Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:18 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
So you think the dragon should have to carry another person over the several it already will have to?

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:27 am 
...I think I'm missing something. Where's the extra person?

Alexis would pull with the dragon, if that would help get people out faster. If that would not help (i.e. if the dragon, fully loaded, is faster than Alexis, unloaded) then he'll let go and let the dragon get ahead (in Alexis' mind, he's the only one allowed to fall behind the shield).

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:40 am 
My thought is Alexis probably isnt the strongest Arbiter, so adding HIS weight to the exchange is more dangerous than adding his strength.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:49 am 
He's cerainly not the strongest Arbiter, but I'm pretty sure he is the lightest. He's about 12 kilograms; his species weigh generally from 11 to 15 kilograms. The Cloak of Shadows is weightless.

Post Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
I cast a strength-boost on it - that should be fine.

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
I had a master plan T.T

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:02 am 
I asked about this in the chat CCC, so you couldn't have known, but we have no more EP than what we left the world with. We're out of combat, but we're exhausted, and no energy to even gather more EP. If you had enough EP left to heal Serpico, great, sorry to bug ya. I don't know your rune costs after all. But I still felt it should be passed along.
Specifically, the conversation was as such:

[12:46:59 AM] Great Dinn: We're out of battle, and subseqently in full EP mode, right?
[12:47:10 AM] Mike Biernacki: We're about to hit a "3 day" RP break. It will not last a full three days, but we'll get a chance to do some RP with me as a group, personal RP, and RP with each other
[12:47:19 AM | Edited 12:47:21 AM] Mike Biernacki: No, after all that you guys are completley exhausted
[12:47:32 AM] Mike Biernacki: You wont regenerate till you get some rest
[12:47:41 AM] Mike Biernacki: Or at least back to the classroom

Also, reread your post, mildly confused, if he can't echolocate right now, how is he submitting his picture for "there?"

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:42 am 
Healing is fairly cheap; by my count, Alexis should have enough EP to heal around five times, plus once per combat round that passes (this passive EP regeneration is really, really good). Athena's blessing on the Dark rune really helps there; he gets half-cost on Dark rune effects, which lets him use them a lot.

ThyLordQ wrote:
Also, reread your post, mildly confused, if he can't echolocate right now, how is he submitting his picture for "there?"

He can't echolocate because he can't hear the echoes off anything (no air between him and other objects to carry the sound). But that doesn't impair his ability to communicate an echolocatory 'picture', since that just requires him to make an approximation to the sounds that an echolocator would pick up if it were possible.

All of his communication is via such echolocatory 'pictures'. They usually bear about as much resemblance to reality as a twenty-second sketch by a really good, really fast sketch artist - you can see what's there, but there's not that much detail - but if he takes longer to describe it, he can fit in a whole lot of detail. It's a very... visual manner of speaking; anything he says would be best translated by a series of sketches. (It also means that, as far as he's concerned, there is only one reasonably possible language. He doesn't have much patience for language barriers.) Similarly, writing is translated for him as a series of rough sketches; his people don't have much of a written language yet.

Some abstract concepts don't lend themselves to easy representation in this form; I'm sort of handwaving the idea that Alexis has some way of describing such concepts.

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:20 am 
To be frank, you can't heal Serpico as of this moment anyways. While what he did was short of scarring his Soul, he tore himself up something fierce inside, and it'll take time to heal. And if Alexis wants to talk, itll be during the free time we will now have after this mission.

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:12 pm 
Well, then Alexis will try to heal Serpico. He can at least speed up the healing process.

On another subject; Chandi's new pet gave me an idea:

Chandi the Pirate Queen

...admittedly, putting the dragon's head out of frame is a bit of a cheat; I couldn't pull off a convincing dragon head.

I imagine a costume party is involved.

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:46 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Something you may miss in chat CCC:

Everybody can create 1 item during this downtime to help them in the coming battles. You may RP will people to create this item - in fact if you do so well, I will give it greater capabilities. Everybody gets 1 item each for now, but you will be presented with other times to do this as well.

You can RP with peeps to make yourself a handy little item to help in battle during our 3-day RP fest coming up shortly! That is, you get to create your own items with your team-mates help (if wanted).

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:06 am 
Hmmm. Alexis' major weakness is that he has comparatively little direct attack ability. In battle, he'll defend and heal allies, or try to weaken the enemy with status effects; because he's not very tough, he prefers to stay out of melee range.

In the last battle in particular, the Black Golem shrugged off everything he threw at it.

Alexis' item should probably try to cover this gap in some way. Possibilities include a ranged weapon of some sort, or a device that makes his runes harder to shrug off.

He also needs to spend a couple of hours learning about what sound can do to glass and/or crystal.

Oh, and incidentally, his question to Chandi is an attempt to find out whether the memory effect that's affecting Athena will affect everyone who is SoulScarred or not.

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:38 am 
It's not the soul scarring, but that's a very good train of thought. Chandi can, however, still see and hear all about the guy.
Unless Bun takes up the idea as his own, and suddenly my post needs editing!

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:30 am 
Nope. You seven can see him and hear about him.

Athena can not.

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:42 pm 
...just read all the RP. My God I love waking up to see that ^_^

I'll be closing the thread tonight, giving out upgrades for the Shifts, and starting a nice little open RP session before the next mission.

Stay tuned all!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 191 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG