Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:19 am 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
New OOC thread for our new game thread!

I've got to make you all a small shopping list for perks tomorrow before the main post -- I want to do it right. This will be less of a selection than you'll normally get, but it's practice for me right now to make sure the system works. Plus, all of it involves getting you more Ether or Ether regeneration, which you all need.

Beyond that, I've got a few slight tweaks to make on your sheets when we level; it's a good time to get it done. See you all tomorrow!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm 
Actually, the intended point was to serve up Alexis' memory of Harmony's recent episode (which would have meant the stabbing would have been of Alexis). Though Asch's objections still apply.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:54 pm 
Okay, quick update.

I'm going to be putting out a perk list shortly in game, when you buy one your sheet will be updated and sent out again. I'm going to be changing all non-5 based EP costs to multiples of 5 for easier flow of battle. With the perks you'll end up buying, your HP and EP will be multiples of 5 as well. The HP wont matter so much since battle does all kinda of damages, but EP will be much easier to track. I'll be getting you recharge rates as multiples of 5 as well.

Now, you all used your runes in some different ways last battle. If anything you did (or any ideas you have now) you'd like added to your sheet with official costs, please let me know. From here on out, when you try new things I'll be adding them automatically from now on -- so if you want anything added from before now, it's the proper time to do it. Once you've bought everything, time will be up, so start thinking.

Stay tuned in thread!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:56 pm 
Another quick note?

If these perks end up unbalancing things some, I may revise some systems as I go to make things smoother. We'll see as we go, but I'll be letting you guys know before I change anything and getting opinions.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:52 pm 
I do have a request. In Blackout Bubble mode, Alexis' shift uses his EP as hitpoints, allowing it the possibility of surviving a round or two of attacks, at the cost of course of EP. Could the same capability be added to Dark Doppleganger mode? It could be useful - this way, it could act as a decoy in battle for potentially more than a single action.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:59 pm 
I viewed it as something that pops when struck, being as how it's just a cloak... however I can assign it HP. When you level your Shift, you can add the possibility of it taking from EP. Lets see... since it still draws from your action pool, unlike Lumina, how about we set it half Alexis' HP as it's life instead of Naomi's 1/3rd. Hows that sound for now till you level the Shift?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:21 pm 
That sounds great, thanks.

I view the Cloak, in general, as an amorphous and slightly translucent lump of solid (but weightless), dark black matter. "Cloak" is perhaps a bit of a misnomer; the Dark Doppleganger wouldn't be hollow (though it's just a solid, shaped lump - there's no actual internal structure - it 'moves' by changing its shape, not by bending joints or contracting muscles).

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:41 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Lumina is just a little bit too distressed to think about missions at the moment. Vote possible but not highly likely.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:38 am 
It has been brought to my attention that "rounding up" the stats may invalidate a few peoples primary stat choices for the game, making some perks next to useless or entirely useless.

I'm going to look over the sheets again and adjust our booster-perks to compensate. Those who have chosen already may re-choose if they wish or keep what they said they wanted. I don't want to invalidate anything for the sake of easier math; its basically akin to going 'lol I'm lazy'. Posting battles doesn't take THAT much time, specially compared to my KK days >_>

Let me tweak a few things -- if you end up re-choosing, simply edit your post. If you keep what you have with the updated perks, do nothing. I'll let you know when its been changed in thread and post the updated numbers here.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:45 pm 
Fictional characters who might fit into Leyline:

Q (Star Trek): May be a touch overpowered. Has only one Rune, but since that Rune is Omnipotence, he can do a lot with it. Has a truly massive Ether regeneration rate, but no (visible) shift.

The Doctor (Dr. Who): Has Runes of Lightning, Knowledge, and Sonic. His Shift is the T.A.R.D.I.S. (it has, in effect, Runes of Time and Space, the latter of which alows it to be permanently bigger on the inside); the Sonic Screwdriver is a novelty toy that he uses to disguise the fact that he's really using his Runes in a variety of imaginative ways to make it do stuff. As a Demigod, he resurrects incredibly quickly.

Aphrael (The Elenium, The Tamuli): Also known as the Child-Goddess. Has Runes of Cute, Deception, and Atomic Manipulation. Her Shift is Aphrael's Island; a geographical quirk which is larger on the inside and smaller on the outside than the TARDIS (but which cannot travel through time). Others can visit it only at her express invitation, and even then most visitors will only visit it in their dreams. Visitors describe it as a quiet, pleasant place where the lion really does lie down with the lamb, and both survive (it is noted that neither lion nor lamb appear to actually need to eat here). The only building is one of Aphrael's temples; there is a lot of grass to play in and trees to climb. It appears to be surrounded by an infinite ocean, and the sky is a rainbow riot of colours; Aphrael gets to rewrite the laws of physics at will inside her Shift, and she likes it that way. Tends to avoid battle; not good in a fight, but very much someone you want on your side when negotiating a cease-fire (it's amazing what Cute and Deception can accomplish when used together by an expert).

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Hah! Aphrael would be interesting... just never let her snuggle with you.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:50 pm 
Okay, fixed up the perks to the following:

Perks Available

[Unlock Limiter – Physical Suppression; +20 HP / +30 EP / +7 RC]

[Unlock Limiter – Mental Suppression; +15 HP/ +25 EP / +2 RG / +4 RC]

[Unlock Limiter – Spiritual Suppression; +10 HP / +15 EP / +4 RC, +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round]

I've edited the thread, so if any of you want to re-choose, edit your posts and let me know.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:30 pm 
Ruan wrote:
Hah! Aphrael would be interesting... just never let her snuggle with you.

Her preferred form is of a human, female child (about six years old) who loves kisses, so that might be difficult. (Note that that is not her true form; she likes to look a good deal younger than her true form). She tends to get her own way most of the time (though she has not yet managed to obtain that pet whale that she wants - she was given a kitten instead. To whom she can occasionally be heard speaking in Cat.)

She can also tamper with time and space a little - make a journey go impossibly fast without letting the people on the journey know how fast they're going. A conmon complaint among those who are travelling with her and don't know it is "You calendar can't possibly be right."

A good series of books.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
I grew up David Eddings - well aware. They make very good books for young readers getting into fantasy.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:15 am 
...right. She would have been my second choice of character, had Alexis not worked out for some reason.

Other fictional characters:

Superman: Concentrated mainly on his physical stats. Has (nonetheless) a Rune of Invulnerability, aand a weakness to a rare form of radiation (as part of his racial ability). His Shift is built-in to his eyes, enabling them to emit (and see in) any form of electromagnetic radiation, from infrared to X-rays.

Coin (Sourcery): Concentrated mainly on magic. Has an Ether regen rate comparable to Q's, but different Runes. His Shift is a magical staff, that greatly increases his power but is sentient and plans world domination.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG