Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:13 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Fun

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:49 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Hey CCC -- Re-read Ruan's post, the barrier's gone. It popped when the creature hatched. You may want to revise your post a smidgen.

...then again I may have mis-read. You're talking about the barrier around the world aren't you? Yea, that barrier is still up.

To confirm.

Barrier around Crystal = Gone.

Barrier around World = Still There.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:20 pm 
Alexis is talking about the barrier around the world, yes. He thinks he's going to die here, and probably most of the rest of the team, and that it will be permanent this time; he wants Harmony to try to escape, so that the knowledge of this thing isn't lost.

He's trying to fight for time, to give Harmony enough time to get out. He doesn't have any plans for beyond that, because he doesn't expect there to be a 'beyond that' for him.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am 
My apologies for the repetition, but I wanted to make sure the six actions were well aligned.

Also, for those curious, the dragon looks something like this.

Oh, and of course, said post was made in conjunction with Kaijin and Bun.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 am 
That is one impressive-looking dragon. I hope it fights well...

Wait. If the dragon wins, what are we going to do with it afterwards? Will it become a pet? Lumina already has a fox, so I imagine Chandi would claim the dragon...

Now I'm imagining Chandi riding into battle on the back of a lightning-dragon.

--------------

To change the subject; I hadn't mentioned this before mainly because of timezones (which I imagined would keep me out of the chat even if all other obstacles were not removed - even if I am, for some reason, awake at one in the morning, I am not likely to be all that coherent) but would it be possible to have a chatroom using LinPhone or any other SIP client instead of Skype?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:10 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
It'll fight well. Lumina and Chandi both Crit-Rolled when making the damn thing. And I imagine the dragon will be more of a team pet. A mighty steed. One which we hop onto and ride throughout the cosmos as we see fit. No more fancy schmancy teleporting. Team Arbiter will be traveling in style.

And don't worry too much about time zones, if we do adopt some other service. Me and Ruan are both major insomniacs, so you'll at least be able to talk to us pretty frequently.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:31 am 
We can look into CCC - your presence is missed in chat.

I've got a dinner party to go to tonight, so my reply will either be late night or tomorrow morning.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:20 am 
...I may have been a touch hasty with Linphone. I saw it had chat functionality and assumed that that meant more than one-on-one... now it seems that in order to do that, one needs a correctly set-up server. I can find out how to set up a server, but I can't find one that's freely available to use... I'm looking into other possible clients.

Apart from near-instant text messages to other members of the group, what chat features are being used? I'll want to find one that offers at least the same features.

EDIT: After ditching the implicit VoIP requirement from my list (I'm not quite sure why I had it on there to start with), and looking for chat software specifically, I've found a solution that looks good; a password-protected XMPP chatroom on the Jabber server, which can be connected to with any XMPP client (I've just installed Pidgin, it seems to be working). That at least does allow multiple people to connect and converse. Would that be a suitable solution for everyone?

--------------

There is also another matter of grave importance that should be dealt with as soon as possible. It's a state of affairs that has been allowed to continue far, far too long; a state of affairs for which, I admit, I have to share a part of the blame. Kajin's recent post bought it to my attention, but we are all guilty in this regard. In short; we need a better team name than "Team Arbiter". Every team of arbiters is a "Team Arbiter" - if we're going to be flying about on a dragon, people, then we really need a more distinctive name. A name to strike terror into our foes and to give our allies hope; a name to attach to the rumours which are already flying around.

Any ideas?

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Edited in a quick amendment to the golden text; yes, to clarify, the ability destroys whatever weave she is using to activate it.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:34 am 
Quick comment for CCCs sake. Ruan isn't going to post until -after- I next reply, so we're waiting on Draco and Q for postings. You'll understand why when he posts.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
Oooooh...

*begins speculating*

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:57 am 
Ouch. That was...

...well, I can see why Ruan posted last there. I mean, that's just...

...and it's recovered all its hitpoints. We're down one person, and there's someone outside the outer barrier who can likely kill anyone who gets close.

We're in trouble.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
What's leaving me unable to post at the moment is not being sure of a few things, like if the barrier is physical or just so strong with fear that it cant be approached.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am 
Its both Ferret.

You have to beat a fear roll to approach it, and then break it. It can be hit from range like the Dragon tried, but as you saw it backlashed with fear after the attempt.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am 
I have to say, reading these posts and PMs this morning makes me happy.

I toss a high level challenge at you all, you meet it with spectacular ideas. The die will still have bearing on the results, but still the attempts thus far from -everyone- are amazing. This next round is gonna be awesome.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG