffwhishhhhhh....

BANG!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:54 am 
FIREWORKS!
*Hugs LadyBlanc*
*Takes fireworks, car and a lighter*
Back in 10!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:06 am 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
9! :kiki:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:20 am 
AOL: captplati
Location: To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it
*Waddles in. Sets up speakers, turn table, CD player. Bolts a shiny disco ball into the ceiling*

Hope you like the ball...its not going anywhere. Happy anniversary. I brought sodas for everyone. As usual, Pizza is on me an will be here within the hour!!

*Hands out party hats and horns*

Party like its 2005...oh...wait...it still is.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:43 am 
AAH! Disco! It BUURRNNSS!
*Shoots disco ball with fireworks*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:58 am 
AOL: Hoikeu
(arrives in style. Via drop pod)

Dang... sorry about whosever car that was...

yay for marauder...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:47 pm 
Yahoo Messenger: jeffreycham
AOL: aslomnackle
Location: Ruling over WGARSia with an Iron Fist. Okay, more of a squishy fist, but still...
"yes...this party will give me excellent cover for my next attempt at conquering WGARSIA...hey, wait...is that free soda?"

K-Bob arrives, and quickly drops his original plans of eliminating the oposition in favor of getting all sodaed (and liquored) up.

"I bringeth to thou...whiskey. And moonshine. And all of those other great homebrewed drinks." K-Bob holds up an unlabelled gallon jug. "I'm not really sure what this stuff is, per se, but it degreased my engine pretty well. Who wants some? 21 and over only, please, IDs (or good fakes) required."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:05 pm 
AOL: alkthash
"Feh, who needs bootlegged beer, when I bring beer from the future!"

With that Crake removes a convieniently placed viel and declares,
"I give you synthol! All the alcholic goodness, with increased libido and magnified sensations! Drink to you hearts content and get drunk in a whole new way!"

Last edited by Crake on Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:13 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
What, that silly Next Generation stuff? Forget that! I want some...er, you know. It's--it's--GREEN!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
AOL: gregnier
Twitter: BaronJayne
Wow, now you're making me feel OOOOOLLLDDD... i remember when M_P joined us... I remember in intros i posted something like "My Thunderbolt will Eat your Marauder." and thus, the debate began.

For your year celebration M_P, i grant you a new shiney updated Spiked Battle Marshmallow, Mark2! May your Marauder use it.... um.... damn no hands... oh well, i guess you can weld it to the weaponpod.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:53 pm 
Location: Obscurity. No, not Relative Obscurity, you've passed it a few miles back.
*steps out from everyone's blind spot to suddenly materialize in the air*

Happy anniversary M_P! Mysterious flasks for everyone!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:56 pm 
Congrats to the Marauder Pilot!

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG