Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ] 

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:32 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Sounds all good to me! Im off for shopping!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm 
CCC, I would just like to say now that I see where Alexis is coming from. Him being a more prey then predator species, him being an empathetic soul that doesn't like people hurt, him feeling somewhat afraid that it isn't the end of the fight because it wasn't when Athena released her Shift.

I understand where he's coming from. Chandi's not so level headed.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 pm 
Yea... I'm going to have to fill a lot of different rolls. Their opinions are most likely NOT going to reflect my own.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:48 pm 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Someone's going to have to Harmony's attention... she's not going anywhere for awhile, listening/singing with -that- particular Song.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:31 am 
Okay... Sensory Shutdown really requires three actions to get right (to shut down sight, hearing, and touch). So I think I'll go for Energy Rush (Recover EP, Recover EP) instead, for the moment.

This works well with Alexis' Shift. When he's inside his Blackout Bubble, he would be able to recover over 40 EP per round (if he does nothing else) and thus absorb a lot of damage. It also gives him lots of power to work with at other times, which leaves me a lot of scope for imaginative tactics and/or large-scale group healing. (Though we have no shortage of healers, it seems; I think that everyone has some way to heal).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:24 am 
A very clever tactic, a supportive Technique instead of offensive.

What I'd like from everyone is a quick post about their power, and what two actions they are putting together, in the game. It can be short and sweet, there's no need for an epic training montage. For example:

Alexis devises a way to recharge his energy faster.

Technique: Energy Rush (Recharge + Recharge).

Then I add it to your character sheets. Before we get rolling here, I'll be reformatting the sheets a bit just for easier posting on my part, and I'll re-send them out with techs attached. The new formatting will allow for easier leveling, which will begin after your first mission.

Once everyone has a tech, the mission briefings will start. If anyone has any questions about potential techs, please post them here.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
My intention for Debilitating Strike is that I can use it either for massive damage, or targeted attacks that wreak havoc on the opponent's ability to attack and defend in exchange for not being able to do as much damage.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:38 pm 
Okay - so my Tech system is a smidgen bit too open, seems people are having problems deciding on what they need and what they can do.

So tonight or tomorrow I'll be implementing patch 1.02, with a nice crispy posted Tech creation system here in the OOC.

Those who know what they want shouldn't have to change much, if anything. Those who don't, I will help.

Stay tuned (its a busy week at work).

CCC - if you decide to download skype, please give me your user name so I can invite you to chat.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:29 pm 
A note.

I've been swamped with OT this week. More of which happens tonight and at 5am tomorrow so I don't miss Extra Life.

Leyline's on hold till after the weekend, after which I'll be posting an easier to use system for Techs and pushing people to make one.

Sorry for the delay folks, but work and charity comes before fun.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm 
I really must apologize folks. I seem to have acquired a bit of a stomach bug. I've been working on the new systems, but I can't finish tonight. I'm going to stop missing deadlines and instead just promise to get it running as soon as I can.

I'm sorry, I really don't feel well.

Please understand.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:06 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
I understand. Sometimes the Universe itself aligns against you and you have no choice but to become a Cosmic Plaything.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 am 
I quite understand. I recently found an article that describes some research that was done on people's ability to plan. In short, the result of the research was that no-one ever plans for the troubles that the universe throws at them. And the universe throws said troubles more often than not. So, when someone says that they're really really (99%) sure that a (not vital to life and death) task will be finished in time X, then you've got maybe a 45% chance that it will be done by then.

And, strangely enough, the more detailed one's plans, the shorter one's estimate tends to get. Since this is a game, and all in all not nearly as important as many other things (like an income, food, shelter, life and death situations, and so on), I expect delays and I expect them often; every time that you (or anyone else on the RPG boards) gives a time by which you will post, I always add 48 hours to that estimate.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:22 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So the whole world essentially runs on Valve time. That's a depressing thought.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:09 am 
Version 1.02 - Update

Alrighty then kiddies, I'm back in action!

So, it's time to get the ball rolling on the full game. But first, we had a little snag when it came to techs. Basically, they're too complex, too redundant, and really an extra thing to level into that would ultimately bog the game down.

So - Techs are being cut.

You can go back and edit posts if you'd like, but it's really not needed. Athena is going to tell you all about your real reward soon enough - once I'm done explaining it here. You'll also see a return of Techs in a different form later on in the game, when you have 5-6 APT per turn and posts start getting a bit spammy. It'll be a nice way to compress actions, but aside from that it won't do anything extra.

So, in place of Techs you'll be getting an extra special reward, as you all managed to bring Athena down. She will be giving you each a Blessing. Basically, with the exception of your Shifts, you'll be getting a Special Perk that will boost a single thing about your character. This can be anything you'd like it to be; your Racial Perk, any other Perk, Runes, and even a single Stat if you'd like. Sounds too good to be true no?

Well there are rules, and there IS a catch.

First off, you get to pick what the blessing is applied to - but you don't get to chose HOW it's applied, Athena will.

If you apply to your base stats, they will only move up by a single point.

If you apply it to Soul, your current Perks will not change, but you may see something new when you first level up.

If you apply to your Battle Stats (IE: Health, Ether, Speed, Recharge, ETC) it will be a stronger boost than just applying it to a single stat BUT keep in mind stats effect more than just your health, but also your rolls in battle.

Any Racial Perk or Perk can have it applied to it.

You can even have it applied to your Resurrection time, although you haven't had to use it yet -_-'

It cannot be applied to Shifts for reasons Athena will explain.

It can be applied to any rune you'd like however.

So.

Here's the catch.

As you play Leyline, you'll be moving along what I've come to call a Branching Storyline. It's a bit like choose your own adventure, but your choices and results will have a much deeper impact on the overall story. You can fail, you can win, you can seem to win but really cause problems, and you can even seem to be utterly beaten and cause the best story branches to occur.

You'll be getting no clues as the game plays out, it'll be your decisions and battles that dictate where the story goes - so a lot of what I have planned may never come to light, but I'm quite ready for it.

Needless to say, Athena is an integral part of Leyline. Her opinion of you, her status, her very life will be linked to this Perk. This Perk will be Story-Locked. Depending on how the story changes, it can become more powerful... or it can even turn into a curse. So you have a choice to make - do you put it on something weak or near-harmless like Soul so it doesn't change much and thus has little risk?

Or do you put it on a stat, or even your Racial Perk for some amazing powers now... that may eventually turn rotten on you. I will be pulling no punches with Leyline, fudging no rolls - you will get no gimmies. You mess up, it's permanent. So, make your choice, pick a single thing to apply Athena's Blessing to, and post it in game.

Please wait till I'm done posting Athena introducing the blessing before you do so <--- look a that all bold and important.

One more thing. You CAN chose to not take the blessing... but you'd better have a DAMNED good RP reason to deny her, as she's your teacher and loves you all and a gift like this doesn't come to pass every day. Remember if you DO deny, yes you can't be cursed by it... but you can't be powered up by it to. I'd prefer you all take it honestly... but if you have a reason, then make a good one.

Once everyone has made their choice, I'll send out the updated and reformatted sheets and we'll start chapter 1.

Post incoming folks!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am 
I'm editing Alexis' Energy Rush from "worked" to "didn't work". Mainly because, if it had worked, he'd use it in the future.

Alexis isn't thinking about what will happen if Athena is killed or anything of that nature. If she is, or if her Blessing goes sour for any other reason, then he'll just have to deal with it.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 203 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG