Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"We'll need to prepare and coordinate ourselves accordingly," Lumina replies. "It might be a good idea to prepare a message beforehand and focus all our efforts into momentarily piercing one spot on the barrier to send that message through."

Lumina stands up, rubbing at a crick in her back from the uncomfortable spot she was sitting in. "Or, we could try and free the song you're talking about from the grasp of this crystal. Harmony, you said the music was reversed? Reversal is my domain. The song of the planet is your domain. If you do try and attempt to restore the natural pattern of this world's song, I'd like to offer you my support in that matter."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:47 am 
"...attached to the Leyline. So the crystal is drawing energy out of the leyline, which is in turn drawing energy out of the people. So - Harmony, Lumina - if you were to reverse this effect at the source, at the crystal itself, then the energy would flow out of the crystal, back into the people. Healing them. The barriers would probably go down at that point, but the horde would be a whole lot stronger. But if we can keep the connection reversed, then the crystal would keep getting smaller and weaker. Until it's easy to crush or disconnect."

"Also, if the leyline is powering the outer shield; if all else fails and we have to cut it, then we can probably use our recall runes to escape the collapse."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"Theoretically. We would have to get close to the Crystal, however, and at this time I don't believe it is a wise decision to make an immediate attack upon it. Since it apparently has some sort of psychological barrier protecting itself... we currently have no means of definitely exceeding that barrier to get to the Crystal itself."

Harmony scowls in the general direction that Shin disappeared.

"If someone hadn't left, we might have been able to find out a little bit more. Like how far the barrier around the Crystal itself extends. No, I'd prefer to avoid going directly at the Crystal at this point in time. If it seems we're out of time, then we can head toward it for a strike. For now, I think investigating the barrier above is our best bet. After all, even if we can't break that barrier, analyzing that one might find us a way through the one around the one around the Crystal."

Post Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:03 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
A low rumble shakes the grounds for a moment and then stops, a bit of dust and extra mist now fills the cave before settling down on the floor.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:48 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
A single sheet of paper blows in with the mist. It lands in front of Harmony, and unrolls to reveal this written in red text, signed with a single elegantly drawn calligraphy A.

While I understand your need to plan, sometimes action is needed. Take a look outside. -A

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:59 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico blinks at Alexis, face unclear, but doesn't say anything. No sarcasm, no comment against Alexis' sudden movement towards him. He also doesn't move for a good long second.

After a bit. he shakes himself off. However, the manic quaver that had been in his voice for the last minute is gone, and his hand has stopped twitching. He speaks up to the others' planning. "If you need, I can probably make you something to imrpve chances of sealing the crystal. Assuming, of course, we aren't just being fools and have no chance at it. My Indigo coloring has skills in blackening out connections."

At the appearance of the witch's message, he winces. Without pausing, he slips to the entrance of the cave, and looks out as carefully as possible without exposing himself.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:02 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
The first thing Serpico notices is quite a few of the horde standing around. They seem even thinner than when they first arrived, papery black bags are now under their eyes, but they do not see him. The second thing he notices is the Black Crystal off in the city... it's now twice the size it was when they first landed. The final two things he notes are at his feet... the level of water in the little lake making the water fall is about half way drained with no sign of a leak. The dirt the horde is shambling about on seems to be dried out as well, kicking up a large plume of dust at the slightest movement.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:04 pm 
Serpico turns back to the others, face a bit paler even with his smile the same as ever. "Time's up. I don't know what that toy's doing, but I think it's draining the life right out of the planet. We won't even have to wait for Shin at this rate, that thing will save him the trouble."

Post Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 pm 
Alexis glances carefully out of the cave, then steps back. "I think we should go straight for the crystal." he says. "I don't think this place will last long enough for backup to arrive. Either way, Harmony, Lumina, Chandi, the three of you have to survive until we get to the Crystal. Serpico, could you try to draw something suitable in advance? The rest of us are ablative armour, more or less." As he speaks, he touches his Cold Rune. He draws from it the aspect of the cold of the grave, the chill touch of Death. He applies this to himself, but does not activate the resulting Death Touch. He hands the trigger of the Death Touch to Harmony.

"If I get killed," he says, "use this. It should keep me there for a bit longer. Let's go. Lumina, can you do that force shield again?"

Unless someone makes some move to stop him, Alexis spreads his wings and flies out of the cave, immediately ascending out of reach of the Horde.

Cold Rune: Prepare Death Touch, apply to self, do not activate
Arrange: Give trigger to Harmony
Move: Leave the cave

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:57 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Harmony sighs as she exits the cave out into the open air. "Time, I have everything I want but time." She nods at Alexis as he flies off. "No time to investigate the barrier." There's a short pause as she looks speculatively at MUSE.

"NO."

"I didn't say anything."

"I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO ASK. NO. NO MANIPULATING TIME."

"But-"

"I HAD A LONG, LONG TALK WITH THE DOCTOR ABOUT IT."

"Doctor who?"

"JUST THE DOCTOR. HE'S... IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN. SUFFICE TO SAY WE EXPERIMENTED YEARS AGO, AND HE HAD SOME VERY POINTED WORDS TO SAY AFTER HE GOT FINISHED PUTTING OUT THE FIRES, METAPHYSICALLY SPEAKING."

################

I miss the TARDIS. A little old for my tastes, but damn that girl was built.

/You do realize I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about./

Really? I thought you had access to that file. Why don't--

[No. No one touches that file. Not even me. Part of the bargain I made with the Doctor.]

/Why didn't you just delete the file?/

[He told me not to. Just in case, he said.]

#################

Meanwhile, Harmony looks down at the trigger in her hands. "Well, here is hoping I don't have to use this..." She flies off after Alexis, allowing him to range ahead of her, but still within line of sight.

Move: Follow Alexis out of the cave toward the Crystal.
Arrange: Listen for any potential threats via musica universalis as they move
Avert: Dodge any attack she senses coming.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:40 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
As Alexis and Harmony step out of the cave, they feel a slight breeze around them, and they hear Ashley's voice on the wind.

Be honored, the Witch has granted you her protection. In the name of King Bael, you shall be unseen.

Anyone else who steps out of the cave will get the same message.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm 
Instead of ranging ahead of Harmony, Alexis takes up a position near her. If Harmony moves, he keeps up; if Harmony stays still, he moves about below her in a fairly complex pattern. He scans for threats; threats from the ground, from the sky, from anywhere.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 pm 
Serpico thinks as he also steps out, and murmurs to Harmony. "If you need to sever something, I can help with that."

Rune glowing, he rapidly sketches a device. A pale purple in color, it is edged with yellow. The straight razor he holds has a blade about 6 inches long, a grossly exaggerated edge. "I think should be able to cut the threads between that toy and the planet. And if I'm really lucky today, it might cut the puppet strings on those poor targets. Well, from what I heard, that'd only be temporary. Bit of a cheap gag, maybe, but might lower the body count. I'm not as brave as Shin, I guess. I don't think I'd have any fun killing those things." he snorts.

[Action 1: Color Rune: Yellow-indigo Cutting-Sealing/erasing]
Action 2: Sketch Connection Razor

"Besides, You know you need someone competant with you," he says brightly but quietly. "I'll be the forward path if we need it. Still got these gloves, too. " He takes to the air, matching their pace in the witch's magic.

[Action 3: Stay with Alexis and Harmony]

Post Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Lumina steps up beside Harmony and the others, prepared to act as their shield if need be. Muttering to herself, she summons her Force and Lightning Runes to create a stunning barrier around the party. Anything that tries to pass through the barrier will receive a shocking blow strong enough to knock it flat on its backside twenty feet away.

[Force + Lightning - Protective Shield]
[Action - Defend the Party]

"Come on, folks. We have a job to do. If they notice us, I'll try and keep them off of us while we move."

Post Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
The Awakener focuses on its Shift, bringing the stony blade grinding into action, and heads out alongside the others. Its hollow eyes stare out into the area around them, preparing to destroy anything that attacks them.

[Assist] Activate Shift
HELD ACTION [Aggress] Intercept and kill attackers x 2.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG