Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:34 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
Yahoo Messenger: shinarimaia
AOL: TamirDM
Ask away: either here, or by PM, or by IM. Whatever.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm 
Moderator of DOOM!
Moderator of DOOM!
Since I've gotten some questions; Fringeworthy is taking new players for a separate parallel adventure. If anyone wants to be in on that, of course.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:35 pm 
OK, FB is Star Wars still open?

and WM, could you give a brief description of Fringeworthy?

For either of you, would it be a good idea for me to read through one of the current game threads and then, if I still don't get it, come to you with questions?

Yeah, I will go that route and then type again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:16 am 
In case no one noticed from my decided lack of posting, all of my games are on indefinite hold.

I really feel bad about this, seeing as it's happened before; I'd like to say I have a good reason other than 'got busy with other things', but I can't. And some new twists in my personal life have pretty much guarenteed this hiatus will be extended for a while.

Sorry to all the people playing in my games. I'd say they might come back, but I'm thinking it might be kinder to just kill them outright and not risk this happening again.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:45 am 
Star Wars is technically open, but the story is at a point that adding a new player really isn't feasible. I try to avoid the clichéd meeting-in-a-tavern and rescuing-a-prisoner group meet-up scenarios.

As for getting a feeling for games, reading through game threads can help, but isn't necessary - typically when a game is at a good point to introduce new characters, knowledge of past events isn't necessary (though, depending on circumstances, it can help you make a character that fits.) More necessary would be reading the out-of-character threads, which will have rules and give a rough feeling for the tone of the game.

Of course, if a game you're interested in isn't at a point where you can easily join up, reading all the game threads is a good way to pass time.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:04 pm 
Thanks, will do.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:27 pm 
Celadon wrote:
In case no one noticed from my decided lack of posting, all of my games are on indefinite hold.

I really feel bad about this, seeing as it's happened before; I'd like to say I have a good reason other than 'got busy with other things', but I can't. And some new twists in my personal life have pretty much guarenteed this hiatus will be extended for a while.

Sorry to all the people playing in my games. I'd say they might come back, but I'm thinking it might be kinder to just kill them outright and not risk this happening again.

Expression of discontent and unhappiness.

I was really enjoying playing Doggie. And Sparrow was fun, too...

If another game that either of them can fit into turns up, I'll have to see if I can get them in.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 pm 
AOL: quesoLOCO27
In order to catch the attention of those who do not often venture into FRPG, I'm looking for players for a game of Werewolves. I really wanted more than 8 players. It's not a huge commitment, and it's very short-term.

Did I mention how fun it is???

See here for the Previous Round, and here for the Current Game (which has not started yet).

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 am 
I'm not really sure of my interaction enough to join as a player, but if you want an NPC to come in and bully the players/get killed I'm up for it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:41 am 
So, no one has posted here in a while, are there any open rps? If so I would only be interested in joining after Easter, and I like playing a nice, light hearted character such as the comic relief. Also enjoy thieves and seemingly innocent ones. :kiki:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:50 am 
There may or may not be any RPs open for recruitment shortly after Easter.

Probably the best places to look (after Easter) are the FRPG Bulletin Board, the GRPG Announcements thread, and any recent thread in either RPG forum that includes phrases like "Recruitment" or "Sign-up" in the title.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:26 pm 
SPIRIT:

Speed
Prowess
Immunity
Resolve
Ingenuity
Talent

The SPIRIT system is a simple system to create characters for a variety of games. The system runs on a scale of -1 to 4 (0 being the “norm”), with variations by system on top of that. To perform a task, a difficulty is assigned (behind the scenes or up front) and an aspect of the character’s SPIRIT is chosen to rule the task. A 10-side die is thrown (or a random integer is generated from 1 to 10), the aspect is added to the roll, and the result is compared to the difficulty. If the total is equal to or greater than the difficulty: success! Otherwise: failure.

An average task, one an average individual will succeed at half the time, has a difficulty of 6. Truly monumental tasks (lifting a car, solving Fermi’s Last Theorem, shrugging off cancer) may have difficulties of 11 or greater. Most difficulties will fall between 3 and 8.

In most games, characters will be built with between 4 and 8 points to divide among the aspects, but the exact total is up to the Game Master: more for more powerful characters, less for weaker characters.

The aspects of SPIRIT:
Speed: Speed covers tasks requiring haste and coordination, be it of hand, eye, foot or mind. Characters with a high Speed aspect will tend to be lithe and willowy. Catching a ball, running a race, or solving an equation in seconds are all tasks of Speed.

Prowess: Prowess covers tasks requiring strength, toughness, or size. Characters with a high Prowess aspect will tend to be brutes of both stature and frame. Striking a foe, breaking a board, or lifting a gate are all tasks of Prowess.

Immunity: Immunity covers tasks requiring resistance to adversity, both mental and physical. Characters with a high Immunity aspect will tend to be sturdy and stoutly built. Resisting pain, absorbing injury, and shrugging off illness are all tasks of Immunity.

Resolve: Resolve covers tasks requiring dedication, drive, and willpower. Characters with a high Resolve aspect will tend to be stubborn, ambitious, and proactive. Forced marching, prolonged argument, and resisting persuasion are all tasks of Resolve.

Ingenuity: Ingenuity covers tasks requiring cleverness, creativity, and imagination. Characters with high Ingenuity will tend to be inquisitive, probing and insightful. Solving a riddle, jury-rigging a repair, or crafting a tale are all tasks of Ingenuity.

Talent: Talent covers tasks requiring poise, grace, and charm. Characters with high Talent will tend to be charismatic, beautiful, and alluring. Commanding an army, navigating etiquette, and performances of all sorts are tasks of Talent.

In systems with magic, magic tends to be governed by the Resolve, Ingenuity, or Talent aspects, while it tends to be resisted by the Speed, Prowess, or Immunity aspects.

(Reposting the rules into a more static location.)

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG