Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:29 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Theres some options for that, but theres also buyable property. Many players of DoD might find it useful to align with specific races. There is something of a faction war built into the system, though it isn't required. it's one of the options players choose in the metagame.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:59 am 
Annnnd character submitted.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 am 
AOL: RuanalHallen
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
Alright, I'm most of the way done. Got my character concept mostly squared away, pretty much have everything written out except for the background. As I need sleep (and it is 6 am), I'm going to wait to finish that sometime tomorrow.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:51 am 
You're already aware Mr. J, but I've got my character written out and sent in! This seems like a lot of fun, so I hope I can play a part when things get started.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:01 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
Please don't call him Mr. J, or else I'll start imagining you in red and black tights with a thick New York accent ^^

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 pm 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
Character submitted. What do you think, everyone? <good.>

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:03 am 
Backstory hook for anyone who wants one: my character needs a roommate. Someone who's neat and tidy when he has to be (which will be all the time) and accommodating to people in wheelchairs. And preferably likes playing trivial pursuit. If no-one takes it, I'll put in an NPC.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:56 am 
Location: What matter wounds? For each time he falls, he shall rise again and woe to the wicked!
My character lives on her own in her apartment (with her cat), so she's out.

Character's submitted.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:11 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
My character might mesh well with that. He was raised on a farm and is highly organized as a result, so he wouldn't have any troubles adhering to a strict regiment of cleanliness. He's also willing to try anything at least once for the sake of shared experience with those whose company he enjoys. It might not be much of a stretch for the two of them to be good gaming buddies.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:45 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Ok, so ive gotten a total of nine different applications so far. That's already over my limit of a party, so some people WONT be playing, i'll warn now. But I dont consider this a bad thing, tis gratifying to know i got this much interest.

Im starting to prep the last steps, so im going to give....till wednesday, for anyone else who might be interested, to hand in a character concept.

Note, feel free to do as CCC does and look for character connections. I dont want everyone to know everyone, of course, but I have no problem, as i said before, if you want to have at least some friends in the group. The game is pretty much going to make you a Party from the start, so don't worry too much about facilitating that, though.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:13 am 
For anyone wanting to know my character, she's very unlikely to know you offline, but there's a possibility she'll know you online.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:17 am 
That's actually a very similar situation to my character. Basically, if your character has ever played an MMO, there's a pretty good chance my character has run into yours, or knows you online. There are very very few situations where they would know your character offline.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:08 am 
AOL: NekoFlashblade
I fully expect my character has a reputation, likely an unsavory one, in lots of online games. She's hyper competitive and tends to turn things that aren't competitions in to competitions.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am 
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
Since I'm evidently playing the youngest character in the group (and one of only two high-schoolers), I don't see much connection opportunities. Something online might work, but then again, I like the idea of this being my character's first MMO.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:09 am 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
I'm playing an older character who runs a weekly D&D game. Most of the players are in college, so if anyone is interested, that could work. Also if you live on the South side of Chicago, you could know my guy. He helps out with neighborhood organizations.

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG