Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:20 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Gonna have to wait for tonight ^_^

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:42 pm 
Okay there's concern here from at least 1 person on this, so let me make this perfectly clear.

Some people may feel like getting on the dark path is bad. It's not -- it's just a form of the story. It doesn't mean you're all going to turn into demons and go a pillaging. It doesn't mean you're going to lose the stage, it doesn't mean you're going to be bad guys. I explained this at the start of the game, the universe is made of light, darkness and gray.

Honestly? Think of it has a ranking.

Light = Easy
Gray = Medium
Dark = Hard Mode

That's all that's happening here. You guys are going to get a very large challenge thrown at you, not an automatic loss. I would never write a scenario that leads to a game over -- and even if it seems like you're all going to lose? Guess what - some planets you WON'T WIN. Losing is part of this, it doesn't mean the game ends, it doesn't mean everyone dies.

I've given you an example of an extremely ramped up light path - Ryuseii; you guys kept that planet light path but due to a crippling case of explosions you got the Dark Path boss instead of Senkoumaru.

I've given you a crappy example of a Gray path - fight these guys, save these guys, WTF was that about. You'll have a much better Gray example in World IV.

You are all about to experience a full Dark Path. This is something you should be happy about - as until now all of your battles pretty much ended without anyone dying. This is going to test you, challenge you, and make you all think about how to flesh out your characters and relationships. That is dark mode.

Dark mode is not "zomg we lose."

I will never do that to you.

And honestly? On this planet? Something is about to happen that's going to change the future story for the better. This game is MADE to take all paths - not just "happy light shiny stick".

So prepare yourselves.

You're about to experience Leyline's first Hard Mode.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:58 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Not editing my post, but I just want to clarify - I'm not taking any overt hostile action against Shin unless he actively threatens the Leyline. Not a threat to the Awakener, not a threat to the team, not even a "if we have to, I'm gonna." If he's reasonable, or even just sane, I'm going to sit back and relax and charge my ether and listen to his story.

If he's going to keep threatening to blow up the planet unless he gets his way after being warned not to, then quite frankly he probably deserves getting stabbed in the face.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:13 pm 
Oh I know you aren't taking any overt hostile action. That's not what he's pissed about. You're about to learn tonight that Shin is a spoiled brat and then you'll get to see him get exactly what he deserves.

That's right.

Shin is Leyline's Krillin.

Hell - you'll all probably like where this goes ^_^

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:17 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Krillin never got anything he deserved. Most of it was just him being the resident butt monkey.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:18 pm 
Shin is this series (insert overzealous asshat from known anime/manga/game what gets what they deserve constantly here) ^_^

Post Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 pm 
Actually, a valid point has been raised.

There is a worry with the game's basic progression. "Isn't it way too easy for a single player to throw everything off the tracks? A game long Prisoner's Dilemma"

That's a very valid point. That's what happened on world II... I'm going to think things over. Go full on dark at a push may be over-doing it. Melding points worked for World I really well -- I think something like this may work here.

Forgive me for jumping the gun, but I also depend on and thank you all as players for catching mis-steps before they happen.

I'll see you all tonight when I meld a few paths together.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:22 am 
Despite having a sonic rune, Alexis has no idea how sound can be used to shatter some types of crystal or glass. (When I originally decided that, I'd expected him to find out earlier than this).

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:58 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I wonder what the rules are on time manipulation for Arbiters. I'd imagine it's something they try not to screw with, at all.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:22 pm 
Actually, there's plot behind powers over time. Stuff you'll be introduced to later, but its part of the reason I said no time powers ^_^

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:50 pm 
How long is one round in a combat?

The reason I ask is because, sooner or later, Alexis may want to talk about a time two or three combat rounds in the future, and he would be translated in terms of minutes, not combat rounds. Perhaps something along the lines of "Chandi's likely to turn in three minutes! Can you get that crystal reversed before then?"

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:55 pm 
I would say about a minute.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:20 pm 
Sorry for the hold up folks, Katie got sick with a nasty stomach bug and I got slammed with OT.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:09 am 
I hope Kate gets well soon.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:57 pm 
Consider me on a short hiatus till we catch up on sleep.

She's still sick, but getting better - the problem is this damned flu causes horrible insomnia and we still have to work.

Post will happen by this weekend at the latest. Sorry all.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG