Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Well, he's ambulatory at least," Felix says."Can you understand what we're saying?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:34 am 
The man simply stares blankly in response to Felix' question.

"Hmmm." Sephrenia frowns. "I was afraid that something like this might happen. But let's check - raise your left hand."

The peasant instantly raises his left hand.

Sephrenia nods. "As I'd feared." She looks over the rest of the peasants, and sighs. "He is healthy, ambulatory, and physically well. However, the mental effects of the poison have not been reversed. He cannot, at present, decide things for himself - his willpower is either still paralysed or completely dead. He will simply do as he is told. ...I have no idea whether this will wear off or can be healed."

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady nods. "Something for our doctors to try to figure out, then." Then he looks at Ivan. "I am told you are an expert at estate management, which means you must know how peasant property rights work. What would happen to their farms and goods while we try to heal them?"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:28 am 
"Um. Um. Legally, it would go to their relatives. Brother first, then father, then uncle... there's an order of precedence. If there are no relatives, then it would revert back to the local Baron, who could then give it to other people as he wishes."

Ivan takes a deep breath. "Practically, these people just vanished without much warning or hint where they were going. It's, um, it's probably going to be quite some time before anyone is particularly willing to work those farms, for fear that whatever happened to them might happen again."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:07 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"Does it help that we know what caused them to disappear, and killed it?"

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Scientists in our world disproved all kinds of supernatural phenomenon and yet we still had people believing in Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Now we have actual ghosts, dragons, trolls, magic, and zombifying enslaving giant insects. We tell people the threat is gone they'll hyper focus on the threat existing at all to begin with and be even more determined to stay away."

Felix gingerly massages his temples as he talks. The effort of talking is almost not worth it to him at the moment.

"It's extremely callous to bring it up after all the horror that happened, but if no one is willing to look after the land we could probably make use of it. At least while the Baron looks for others willing to come farm it for him. If a war with Azash is likely we could use some of our ranching and agricultural techniques to help supply the Elene nations with much needed food to help prevent famine. Armies don't march on their stomachs after all."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:16 pm 
"Careful Felix, or the rumors will be WE did this to them to take their land."

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:22 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Felix scratches his head.

"They wouldn't have been hurt in the first place if I'd managed to stop the Seeker back at Chyrellos."

Felix sighs, gesturing at the man who is in an extreme state of suggestion.

"I just want to try and cure the people who are like that and to make sure they have homes they can go to when they are. People died because of my inaction."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:36 am 
"...those farms are... probably not going to stay abandoned for, um, too long," suggests Ivan. "The local baron might move in people from somewhere distant or something. But - this amount of people? A place can be found for them, once they're healed, I'm sure."

"If you want land," suggests Talen, "I bet the easiest way to make that happen is to have a Queen who's grateful to you for saving her life."

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:17 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady considers the two knights: "Is there anything we should be knowing about Church law that might apply?"

Then he turns to the newly healed farmer. "Tell me your name." Because if asking questions won't work, perhaps giving orders will.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 pm 
'We could return to the area in which we found them, try to get some positive identifications at least..."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:24 am 
"Your name," says the farmer, proving that his voice works.

"Memory might not return immediately," muses Sephrenia. "Oh, and, lower your left hand again."

The farmer does so.

"The local baron should be able to identify his tenants, or at least know someone who would," suggests Sir Sparhawk.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:19 pm 
"We're off to see the Baron, the wonderful Baron of....whatever the local barony is called here I dunno." Roger says in a sing-song voice.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"I think we should do that later," Felix says. "Let's get back to the ship, drop these people off, and use the Rose to make them all ambulatory again. Doc Vanderbilt can see about doing some CT scans. See if any of our neurology experts can figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. We can come back to the Baron later."

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:05 pm 
"I just figured the Baron was on our way back... Beg pardon Felix, but shouldn't we go to the *Capital* first, and you know, heal the Queen?"

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG