Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Seems OK here.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 am 
Sept 19...Can do...

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
So, we closing out the summer of our discontent?

Post Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
So tomorrow is the 2 week mark: are we playing? Or am I confused with thinking we were going to play in 2 weeks... I can't find an email stating that so it might just be me mixing it up.

Anyway, when are people free?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:06 am 
So... next game? Did everyone fall off the face of the Earth? We're fast approaching that familiar holiday season where no one is available for months.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:27 pm 
Yea, verily, I have oft wondered upon this very topic, but had waited patiently until now. We are all, no doubt, in need of some gratuitous violence and unspecified insanity. My weekends are generally free, except for EllisCon (Nov 14th)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:37 pm 
AOL: LisaMaesie
Thanksgiving is bad. We may be unavailable at short notice due to potentially moving, if we ever get an actual fixed and immobile closing date. Other than that...? Who knows?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Given a bit of warning, I'm mostly free for the weekends. Otherwise I'm trying to turn clay into garden (with limited success).

Post Posted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:15 pm 
This is a test... this is only a test ... 1... 2 ... 3 ...is there any intelligent life out there?

Can anyone hear me?

I have these vague delusions of colorful polyhedral shapes wafting through the air, and landing with some concern....why is the number 20 so important, and why do I feel unnerved by the number 1?

I'm sure it's nothing.

Right?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:39 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Intelligent? Surely you jest.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:10 am 
I never jest... and don't call me Surely...

(you didn't think I'd pass that one up, did you?)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:30 pm 
Did we ever decide on a date? Last I heard it was a tossup between the 30th and the 13th?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 am 
I meant to do this yesterday! Bad Lisa.

The party headed back towards the town that nobody can remember the name of, the one where they'd originally met the Left Hand, with Bob, girlfriend Letier, and two prisoners in tow. As night started to fall on our journey, we decided to stop at a farmhouse and request lodging in the barn for the night. The farmer, after hearing enough of the story to feel comfortable with us, insisted that the two prisoners be locked up in an extra-secure stall he'd built for an unruly horse, who was no longer around - and that he'd keep the key. The party agreed, and settled in for dinner.

The women of the household took Letier away after dinner, telling both Bob and Geena (who had been sticking with her to make sure she felt safe) to get lost. The party headed back out to the barn and slept most of the way through the night.

They were awoken before the farm chores had started by loud thunder and driving rain. Pretty soon they were helping out with the morning chores around the farmhouse, and eating a delicious breakfast. The farmer's wife told Bob that it would be best if Letier could stay at least another day, if not longer, and that it was definitely not okay for Bob to be the only one to stay behind and wait for her.

The party discussed the relative merits of splitting the party or staying longer. The paladin expressed concern to the head farmer, John, that someone might be after the prisoners, as they were witnesses. The farmer said they'd be willing to let us stay another day and take the risk, but not much longer than that. He also suggested that the prisoners, being slavers, may be better off in a large pit for the night, but we did not take him up on that.

The day progressed, and everyone lent a hand in the chores, as well as taking a look at some of the animals who needed medical care, and helping to fix any repairs that needed some extra hands. The rain passed, and eventually Letier came out, still a little shell shocked but definitely better. I think it was at this point that she told Bob that she wanted to get married, which made Bob very happy.

As night approached, the wizard suggested to Bob and Letier that they could have a bit more private space if they wanted, but Letier's reaction suggested she was certainly not ready for that. They picked a corner of the hayloft and everyone settled down for the night. Watches were kept, but nothing seemed to happen, until Letier woke up screaming from a nightmare.

Everyone was about to settle back down to sleep again as Bob comforted Letier, when suddenly Bob said, "I didn't know the window was open." (I know he didn't say window, I just can't remember the word he used.) This led to a search of the area. The sorceress had Elephant look in on the prisoners, who seemed to still be asleep. She thought that was suspicious, considering the screaming and noise, so she flew herself over the stall door to check on them. After some investigation, she found that they were unconscious at best, with little darts sticking out of them. She carefully removed the darts and checked both for life signs. One was still breathing, but barely. She called for help to the other party members, who got the door open quickly and came to help.

The thief had gone to search the area, and the fighter headed to the farmhouse to check on the farmers. John was more than a little grumpy to be woken, and didn't feel like the fighter was giving him the full story. So he headed out to the barn to see what was really going on.

The cleric did his best to help the still-living prisoner. It was decided that it was too dangerous to leave while it was still night, since the darts were identified as Drow, but a plan was formulated to use magical steeds to run both prisoners to the town, and get them in the hands of the authorities. The rest of the party would follow at the slower pace of the mule with the wagon, and the party that had gone ahead would come back to meet them.

For once, this plan went off without much of a hitch. The paladin tried to give the prisoners to a local guard leader (I think that was his position?), but the Left Hand showed up, and after a bit of posturing, took possession of the living prisoner. The dead one was disposed of appropriately.

The trip back to Poisson was more or less uneventful. Along the way we reached a group of people that we had previously suggested should relocate to our town, and we slowed our pace to travel with them.

Once home again, the paladin settled back in with his wife, who was only a couple of months away from giving birth at this point. Bob and Letier started looking into arrangements to marry. Sionas was very interested in trying to figure out what had happened to our bright red, blue haired thief. The sorceress took the fighter up to the barracks, figuring she could find people to practice with, and hopefully make some friends. And some of the party members started seriously thinking about retiring from the adventuring life.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:29 am 
And as it's been over a year since we played, I'm thinking that's exactly what they did. ;-)

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG