Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:05 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8966
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Well, he's ambulatory at least," Felix says."Can you understand what we're saying?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11257
The man simply stares blankly in response to Felix' question.

"Hmmm." Sephrenia frowns. "I was afraid that something like this might happen. But let's check - raise your left hand."

The peasant instantly raises his left hand.

Sephrenia nods. "As I'd feared." She looks over the rest of the peasants, and sighs. "He is healthy, ambulatory, and physically well. However, the mental effects of the poison have not been reversed. He cannot, at present, decide things for himself - his willpower is either still paralysed or completely dead. He will simply do as he is told. ...I have no idea whether this will wear off or can be healed."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:38 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15630
Location: Yes.
Arkady nods. "Something for our doctors to try to figure out, then." Then he looks at Ivan. "I am told you are an expert at estate management, which means you must know how peasant property rights work. What would happen to their farms and goods while we try to heal them?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11257
"Um. Um. Legally, it would go to their relatives. Brother first, then father, then uncle... there's an order of precedence. If there are no relatives, then it would revert back to the local Baron, who could then give it to other people as he wishes."

Ivan takes a deep breath. "Practically, these people just vanished without much warning or hint where they were going. It's, um, it's probably going to be quite some time before anyone is particularly willing to work those farms, for fear that whatever happened to them might happen again."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:07 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3292
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"Does it help that we know what caused them to disappear, and killed it?"

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:30 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8966
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Scientists in our world disproved all kinds of supernatural phenomenon and yet we still had people believing in Big Foot and the Loch Ness Monster. Now we have actual ghosts, dragons, trolls, magic, and zombifying enslaving giant insects. We tell people the threat is gone they'll hyper focus on the threat existing at all to begin with and be even more determined to stay away."

Felix gingerly massages his temples as he talks. The effort of talking is almost not worth it to him at the moment.

"It's extremely callous to bring it up after all the horror that happened, but if no one is willing to look after the land we could probably make use of it. At least while the Baron looks for others willing to come farm it for him. If a war with Azash is likely we could use some of our ranching and agricultural techniques to help supply the Elene nations with much needed food to help prevent famine. Armies don't march on their stomachs after all."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:16 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3292
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"Careful Felix, or the rumors will be WE did this to them to take their land."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:22 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8966
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix scratches his head.

"They wouldn't have been hurt in the first place if I'd managed to stop the Seeker back at Chyrellos."

Felix sighs, gesturing at the man who is in an extreme state of suggestion.

"I just want to try and cure the people who are like that and to make sure they have homes they can go to when they are. People died because of my inaction."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:36 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11257
"...those farms are... probably not going to stay abandoned for, um, too long," suggests Ivan. "The local baron might move in people from somewhere distant or something. But - this amount of people? A place can be found for them, once they're healed, I'm sure."

"If you want land," suggests Talen, "I bet the easiest way to make that happen is to have a Queen who's grateful to you for saving her life."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:17 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15630
Location: Yes.
Arkady considers the two knights: "Is there anything we should be knowing about Church law that might apply?"

Then he turns to the newly healed farmer. "Tell me your name." Because if asking questions won't work, perhaps giving orders will.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3292
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
'We could return to the area in which we found them, try to get some positive identifications at least..."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:24 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 11257
"Your name," says the farmer, proving that his voice works.

"Memory might not return immediately," muses Sephrenia. "Oh, and, lower your left hand again."

The farmer does so.

"The local baron should be able to identify his tenants, or at least know someone who would," suggests Sir Sparhawk.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:19 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3292
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"We're off to see the Baron, the wonderful Baron of....whatever the local barony is called here I dunno." Roger says in a sing-song voice.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8966
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I think we should do that later," Felix says. "Let's get back to the ship, drop these people off, and use the Rose to make them all ambulatory again. Doc Vanderbilt can see about doing some CT scans. See if any of our neurology experts can figure out what went wrong and how to fix it. We can come back to the Baron later."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:05 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:00 am
Posts: 3292
AOL: Dodger724
Location: Relative Obscurity
"I just figured the Baron was on our way back... Beg pardon Felix, but shouldn't we go to the *Capital* first, and you know, heal the Queen?"

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 973 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: