Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:38 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
"Alright, while you guys board the enemy vessel, I'll go project a protective aura around..." Lumina begins, but never gets to finish as Alexis breaks radio silence almost immediately, shattering the stealth rune. This is quickly followed by Alexis getting his tail handed to him.

"I... I don't even..." Lumina stammers, before finally shutting up and facepalming hard enough to leave a big red mark on her face. Floating over to the wounded bat god, she says "Alexis, my friend, when we get back to HQ we're going to have a long discussion about whether or not looking a gift horse in the mouth is an appropriate course of action."

After listening to Chandi, Lumina replies, "Seems good. The plan I had in mind a moment ago isn't a valid option anymore." Flying forward with Awakener and Serpico, Lumina prepares her Confidence Rune and moves to support them both in their actions.

[Runic Support - Confidence Boost - Target Awakener]

After giving Awakener a helping boost, Lumina turns her attention to the red ship, the mission objective, and tries to lend it some aid. Focusing on her Force Rune, she attempts to reinforce the existence of the ship's hull, making it tougher and more readily capable of resisting damaging forces such as atmospheric entry or damaging hooks. She also weaves a trap with her Lightning Rune into her Force Rune. Anyone trying to damage, destroy, or otherwise bring harm to the red ship will be in for a nasty surprise.

[Runic Support - Resisting Force - Target Red Ship]
[Runic Support - Lightning Landmine - Defend Red Ship]

Last edited by Kajin on Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 am 
I am protected. The fire can't hurt me - I am already protected. I am already protected.

Taking a deep breath, for what comfort it gives, Alexis abandons his plans to cancel out the heat of re-entry with his Cold rune, and instead taps into his Sonic Rune again, establishing communication with the red spaceship.

"Hello again, um, ceramic cylinder. We're willing and able to help, but we are not familiar with the techniques at use here. Our priority, at the moment, is to keep you people alive. Do you have any recommendations for how we can best provide aid?"

For the moment, he ignores the question of whether he was right to break their Stealth runes. He'll deal with that when they have the time to talk about it more thoroughly.

The fact that Harmony is glowing is mildly concerning. But that, again, is a problem for later. Just not too much later.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:32 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
As the Awakener takes in the abrupt change in circumstances, it turns to the bleeding Alexis and speaks a single word.

"Fool."

The Awakener then hears Chandi's orders, and nods to her. Focusing the power of the Final Rune within itself, it draws on the rune in a new way - Limit. Rather than merely imposing a limit, however, the Awakener removes one instead - the limit on its grip. The Hollow God then soars to the two ships, placing one hand on the hull of each... And as if it were taking a pair of toy ships which were stuck together in its hands instead of exerting force on two massive bodies perhaps hundreds of times bigger than it, it begins to pull the two apart. The white ship is ripped from the red, then idly tossed away and sent spiraling into the atmosphere. The Awakener then grips the red ship with both hands, and with the strength of a God, begins slowing the ship to a gentle stop.

[Support Rune - Final - Limit] Remove Limit (grip area)
[Arrange] Remove White Ship
[Avert] Slow Red Ship

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:15 am 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico shoots a blank look at Alexis."Glad we have you to take the smart actions, furbrain." he mutters before his expression turns back to normal.

He nods at Chandi's yell. "Couldn't hurt, I suppose."

He turns to the ships and focusing, casts out his speed rune, putting energy into it to slow the forward momentum of the ships.

[action 1: Speed Rune: Decelerate Ships]

He then drifts closer to where the attacker had appeared. As he moves, his color rune flares, and then he draws. What comes out is a sort of extending blade, energy that springs from a harness on the back of his hand. It flickers a harsh blue and as it touches particles in space, they flash. He stands, ready to fight if those opponents reappear, roughly between the two ships' mass in position.

[2: Color Rune: Blue, Ink
3: Draw: Absolute Zero Arm Blade.]

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:28 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Asch takes a moment to consider her options, and takes the time to focus on the black-haired human while she can to size him up.

<Free perception action - size up black-haired human>

Then, when the ships start to fall, she flies after them, snapping three times in rapid succession - mystery runes to analyze the white ship, the red ship, and the strange ether.

<Action 1 - Mystery Rune - analyze white ship>
<Action 2 - Mystery Rune - analyze red ship>
<Action 3 - Mystery Rune - analyze "perfect" ether>

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:13 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
After listening to Chandi's instructions, Serpico sets to work, attempt to slow the connected ships' fall - he latches a rune onto them and they considerably slow down, but are still falling. He then takes a position with a new weapon, ready to take on any opposition.

Lumina flies over and gives Awakener a boost of confidence, she then casts some protection on the red ship and laces it with a runic trap just in case it's attacked again. Lumina notices something new... her Force rune reacts oddly, it seems to shine extra brightly before applying to the Red Ship and something about how it connects tells her it's much stronger than normal.

Chandi preps herself a shield, and readies herself to pounce if the brown cloaked person appears again.

Alexis picks up his tail and re-attaches it with a dark rune, it re-attaches without any issues but it's going to be sore for quite a while. He dives into the atmosphere and finds out that he is indeed protected from the fire, tapping into his Sonic rune and speaks with the Red Ship once again. After a moment, he gets a response:

A young female voice ponders, "...ceramic cylinder?"

A deeper soothing voice replies, "Look we don't normally deal with Gods so..." he stops himself as the ship slows and becomes reinforced.

A deep rumbling voice speaks, "Xen?"

"...I don't know."

"...ceramic cylinder..."

A 4th male voice sounds, "You know what happened the last time we trusted Gods. You sure about this?"

There's a moment of silence and deep thought before the soothing voice replies, "I'm following my gut. Alright, you guys can help out. But if you so much as aim a stray shot in our direction the deals off and you'll become our enemies." Alexis boosts the sound of the last reply for the team to hear, "You're up against the Xenoforce. It may be better if you all stand back and support us; were more familiar with them. I don't want any potential allies getting hurt."

(OOC - Himi, for tracking sakes I'm going to post potential evidence as purple you'll need to tell me if you modify or file it, but it doesn't take any actions to do so. I figure it'll be easier to keep track of thing that way. I'm going to post your current tracked mini-evidence from your perks in your round results at the end of the post -- the same applies there, if you want it, be sure to tell me to file it.)

Asch gets a good look at the brown-cloak before he disappears again, from what she can tell he moves with a purpose. His face seems passive, but concentrated; laid back almost but with eyes that pick up everything. She then analyzes the ships, finding that both ships appear to be the same make and model, one white and one red. It's possible they're even from the same place - each ship appears to be designed to hold a total of 10 people. They are small transport class ships, equipped with grappling arm technology and from what she can tell some sort of channeled weapons systems. She then focuses on the strange feeling ether... It's coming from both ships, 4 signals in each. The ether feels very ordered, as is it's following some sort of pre-designated paths. The way it moves feels very unnatural, almost artificial in nature.

Harmony attunes herself to the light, there's the sound of a gentle piano before she begins to glow - her shadow no longer exists. She lines herself up with the tandem falling ships and... between Serpico's rune and her strength, the Red Ship has nearly stopped falling... the problem is that the white ship is still a bit too heavy being connected to it and she can't quite stop it entirely.

So Awakener flies in, removing the gloves on his grips limit and grabbing hold of each ship in each hand. He then pushes with all his might... with an almighty tearing sound the White Ship is ripped from the Red Ship; with an almighty swing of his arm the White Ship goes flying off into the distance, flipping end over end as the air pressure rips it's wings off and it's engines begin to smoke. He easily stops the Red Ship from falling and it's engines kick in, hovering up from both Awakener's and Harmony's support.

"Well." There's a flash through mid-air above the ship and a rip in space opens like an eyelid; for a moment The Arbiters can see inside the Red Ship as 4 figures jump out and land on top of the ship, standing in the wind. The person speaking is a tall, large male in a black trench-coat with spikey deep-brown hair; thin spikes, almost like a hedgehog's quills... there's something odd about him too; instead of normal human ears on the side of his head, he has a pair of bear ears higher in his hairline. "That was unexpected."

A slightly taller male wearing the same coat with long straight blond tied back in a pony tail walks over to where the hooks tore free of the ship, "Huh, check it out Xen. The ships repairing itself and I haven't even laid out the repair drones yet." He looks over at Lumina and grins, "Well done."

A short girl with deep purple hair, a set of wolf-like ears and long flowing purple tail clings to the one called Xen, "Ugh... I'm getting vertigo up this high. I'd rather be flying myself; I like it better when I'm in control. Johnny, how long till the ship fixes itself with that magic then?"

The blond man named Johnny kneels down, "We'll still have to park it and get Bob's Walnut out before we can make the jump to light-speed again, but this will help a lot."

The 4th man, tall and bald wearing the same trench coat as the other men nods, "Had to patch the hole somehow."

The girl grins, "That's what she said."

Bob replies, "Cute Katie."

"CALL ME WOLFIE!" She puts on a fake pout.

Xen peers over the edge of the ship, "Hate to stop the fun... but the Xenoforce isn't falling anymore."

As the Arbiters look down they see the ship Awakener tossed away hanging in mid air, stopped... then it splits in half on what appears to be two long white thick poles.

"Here we go." Xen cracks his neck, and the four humans both feel stronger as their odd artificial ether begin to spiral around them. Xen looks at the Arbiter's floating around the ship, "Soon as we go, our ship will go and land itself. These guys aren't ordinary humans and nither are we. Don't ask why, keep your guards up and for the love of... heh, yourselves, don't let Xe..."

Xen is interrupted as a missile made of half of the white ship is suddenly upon them. He leaps into the air, spinning his feet over his head and landing... the reason for the movement becomes apparent as the ship half suddenly veers off course below the ship and rockets downwards towards the ground. The moment he lands the second half appears and he spins his arms upwards; he's not fast enough and the ship slams into the Red Ship hard... and crumples like a tin can, falling down towards the ground. Nobodies even knocked off their feet. Xen blinks once, "...okay. You can help us battle them. Ship, find a landing spot and shut down." There's a beep and the ship hums as it powers up, "Arbiters - follow who you will and help up. We're putting a lot of trust in you. Love?"

The girl grins, "Hai!"

"Take down Julia."

She cackles and leaps off the ship, but before she can fall blue-orange fire explodes from the bottom of her feet. "Whoever is with me, Julia wields Plasma - it's hotter than any fire I can wield, so keep your distance. Even if she misses she can burn you to a crisp." She turns towards a now burning spot in the air and rockets off. For anyone who follows her, they'll notice a young female screaming towards them with red hair, a spear made of burning red energy and wings made of fire.

Xen grins, "I love that girl." He turns to Johnny, "Take on the shadow cutter, but be careful."

Johnny nods and leaps off the ship, falling face first towards the ground below. He calls out to anyone following, and his voice carries on the wind with ease, "Kanon you met. If you let him cut your shadow, he'll injure your body. He can teleport in the shadow of his cloak; he's dangerous. Only come with me if you want a good fight." Johnny draws a long two-handed Katana and continues to fall.

Xen looks at the bald man, "Bob, take on Gritz. You're about the only one of us that can keep up with him." Bob nods and leans backwards till he falls off the ship.

As he falls upside down he calls back to anyone following, "Gritz is a powerhouse. He can absorb any non-organic material and make his body the same material. If he's taken the form of something, he can control it. So be wary if he turns himself into the ground." He turns and picks a long re-curve bow made of twisted wood from his back - anyone following may notice an empty quiver on his back.

"Which leaves me Xeno..." Xen floats upwards above the ship as it flies off in the opposite direction. Approaching quickly from below is a black-haired grinning male who looks a lot like a skinny version of Xen... almost like they are related. "Don't cut him. His blood carries his power... take him down without making him bleed." He turns to anyone left, "And don't let him bite you."

—————————————>
    [Xen] Health [35/35] // Weave [80/80]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Johnny] HP [20/20] // Weave [60/60]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Bob] HP [40/40] // Weave [72/72]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Wolfie] HP [28/28] // Weave [85/90]
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Kanon] HP [25/25] // Weave [80/90]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xeno] HP [47/47] // Weave [50/50]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Gritz] HP [50/50] // Weave [75/80]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Julia] HP [34/34] // Weave [70/70]
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [49/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [15/20] [Blue Ink]
    [Intentions] – None

<Effects>
    [Absolute Zero Arm Blade - -1 Defense Roll per successful hit, max of -3]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [28/28] // EP [38/63] // SP [9] // RG [1] // RC [12] // PC [7]

<Effects>
    [Extreme Protection on Red Ship, Damage will repair itself]
    [Runic Trap – Electric Counter against attacks on the Red Ship]
    <Ether Regen> - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round
    <Transformation> - Inactive
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [40/40] // EP [70/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Shield - +1 Physical Damage Resistance]

<Effects>
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [21/24] // EP [57/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

<Effects>
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [38/38] // EP [52/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – [Kanon appears to be calm and sharp]

<Effects>
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Harmony] HP [45/45] // EP [80/85] // SP [5] // RG [3] // RC [9] // PC [8]
    1st Score – [Light]
    2nd Score – [None]
    3rd Score – [None]
    Glitch Chance – [5%]

<Effects>
    [Glowing – Does not cast a shadow]
    <Counter Break/Blast> - Counter Attack with Flux/Will on 5+ Defense Rolls
    <Perfect Mind> - +1 Runic Damage Reduction
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [70/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

[Status]
    [Limitless Grip – No matter how big or awkward, Awakener can hold anything]
    [Mild Confidence - +1 bonus to next attack roll]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 am 
"Shadow cutter?" Alexis spins and dives after Johnny. "I should be able to help with him. Teleport... in the shadow of his cloak? ... and hey, I'm not blinded anymore! I can echolocate again!"

Alexis grins, widely, and taps into his Dark Rune. First of all, he removes the shadow of the cloak, sliding it along the ground, shrinking it to the size of a marble, and embedding it inside a nearby rock. That should cut out Kanon's teleportation abilities.

And then Alexis reaches for the shadow of Kanon's shadow-cutting blade, tying it in a knot - such that, if Kanon cuts anything, he'll be cutting the shadow of his own blade in multiple locations. He doesn't land, but as he flies over Kanon his shadow passes near, no doubt a tempting target... but Alexis has his Dark Rune prepared for this as well.

If Kanon attacks anyone's shadow, then that shadow will twist and dodge, attempting to evade his blade.

Dark Rune: Remove shadow of cloak
Dark Rune: Sword shadow knot
Dark Rune: Defensive: Shadow evade

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:09 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Once the Awakener hears the name of their last enemy, its hollow mask stares directly at him, taking him in. "You should not be here," the God intones. "Your life ended many years ago - I met the one who ended it." It then reaches a hand over the Spiral Nemesis, infusing it with a sickly, twisted light. "How is it that you have defied your death? No, in the end it does not matter - whatever the means, I shall lay you to rest once more."

It then flies at Xeno with the grinding blade aimed to strike across the chest, as if recklessly disregarding Xen's warning. However, if the blade strikes true, it will not only tear away flesh and bone, but leave any that it touches dessicated and dry. Muscle tissue will become mummified, bone will become brittle and devoid of marrow, and any blood that it happens to shed will become nothing more than rusty red dust. The Awakener then strikes again while Xeno is off-balance, aiming to sweep his legs out from under him, or perhaps even remove them altogether.

[Support - Final Rune - Wither] Withering Blade
[Aggress] Cleave Xeno
[Aggress] Disleg Xeno

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:30 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
"IT IS THEM. XENO, THE VAMPIRE. JULIA, THE PHOENIX. GRITZ, THE ADAPTER. KANON, THE SHADOW-KILLER."

"This... Xenoforce?"

"STAY AWAY FROM XENO. IT IS TOO DANGEROUS TO ALLOW HIM ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR BLOOD. THERE IS TOO MUCH DATA I HAVE COLLECTED THAT HE'D BE PRIVY TO. YOUR POWERS ARE BEST SUITED FOR FIGHTING AGAINST GRITZ OR KANON. YOUR ADAPTABILITY WORKS WELL TO COUNTER GRITZ'S, AND YOU CAN MANIPULATE LIGHT TO AVOID KANON'S SHADOW ATTACKS."

"You said that Kanon was... honorable?"

"AS MUCH AS AN ASSASSIN COULD BE. HE REFUSED TO KILL INNOCENTS, AND STUCK TO HIS DESIGNATED TARGETS."

"Perhaps we can... talk with him? Find out why they are doing this?"

"HE'S AN IDEALIST. IDEALISTS ARE ALL INSANE. I DOUBT YOU CAN REASON WITH HIM."

"Well, we won't know unless we try."

[Arrange - Harmony Rune - Tune to Light]
[Arrange - Support - Light - Accelerando]
[Aggress - Target Attack - Sword of Light Disarm]

The glow around Harmony intensifies as she turns further into the thread of Light, then streaks 'light speed' toward Kanon.

"Let's have a talk with him, shall we?"

When she reaches Kanon, she tries to use her new speed to attempt to disarm him of his blade.

"Hello there Kanon. Having a nice day? How's the killing business?"

###############

You just had to tell her that one of them might be willing to talk.

/I think it's admirable that she's willing to try. Far better than being bloodthirsty and destroying everything like Godzilla./

Oh, I don't know. If you watch the Godzilla films backward, they're about this giant monster that fixes all the destroyed buildings then moonwalks back into the sea.

[Always found him rather sad, considering I could always understand what he was saying. He was always fond of haiku.]

...wait, who? Godzilla?

[The silence between
the chaos and your weapons
is tranquility.

Civilization
I destroy it to feel like
I'm a part of you.

Why must we do this?
All I want is to hold you,
but you fear me so.]

/... those roars of his were all.../

[Haiku.]

[Not the best poet in the world, but pretty good for a giant kaiju.]

###############

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:20 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
((ooc: Add to evidence - ships are of the same make and model. Add to evidence - all eight ether signatures feel artificial. File mini-evidence.))

"Fishy..." Asch mutters as the two groups begin fighting. She then puts her hand to her cheek and begins to think. After a moment, she snaps her fingers and utters a new mystery rune chant... "Don't ignore the heart."

<Action 1. Mystery Rune - Gather Motive - Xenoforce>
<Action 2. Mystery Rune - Gather Motive - Red Ship Crew>

Then, she reaches to The One Truth and draws it, along with a fine steel broadsword blade placed in the hilt. "My apologies, One Truth, but I must use your lowly form for this battle for now."

Looking at the options for a fight, she sighs. "Though it looks like I hold a disadvantage against any of these foes... But I remember what Athena taught for this situation - play to whatever strengths you have over them..." As if suddenly possessed by war lust, Asch flies forward towards Julia, swinging in with a wide slash.

<Action 3. Aggress - Julia>

<Free Perception Action - Observe Julia's reactions to the attack>

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:50 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Serpico shakes his head at what is going on, then nods, and jets after the wolf-girl (yes, that's exactly what his mind has chosen to think of her as after all that conversation.)

As he does, he casts his rune again, outlining the energy projection of his sword in a yellow shade.

[Color Rune: Yellow: shape of the wind(sharper edge or flattened out into a shield)]

Coming up behind Wolfie, he mutters as they approach the fiery enemy. "What would you say is important to know about this one?"

Flashing ahead, he strikes at Julia with a quick slice of his cold blade, then backs up, the blade widening in front of him like a large shield.
[Action 2: Aggress Julia
Action 3: Defense]

"Oh hey, Detective." He cheerfully says to Asch when she comes by. "Here for fun?"

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:03 pm 
Chandi grinds her teeth together as the group separates to fight the Xenoforce. She groans loudly, and stomps about in mid-air, dissatisfied at the amount of stuff that isn't getting smashed as a result of the tantrum. "Their ship is wrecked, and we've got a total of eleven people on our side that can use Ether. I enjoy a fight as much as the next god, but seriously? We could fix the ship and be gone before those other guys even had a chance to strike!" Chandi screams, muffled by her still clenched teeth. "Fine. FINE!" Chandi stretches out her arm and the shield quickly returns to its original state.

[Arrange: Bracelet Shape Change - Return to Normal]

"HEY, BALDY!" Chandi screams as she rockets towards Bob and his opponent. "STAY OUT OF MY WAY!" Chandi increases her speed, the wind screaming in her ears as she approaches Gritz, shifting her position in midair until one leg is curled backwards around body. Once she reaches striking distance, Chandi shifts her weight, and snaps her leg forward, letting loose a ferocious kick directed straight into Gritz's torso.

[Offensive x2 - Meteor Roundhouse]

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:01 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Throwing her hand up above her head, Lumina activates her Transformation Sequence.

The ethereal fox Naomi bounds towards Lumina at her call, leaping in the air above and emitting a powerful source of light. The flashes of light coalesce into translucent ribbons, twining around Lumina's robes and body and adding to what is there, forming protective armor around vital points. A light breastplate with shoulder pauldrons forms around her upper body while her long skirt shortens to knee length for increased movement capability. Her sleek but otherwise-sensible heels are replaced by laced, knee-length silken boots and similarly styled gloves weave themselves around her arms. Lastly, the final remaining ribbon of light lifts up her hair and pulls it together, wrapping itself around the resulting ponytail.

[Super Ultra Magical Girl Transformation Sequence GOOOO!]

Her transformation done, Lumina leaps into the air and follows Bob after Gritz. "So, how tough are these guys?" Lumina asks casually, Naomi apparently running by her side on a pathway seemingly made entirely out of solidified moonlight. She makes no actual offensive move like Chandi, instead choosing to focus her Lightning Rune. Holding both her hands out before herself, she cups her hands as though she were holding a bowling ball, focusing her Rune into a solid sphere of crackling energy.

[Runic Support - Lightning x2 - Ball Lightning]

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:28 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Johnny and Kanon are the first to meet; Johnny cuts the air ahead of him and another eye-shaped rift opens, as he plunges through it he appears much farther down in Kanon's face and swings hard as they both fall - As fast as Kanon is, he's not prepared for Johnny to jump that far and takes a very deep cut to his chest. He slashes again and flies into a rift, leaping out of the top of the exit connected to the ground, flipping mid air and landing on his feet.

Kanon presses his hand to his new wound and grins, "You've gotten faster." He twists his cloak around his body and disappears, appearing above Johnny's cast shadow and cutting downward; Johnny quickly steps to the side and Kanon's blade sails wide, cutting nothing but the ground. "Impressive." He takes a defensive stance and awaits Johnny's next attack.

Serpico streaks off after Wolfie, forming himself a versatile wind barrier around his blade. Wolfie looks back and replies, "She's good. Extremely good; if you have a way of protecting yourself from heat I'd do so now. Even if her attacks miss she's still likely to burn you. Also..." she contorts her mouth, "Don't piss her off. She's easier to beat when she's calm."

Taking the advice, Serpico speeds ahead and is the first to meet Julia in combat. He finds that she appears to be in her mid-twenties, a sharped edged pair of glasses on her face, and hair that is bright red, tied up into a stern looking bun. She pushes her glasses up with one hand while holding her spear in the other, in place of a normal blade is a burning red-orange plasma tip. Serpico takes a quick strike at her, she twists her pole to deflect the blade but takes a small wound to her shoulder. The skin tinges blue and she looks at it with a raised eyebrow.

Lumina quickly transforms, making sure she's at full power for this battle. She trails after Bob, charging up an attack for the next round. Bob turns back to her and speaks in his deep rumble, "Extremely tough. Don't take them for normal people... they are the farthest thing from it. Keep your guard up and your friend there protected." He nods at Naomi.

Chandi has a temper tantrum and resets her Shift. She tears off after Lumina and Bob, who responds by rubbing the top of his head, "Baldy..." She charges her speed into her attack, tearing down at the still falling Gritz. Gritz is enormous, about the size of Ryuseii but broader in the shoulders with no small amount of fat around his muscles. He's also entirely made of white metal at the moment - the same metal as the former white ship. Chandi pays it no mind and turns her speed into power, spinning around and aiming a kick at Gritz's chest... she slams her foot into his chest and it rings like a gong... it's also quite painful for Chandi and doesn't leave so much as a dent in Gritz. Gritz speaks in a rough mocking voice, "Well hello lady."

Back up in the air Xeno blasts upwards towards Xen, "This time your power is mine!" Xeno digs his sharpened black nails directly into his wrists, blood spurting everywhere. A moment later the flowing blood stops and curls around his wrists to the top of his hands, stretching into a long wrist mounted blade on each hand. His blood is a deep dark red, darker than most blood. He flies at Xen and slashes twice as the Red Ship flies off towards the ground... the first slash is fast enough to score a deep cut on Xen's arm... it turns a deep black color almost instantly. Xen scoffs and leans his body back while swinging his arm upwards, sending the second blade sailing high as if it were caught in an updraft.

Xen frowns, "Absorbed somebody fast have we?" Xeno cackles in reply.

Back on the ground, Alexis reaches Johnny and Kanon's battle, locking on to the shadow of Kanon's cloak and trying to remove it... the shadow begins to slink away and Kanon notices, he reaches into his cloak and seems to grab onto the shadow itself and forces it back into place. He looks up at Alexis as the back tries to tie up his blade - the metal itself doesn't cast a shadow with how much it glows, but the hilt does... Kanon is a bit too distracted to notice and the shadow of his hilt wraps around his blade. "Interesting." Kanon watches as Alexis flies overhead, "A fellow Shadow User. You are a challenge."

Back at Chandi and Gritz, the metal-man reaches out and tries to grab hold of Chandi's good arm, "C'mere stumpy..." he latches onto it in a powerful grip, "Here let me even that up for you... he puts his free hand on Chandi's side and pulls hard... Chandi shows how strong she is and keeps her arm from being pulled out of the socket with sheer strength. "Tough little thing aren't YOU!!" He pulls her arm up and aims a ham-sized fist at her exposed side... Chandi raises her foot and catches his fist mid swing, nullifying any damage; she's still stuck with her arm in his hand.

Asch flies in, opening her ears to any information she may gather during the battle that may relate to motive. She then flies directly at Julia and swings her blade hard... the blade catches Julia off guard and seems to tear her in half... but it does no damage and the illusion is dispelled like smoke. Asch notices that Julia had the tip of her plasma spear prepared to counter attack and her illusion seemed to take some serious burns before disappearing, even though she didn't attack.

Back in the sky, Xen spins and straightens an arm at Xeno, who goes flying like he was shot out of a canon away from Xen. "Damned punk. Why can't you all just leave us alone!" He gathers himself and a dark purple aura surrounds him as he hangs in the air, shimmering.

Xeno kicks into a flip and regains control of himself, "You've got something that belongs to us brother. Master says he wants it back, so you'd best surrender." Xen scowls, but doesn't reply.

Julia adjusts her glasses again and looks at the group now surrounding her, namely Serpico and Asch with Wolfie incoming quickly. "Do not be deceived. These people have stolen property from us and we are simply attempting to recover it." She holds her spear behind her, ready to defend herself but not attacking. "Stand down now if you do not wish to be harmed. If you aid us in their capture, you will be compensated for your trouble." She waits for a reply.

Wolfie comes rocketing in, firing a bolt of blue-fire at Julia; the fire-winged lady side steps and sticks out her spear, which slashes and burns a small cut into Wolfie's cheek. "Don't let her twist the situation! This technology belongs to the innocent and the poor who are sick and dying! You're wrong to be hording it, despite how you obtained it!!" She concentrates and two sabers made of her blue flames form in her hands.

Harmony in the meantime charges up with more light and flashes down to the ground where Kanon stands, using her speed to try and disarm him. Kanon sees it coming despite the boost in speed and simply moves his hand away, keeping himself from being disarmed. He takes a step back to observe the glowing girl, "Killing is not a business. It is a way of life; and I only challenge those who are either evil, or worthy of a good battle. I do not kill innocents. Do not insult the way of my blade."

Half way up into the sky, Bob reaches the site of Chandi and Gritz. He reaches into his empty quiver and a wooden arrow seems to grow into his hand. He knocks it, pulls back and fires at Gritz's wrist... Gritz knocks the arrow away. Bob reaches back and pulls out two arrows this time, letting both fly at the same time at the same place... the two arrows hit the mark and explode into thick vines that wrap around his fingers and expand, freeing Chandi from the grip. "You wanted me to what now?" He smiles at Chandi.

Awakener flies after Xeno, charging up his Shift. Xeno has a baffled look on his face, "Somebody programmed this robot to be insane..." The Awakener swings hard at his chest, it tears into it - the runes on his Shift line up and cast End 17 - End Beat upon Xeno. The problem now is... Xeno is bleedng... the blood that started flying through the air freezes in place as Awakener takes a second shot... it tears into Xeno's legs and sends more blood flying... but there's something strange about Xeno's blood. It seems to be resisting Awakener's Rune.

Xeno grins, the blood seeping from his body and through the air flies back towards him and seals the wounds, wraping around his chest and spiking outwards, forming a half-shoulder set of spined armor make of deep crimson red. He cackles, "AHHHH! Thank you Mr. Roboto!!"

Xen shakes his head, "You damned fool! I said NOT to make him bleed!"

—————————————>
    [Johnny] HP [20/20] // Weave [50/60]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xen] Health [33/35] // Weave [70/80]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Wolfie] HP [25/28] // Weave [75/90]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Bob] HP [40/40] // Weave [68/72]
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Kanon] HP [21/25] // Weave [75/90]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Xeno] HP [25/47] // Weave [45/50]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Gritz] HP [50/50] // Weave [75/80]
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Julia] HP [31/34] // Weave [70/70]
    <—————————————

—————————————>
    [Serpico] HP [27/27] // EP [44/59] // SP [10] // RG [3] // RC [12] // PC [8]
    Ink [15/20] [Blue Ink]
    [Intentions] – None

<Effects>
    [Defensive Stance - +1 Defense Rolls]
    [Absolute Zero Arm Blade w/Wind Barrier - -1 Defense Roll per successful hit, max of -3, +1 Damage Attacking, -1 Damage on taking hits]
    <Misread Intentions> - Good RP causes big drop in defense roll, then less for the rest of battle.
    <Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking
    <Dodge Or Break> All Defense Rolls come from Beat
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Lumina] HP [28(43)/28(43)] // EP [33/63] // SP [9] // RG [1(3)] // RC [12] // PC [7]

<Effects>
    [2 Action Charged Lightning Ball in Hands]
    [Extreme Protection on Red Ship, Damage will repair itself]
    [Runic Trap – Electric Counter against attacks on the Red Ship]
    <Transformation> - Active – Naomi 9/9
    <Blessed Speed Strikes> Swap Keen for Edge when physically attacking, +1 Physical Attack Rolls
    <Skilled Evasion> Physical Defense rolls come from Beat, not Flux
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Chandi] HP [40/40] // EP [70/70] // SP [8] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [6]
    Bracelet Current Form – [Normal]

<Effects>
    <Deft Deflection> - When wielding a defensive weapon, you get +1 to your physical defense rolls
    <Mad Movements> - +1 defense roll against Target attacks
    <Expecting Ether> - When wielding a focus or magical weapon, you get +1 to you Runic defense rolls
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Alexis] HP [23/24] // EP [56/67] // SP [7] // RG [2] // RC [11] // PC [10]

<Effects>
    [Defense Against Shadows - +1 Evade rolls for all Shadows near Alexis]
    <Blessed Darkness> - Dark Runes cast at Half Cost, +1 Bonus Rolls
    <Echolocate> - Cannot be blinded, can scan for free action
    <Precise Strikes> - Allows you to physically attack with your Keen Stat instead of Edge
    <Light Body, Sharp Mind> - Retain 1 HP on Stun/Death, 3 Turn Cooldown
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Asch] HP [38/38] // EP [32/82] // SP [6] // RG [2] // RC [12] // PC [10]
    [Mini-Evidence] – [Julia is able to use area of effect heat damage]

<Effects>
    [Monitoring Red Ship Team For Motive – Claims the technology is for the poor and sick, hints at the technology being obtained by the Xenoforce in an odd manner.]
    [Monitoring Xenoforce For Motive – Hunting Red Ship crew for a ‘Master’. Have accused the Red Ship Crew of stealing from them. Willing to hire the Arbiters for help.]
    <Blessed Perfect Eye> - On room entry or speech with character, free perception roll. Mini-Evidence gathered though this and A Moment’s Glance
    <Master Storyteller> All Traps and Illusions have a permanent +2 roll
    <A Moment’s Glance> Free action per round to use a Perception Roll
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Harmony] HP [45/45] // EP [75/85] // SP [5] // RG [3] // RC [9] // PC [8]
    1st Score – [Light]
    2nd Score – [Light]
    3rd Score – [None]
    Glitch Chance – [15%]

<Effects>
    [Glowing – Does not cast a shadow]
    <Counter Break/Blast> - Counter Attack with Flux/Will on 5+ Defense Rolls
    <Perfect Mind> - +1 Runic Damage Reduction
    <—————————————
    —————————————>
    [Awakener] HP [36/36] // EP [70/75] // SP [4] // RG [0] // RC [5] // PC [7]
    [Spiral Nemesis – Active]

[Status]
    [Withering Blade – Physical Strikes attempt to stop Xeno’s Bleeding]
    [Limitless Grip – No matter how big or awkward, Awakener can hold anything]
    <EP Regeneration - +5 Passive EP Regeneration per round>
    <Full Metal Jacket> - +1 resistance all damage, cannot be stunned. He is weakened under 1 HP, but can still fight all the way down to -10. 0 Regen.
    <Built Like An Armored Truck> - +1 Physical Attack Rolls, +1 Physical Damage
    <Detect Weakness> - Support Action to Detect Weaknesses, Perception Roll
    <Runic Absorption> - Absorb Half Ether Cost of Hostile Runes
    <—————————————

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:49 pm 
Chandi seethes as she backs away from the metal behemoth of a Mortal, only tearing her gaze away for a moment to shoot a quick glare at her would-be savior. "You heard me, Bob." She says, before turning back to Gritz. "Stumpy, eh? Couldn't come up with anything better than that?" Chandi opens up her palm, and a rune begins to form on top of it, glowing stronger and brighter with each passing second. "Come on. Use that brain of yours. Clear out the cobwebs, and try as hard as you can to think. I've barely met you, and I can tell just how tough that might be, but you're a big boy, so do your best. Because if you don't think, you know what's going to happen?" Chandi backs off a little bit further from Gritz, the Change Rune in her hand bursting with energy. Before Gritz even has a chance to respond, Chandi sneers. "I'll tell ya what. I'll teach you a little rhyme my uncle taught me to help you remember."

"Ashes to Ashes,
Dust to Dust,
Oil those brains,
Before they rust."

As she finishes the last line of her little poem, Chandi swiftly circles around Gritz, and rushes towards him from the back, aiming her palm at the base of his head. She plants her hand there, not as a strike, but merely as a brief anchor point, before releasing the rune, targeting the Mortal's currently metallic brain.

[Targeted Offensive Rune: Change - Me(n)tal Corrosion x3]

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 278 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG