Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:37 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Next time I see you I need to try and get you into dwarf fortress.

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:23 am 
Kajin wrote:
Next time I see you I need to try and get you into dwarf fortress.

I gave it a try. I lost my first fortress when a whole lot of dwarves suddenly died of thirst (in the middle of winter, when the rivers were all frozen) and things went downhill from there. My new fortress has a well.

--------------

Deleted scene:

Quote:
That's an even better idea.

With another sharp turn, Alexis spins in the air and heads towards the Awakener. He drops down and lands on the Awakener's shoulder, like an extra-large pirate's parrot. He reaches out with his tail and touches the hilt of the dagger.

It would have been funny, but Alexis isn't the sort to violate personal space without at least some reason.

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:46 pm 
imo.im seems to be having some trouble with Skype. I might not be able to be in the Skype chat until that is resolved.

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
This is going to be an interesting round...

That being said, it's been over a week and from what I've heard the only issues been being online at the same time. Remember to use PMs and this thread as well if needed. That being said, I've got a busy week anyway and may not be able to post till Friday.

Deadline for posting for Chandi and Serpico is set for Friday night. (I don't think this will be a problem).

Please, if you're going to take more than a week to reply, contact me somehow so I know what's up.

Thank you all!

Post Posted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm 
Just a heads up, got a busy night ahead of me beyond OT - so I shant be online tonight.

Tomorrow night I'd like to try and wrangle Ferret and Ruan for an RP for the results of the blade.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:17 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Just to recap the master plan:

Step One. Either Chandi or The Awakener performs one [Control Dragon: Rescue Trifecta of Fallen Goddesses] action to have the dragon grab the three goddesses.

Step Two. Everyone else hops onto the dragon (named Aja now, as named characters are less likely to die), and uses it as one big shield.

Step Three. Everyone with remaining actions either tries and helps the dragon reach escape velocity and gtfo, or hardens the defenses of the dragon so that if we get caught in the blast the dragon absorbs the brunt of the impact.

Step Four. Impale Shin with extreme prejudice.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:44 am 
Quote:
Step Three. Everyone with remaining actions either tries and helps the dragon reach escape velocity and gtfo, or hardens the defenses of the dragon so that if we get caught in the blast the dragon absorbs the brunt of the impact.

Recall runes, people. The shield has gone, the recall runes should be working, should get us out of there far faster than we can carry ourselves. Recall runes also drag along people who we're holding onto (remember Kanon?) so we can drag the dragon and three goddesses back to the Academy with us.

If someone would just grab hold of Shin on the way, we can deal with him in safety.

(imo.im is still not connecting to Skype. I can't say I'm surprised; this is exactly what I'd expect from Microsoft. I've re-created the Pidgin chatroom, if anyone wants to use it.)

Of coure, Alexis being what he is, I'm trying to think of ways that he could try to fix the Leyline.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:53 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Quote:
...then bubbling up like a thick oil from the surface of the world comes the Leyline, hardly any space left on it still shines blue. Most of it is black and rotted, like mold left to run it's course over bread. The moment Shin sees it, it rockets upwards into the sky slamming his chest like hell to try to activate his recall rune to no avail...

Emphasis mine.

Granted, Harmony may not realize that/see him trying to recall out... but Harmony doesn't have an action with which to even try to find out. For that matter, at the moment she's reacting more or less on her instincts, all of which are going 'RUN AWAY'.

At the point we're at, we're nowhere close to the power level needed to stop a Leyline collapse. Even Elder Arbiters would be powerless to stop one once the chain reaction has begun. Maybe - MAYBE - Solarus could stop one, but short of that...

But yeah. Harmony would be right behind him trying to stop it if she really thought it was possible to stop the collapse.

That all said, she's going to have to have a long talk with Serpico about the knife sticking out of her chest.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:45 am 
Ruan wrote:
Quote:
...then bubbling up like a thick oil from the surface of the world comes the Leyline, hardly any space left on it still shines blue. Most of it is black and rotted, like mold left to run it's course over bread. The moment Shin sees it, it rockets upwards into the sky slamming his chest like hell to try to activate his recall rune to no avail...

Emphasis mine.

Oh. Right. Missed that.

Ruan wrote:
At the point we're at, we're nowhere close to the power level needed to stop a Leyline collapse.

Yes, I know. Alexis is currently somewhat of a martyr without a cause (warning: tvtropes link) at the moment; he had a lot of anger changed into determination to succeed at this mission, so now he really really really wants to succeed. He knows he almost certainly has no chance as well; but right now, he'll jump at a one-in-a-billion chance of success and not bother about the cost of failing.

I think I've just worked out how to save the planet. The important bits, anyway.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:28 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
The planet is dead. noone can stop that. the PEOPLE are already past saving, souls collapsed into the protected sphere Athena mentioned. Let me ask you. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO SAVE.

Also, I can't follow the plan as Kaj says it. S erpico is now running only on adrenaline. If he stops moving, he'll drop, so either catch up with him (good luck hes the fastest here) or let him make his own way out.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 am 
Okay, let me be clear on something. I figured at least someone would try and sense the bodies to see if there were souls present.

The human bodies are empty - literally. The souls have been ejected and they've sunk into the planet. As for the Goddesses... well I suppose time will tell on that one.

There is, quite literally, nothing left to save.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:42 am 
Oooooh. I'd assumed that the people were almost-but-not-quite-dead-yet.

I'll edit my post.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 am 
Miracle Max can't do a think for them, no matter how much chocolate coating he uses.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Thats right. lets let the small bat person carry the goddesses, and not the giant dragon. CCC, sure thats what you want to do?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:16 am 
Alexis' shift makes a really good shield, and he'll try to make sure that it's between everyone else and the collapsing leyline.

Having said that, it would probably be a good idea for the dragon to grab the goddesses. Or to grab the cloak of darkness and help pull, that would work too.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG