Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ] 
 
Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:13 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Well we've got a source of metal for repairs covered and wood for fuel can be gathered during downtime in between trips, so those aren't major worries," Felix says.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
"Food and wood won't be a problem," nods Vanire. "Metal - I know that you get different types and grades of the stuff, and I don't know the specifics of what you'd need; I can't promise anything on that front. Some types we have more access to than other types; the higher-quality steels tend to go into our swords and armour, and the type of metal is important as well."

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:55 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"The food issue should be the major sticking point, at any rate. So long as that's covered," Felix says.

Felix is ready to move on whenever.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:54 am 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15314
Location: Yes.
Arkady is ready to go. Arguing with David about sealant will be fun...

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:13 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
And the question that I should have asked last time but didn't - is there anything else that anyone wants to do, visit, or accomplish after leaving Vanire but before heading through the forest to the Ship?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Not that I'm immediately aware of. I'm ready to head back.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:11 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15314
Location: Yes.
Unless someone else just started speaking Elene, nothing. If someone did, then Arkady is going to make inquiries.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
Theresa does seem to suddenly gain fluency in the Elene tongue out of nowhere; presumably Arkady starts making enquiries. Would anyone like to answer those enquiries, offer theories and guesses, or otherwise comment on Theresa's new fluency?

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:38 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
If he does, Felix will say that he made an inquiry of his own and came to his own conclusion on certain temporal matters. He'll suggest to Arkady that maybe there is more to his exorcisms than he might have previously considered and that he should consult his favorite book for other things people have asked God for over the centuries beyond casting out demons.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:09 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 15314
Location: Yes.
Arkady listens, sighs, and nods. "I see. Who did you ask?"

But that said, it's travelling time.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:25 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say, but you've already met them," Felix says.

Felix is also ready to travel.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:45 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
You're holding this conversation while on the road. At about this point, an attentive viewer will notice a column of smoke some distance away - in the middle of the trees of Fangorn Forest. It's too big for an ordinary campfire - the smoke suggests a blaze somewhere along the size of "bonfire" or "house on fire".

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:14 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Huh... that is somewhat concerning. Probably a good idea to check that out."

Felix tries to get an idea of his surroundings so he can figure out if the smoke is coming from the ship or the same area as the ship.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:00 am
Posts: 10929
The smoke is coming from nowhere near the Ship.

It is, however, coming from an area of thick forest that - due to the presence of very large trees - cannot be directly approached by truck, and must be approached on foot.

Top 
   
 Post Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:09 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
User avatar
Offline
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:16 am
Posts: 8699
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Felix would definitely like to approach. A fire of that size is noteworthy, for good or ill.

Top 
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Freestyle RPG


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: