Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:23 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix awkwardly coughs. Maybe he should get the ball rolling after all.

"Your majesty," he starts. "Once we start getting caught up on the details, I would like to discuss how the relationship between the Crown and our Colony would best go forward. We've been forced to act in the capacity of warriors and investigators these past few months and our aid has such been primarily focused on us few here."

Felix coughs.

"If both our peoples work together, I believe we Terrans can leverage the full weight of our knowledge and engineering capabilities to help the alliance. Construction. Infrastructure. Transit. Production of goods. Production of food. Production of medicine. Doctors and medics tending to injury and managing disease. The specifics are hard to describe in any significant detail on short notice, but I believe there's plenty of room to work things out."

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2023 3:52 am 
"Indeed," nods the Queen. "On logistical matters, I believe you are familiar with the Earl of Lenda?"

You have met him before; an elderly career bureaucrat who managed to retain his position under Raven's rule by a mix of being totally inoffensive while at the same time being very, very familiar with all of the rules, particularly the ones about when it is not permissible to remove a bureaucrat. Having spent the last few years more or less sitting quietly in meetings (and slipping important bits of information to the Pandions on the quiet), he's probably going to be fairly eager to lead a project that will bring lasting benefits to his country (more than simply getting rid of the usurper). He will also know exactly how to make everything perfectly legal under the local laws.

"Lenda has Our full trust in this matter," continues the Queen, "and will indubitably be the best person to lead such a joint project." She does not explicitly point out that Lenda, who has not been imprisoned in diamond for the past few months, also has a good idea of the current state of the Kingdom and thus where interventions are most needed.

Last edited by CCC on Wed May 31, 2023 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 1:02 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "We are acquainted with his lordship. If I may: will he have authority over royal tax matters in the region of the Fangorn forest? There are some arrangements that would be mutually beneficial, but he would need to be able to make that decision on your behalf."

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2023 11:55 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I would quite like to see the Earl of Lenda again soon to begin work," Felix says. "Always something to do."

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 3:36 am 
The Queen smiles sweetly at Arkady. "What makes you think that I would not agree with my chosen representative on tax matters?" she asks, very sweetly.

Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:46 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady half shrugs. "Your Majesty, there are probably more protocols involving taxation than there are places that collect them. I just wanted to clarify yours in this regard so we don't accidentally neglect something or someone."

How annoyed is she?

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:33 am 
Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: +1 Total: +6
Queen Cehlana: Resolve: +3 Roll: -2 Total: +1

She's not annoyed at all. She's amused. Internally, she's quietly chuckling.

Arkady gets the impression that she's a lot sharper, and a far better negotiator, than she looks; and given that you helped save her life, you currently have a lot of goodwill with her. But she also has a mischievous streak, and she loves to occasionally ask someone a scary question and watch them jump.

She chuckles lightly on the outside as well. "Don't worry about that," she says. "If there is anything that Lenda doesn't know about the tax laws, unlikely as that seems, then he knows exactly where to look it up."

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:44 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
The Queen really does need time to catch up on events and Felix is quite eager to.get a move on discussing the future, so he'd like to bid appropriate farewells, leave her to her business, and go talk to Earl Lenda post haste.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:14 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady is also quite content to take his leave. The pesky ambassadors have to leave the room before everyone can start politely trashing them, after all.
He nods politely. "In that case, with your leave we will go find his Lordship."

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:25 am 
And so the group heads off to find somewhere to sleep.

The Palace's security is not quite guaranteed, so Platime puts some people that he trusts to the task of watching over your safety. Platime being Platime, the people in question are two thieves, a mugger, and one lady in a remarkably low-cut dress who offers to help out should anyone find their bed too cold. (The various Knights mostly end up sleeping a little way down the corridor, where a yell can bring them at a moment's notice).

Whatever, else one may say about them, it seems that Platime's trust is not misplaced; your night's rest is not interrupted, and your FATE points refresh.

And when you wake up in the morning, you will be informed that Lenda has arrived, and will meet you in the dining hall over breakfast.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:07 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix arrives with documentation. Limited notes on Terran crafting ability. Proposals for having trained medical staff setting up clinics. A satellite image of Fangorn Forest and the surrounding swamps, fields, and villages with proposals for large scale Terran managed farms. A similar image of Cimmura and surrounding lands with a proposal for constructing water management facilities to pipe in fresh clean water plus a waste water management facility to help keep the city clean and produce valuable fertilizer for the fields (and rid the city of the abhorrent stench that plagues the nose every time he has to spend time there).

"Greetings, Earl of Lenda. It has been quite some time."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:57 pm 
Unfortunately lacking a printer, Felix's copious documentation is all present on the tablet; there is, fortunately, a spare tablet for Lenda to peruse the documentation himself.

"It has indeed! And what an excellent morning it is, with our Queen once more restored to her health!"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:22 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "We may even be able to drink tea together without being assassinated shortly afterward. Her new head of security is seeming to be efficient. Have you spoken with him yet?"

While he speaks he offers the earl a cup.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:05 am 
"Not yet, but he's certainly got a lot of people around the place looking out for things. Thank you."

The Earl accepts the tea.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:02 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Right, so Her Majesty informed us you had her full confidence in handling matters of state until she gets caught back up on things, so..."

Felix places the tablets down so they may be used in the discussions.

"There's a lot I want to get into, but I think the first order of business is determining the proper protocols for how our two peoples interact as political entities. Right now we just have a treaty granting us access to the Fangorn forest and surrounding swamp, but I think I'd like to increase the depth and scope of interaction. Business arrangements. Contracts. Construction permits. Established channels of communication. That sort of thing."

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG