Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:51 pm 
Member of the Fraternal Order of the Emergency Pants
AOL: Dodger724
"Great. If this thing is going to leech a corrupting influence, maybe we should have kept the troll alive to give the Rose back when we're done with it."

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:09 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Now rather curious, Arkady digs out the RDF. And a multi-spectrum night sight. And a geiger counter. He then examines the Rose. Though he does ask Felix "Don't we have any sheet steel in the repair supplies?"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:18 am 
Sparhawk shakes his head. "It's a new helmet design, really. Slightly less weight, but at the same time better protection against a blow from the upper-left. The previous design was a little weak there."

Arkady tries to see if the Rose is leeching any sort of influence...

Arkady: Engineering: +4 Roll: +0 Total: +4 Success!

No radiation. No infrared. But it is the source of a lot of radio noise, easily overwhelming the radio-noise sources that you had previously found.

--------------

The emergency piece of sheet metal for repairs is packed in underneath everything else. There's not much, but there is just about enough to turn Sir Sparhawk's helmet into a faraday cage.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix is just about to start sawing off a corner of the hood when Theresa taps him on the shoulder and hands him the plate of sheet metal.

"Ahh, thanks," Felix says. "I might be more concussed than I thought... anyway, time to play with obscene amounts of electricity."

Theresa gently takes the welder out of his hand before he can begin hooking it up and hands it to Arkady.

"Right..." Felix says. "Probably for the best."

He turns to Sir Sparhawk.

"I'll make you a new helmet when my doctor here has cleared me to work with machinery again. For now I think someone less concussed than me should be using the potential of stored lightning to fast weld a cage of iron for the Rose."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:14 am 
Theresa is indubitably working for the best here.

"There's a lot of design that goes into a good helmet," points out Sir Sparhawk. "I'm not sure how well your designs would work with Pandion fighting styles; it would probably be easier all around if I simply get a new helmet the next time I'm at the Chapterhouse."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"'S'all good," Felix says. "I can just account for the day to day needs and expected forces and stressors the helmet would be subject to. Roger can help me set up a computer program that'll run simulations on what the helmet designs can endure based on what material they're made of..."

Felix sways a little bit before sitting down.

"Then put instructions into a CAD program and have one of our robut... machiim... mechanical auto builder doohickeys build the individual parts that we can then weld together over a comfortable fraam that cushions impact forces and keeps things like troll fists from scrambling yer gray matter.."

He leans back against the tree and closes his eyes. It won't stop the spinning but he might at least avoid seeing anything spinning.

"Probably could have used one today. Anyway we're really good at building stuff. Helmets included."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:31 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady looks at the welder, then looks over at the machine gun. He snorts and puts the welder away; then digs out a small towel and some string which he hands to Sir Sparhawk. "Please wrap the Rose in that and tie it shut." While Sparhawk is doing that he unloads a box of ammo and transfers the belt of bullets to a plastic bag (which he stows in the same spot the box was in). "Don't be worrying too much, Roger; it's just a radio source." Then he brings the ammo can over to Sparhawk and puts it down. "Just drop it in there." After fastening the can closed, he hands the helmet back: "I am hoping you are not too hurt that this wasn't ruined."

Finally he tells Lady Sephrania: "A Terran named Michael Faraday first described the kind of container you want here, so we call it a Faraday Cage. In case you ever need to ask one of us for another."

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:09 pm 
Lady Sephrenia takes a look over the box, touches it briefly, then declares it quite sufficient.

"Anyone may safely move the box," she says, "while it is closed. For safety, none should touch the Rose outside of the box unless wearing both rings; and any person who does so should above all guard their tongue, for the Rose shall do what that person asks; with the request as interpreted by the Troll-gods."

She steps slightly away from the box, and nods. "In this way, the Rose can be transported safely, and, with great care, used."

"I think I can live with a helmet that's not completely ruined," smiles Sir Sparhawk.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:03 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady stashes the box in the truck, and then uses the RDF to see if the truck will need to be grounded. If so he handles it with a length or two of chain. He's also curious if Piper and Sephrenia are giving off radio, now that the major source of such radiation is under wraps.

Then he looks at the bodies in the truck and turns to Sephrenia. "Lady Sephrenia, we've got a number of the Seeker's victims here. Using the Rose, can you cure them?"

Post Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:30 am 
"I won't be touching the Rose," says Sephrenia, firmly. "But it's possible that Sir Sparhawk can help those poor peasants, yes. Do you know how long ago the Seeker bit them?"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:01 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady shrugs. "More than two days, less than a week?"

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:55 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
"Azash didn't seem to have much care for those bitten," Felix says, with his head leaned back and his hand covering his eyes. "The horses were run literally to death and the people were ran similarly. Assuming no stopping for water breaks, three days as an upper limit."

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:08 am 
Sephrenia nods. "Good, then it's possible that they're still alive. Alright. Let's test this. Sparhawk, bring the Rose, but don't take it out of the box yet."

Sparhawk dutifully brings over the Rose and the ammunition box that contains it, while Sephrenia closely inspects the eyes of the first peasant. Whatever she sees in there seems to satisfy her.

"Making sure that both rings are touching the Rose," she says, "put it to this man's heart and tell it to heal him."

Sir Sparhawk does so, pressing the Rose against the man's heart. "Heal this man!"

The man gasps, his eyes flying open - the IV needle shoots out of his arm at if it had been fired from a bow! The peasant's half-starved body fills out, and he no longer looks as if he had been run to exhaustion; close inspection will also show that there is no hole in his arm where the needle was.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:12 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Arkady takes the man's hand. "You're safe, friend. The monster is dead." Helping him to sit up he says "I am Arkady. What is your name?"

Post Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:42 am 
The man sits up, but looks blankly ahead and doesn't answer Arkady's question.

Arkady: Empathy: +5 Roll: -3 Total: +2

Arkady can't read any reaction to his question at all. Perhaps the man is deaf?

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG