Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:36 pm 
AOL: JaredTosanu
Location: The ultimate evil, with hot and cold running water!
Mmmmmmmm, ok, i get where youre going, but honestly, that's fairly disruptive to some of the themes. Also, good luck guessing which questions determine what, im not that blatant ^^

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Location: Praise be to the sticky elastic bands of the Healing Gauze
Q: Which do you prefer? Smashing things with your giant mace, or standing back behind your allies and throwing hellfire at your enemies from a distance?

A: Smashing things, I guess.

Result: Congrats, you're the Cleric!

Player says, "WTF?!"

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:04 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Thanks, Jared.

I'm actually pretty excited to take the test. I love it when games let me take personality tests to choose characteristics.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:09 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: Draco+Ignifer
Location: Earth to earth. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Illusions to illusions. And dreams to dreams.
*mentally purges all existing knowledge of the game*

So, how do your elements affect your abilities if you're not a slayer or caster? For that matter, can classes be different elements, or does having a strong earth/fire affinity (for example) lock you into Fighter, or (another possibility), would a strong Dark affinity correlate to a strong Assassin affinity and a weak Confessor affinity?

Are there any penalties for death? Do you just respawn and walk it off after the encounter, do you get delayed for a while, or do you lose your character forever? Do you die in real life? What about disconnecting? Can you just log out at any time, or do you need a delay or to be in a safe place? What happens if you accidentally or purposely cut the connection? Can biological needs (hunger, sleep, toilet break) force a disconnect? If not, will the game periodically male you disconnect to avoid Starcraft-esque deaths?

Is the game like a typical MMO advancement-wise? E.g., do players regularly level up and get awesome new items from raids? Are you using a rare drop mechanic? If so, are they just going to be cosmetic, or have an actual game effect?

Is there an existing pantheon? Based on the former game, can we expect to interact with and/or kill members?

Does the series have a cute mascot mon yet?

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:06 pm 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Salamander wrote:
Does the series have a cute mascot mon yet?

Or a cute Mascot-Chan?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:35 am 
Kajin: I'm not that evil, but thanks for the solid laugh

*Glares at Sal* Great, wall of text. Ok, im going to do this all in order, try to keep up.

Elements in non magic users shape your class bsed on your stats. For example, fire and earth indicate increases in strength and endurance, Wind, speed, and so on. And since you gain abilities and special powers, the element you have defines that. Effectiveness on certain types of monsters, and the like.
Elements do NOT determine your class. They are completely disconnected. you can be any elemente with any class, itll just affect your build and advancement options.

The basic penalty for death is a respawn, with a risk of loss of some of your inventory (which will drop, if a teammate remains they can collect it for you(or for them ^^)

You do NOT die in real life and Anima Software would like to thank you to not spread those vicious urban legends anymore, theyre ridiculous.

Disconnecting is allowed at any time, but if you disconnect in a combat or non neutral region, you leave your body there for a 50 minute cooldown period, where anything can happen to it (1 minute, real time. Youll be alerted if something happens to it. Its recommended to avoid bathroom breaks, since they take up HOURS of time and your teammates might get edgy.

Biological needs will force a disconnect. Dont ask about the people who are trying to ome up with long term gaming rigs. You dont have enough simple medical equipment, most likely.

Players level up, at which point they are offered a few options of advancement, which for the most part follows a branching system. A Master who fights barehanded, for example, might have to choose between a speed and damage based build at level 2, and then they spread into specialized classes as they go, level by level. some c hoices will just change basic abilities, others will branch into what appear to be specific new classes.

There is a drop mechanic, though itll be fairly non random, but controlled by me. Weapons and items certainly matter, but luckily the Party system means that the game's randomization will be skewed otwards maintaining balance between the players.

There is an existing pantheon. Ill get back to you on that, details to construct. So far as far as any player knows theyre just a cosmetic bit of flavor.

No, they don't have a cute mascot yet. why, are you volunteering?

Whew. I think ill leave the next major post till at least tomorrow, though still will answer questions.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:13 am 
SSJJared wrote:
A Master who fights barehanded, for example, might have to choose between a speed and damage based build at level 2, and then they spread into specialized classes as they go, level by level. some c hoices will just change basic abilities, others will branch into what appear to be specific new classes.

Ah - so am I correct in saying that our characters will level up their characters depending on what they do? So, for example, a person looking to improve his character's aim with a thrown knife and his character's gymnastic ability (abysmal in real life) when he levels up would find the easiest way to do so is to throw knives and try to do gymnastics?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:20 am 
Thats separate from leveling, You can certainly improve skills. Ill probably keep it vague or informal, but you can train all sorts of skills for secondary use. But the way you level is you selecting OPTIONS upon reaching said level. Basically, to be frank, I'm not holding a checklist of every time you swing a sword as opposed to how much running you do, and determine which has more influence......

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
So, if I make a large enough number of rat flails and sell them to the public, it'll increase my crafting and merchant skills without actually counting towards or against my experience level?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:38 am 
You'll also encourage the spreading of plague. And more or less.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:44 am 
Ah, okay, I get it. Vague or informal skills would be perfect; I'm merely using this to determine how my character will play his character (i.e. whether he'll throw knives and/or use gymnastics even when it's not really appropriate to the given circumstances, whether he'll spend all his money on throwing knives at the NPC store or whether he'll prudently add a small crossbow, that sort of thing). So, in short, my character's character will happily throw knives at inoffensive rats to provide Kajin with the raw materials he wants, even if the rats don't provide any meaningful experience points.

That is to say, I'm less interested in manipulating the rules, and more interested in finding the actions that my character would take (given that my character will be trying to manipulate the rules, whether successfully or not).

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 am 
Gatekeeper of Niftiness
Can real life skills carry over into the game? Like, if I grew up on a farm and helped my great grandpappy make horseshoes with an old fashioned anvil, would that mean I'd be better able to make armor and weapons in-game using similar techniques and equipment?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:50 am 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"Hey admin peeps... I'm a gymnast in the real world and I know the martial art of Aikido. It's all about throws and locks and using the dude's strength against him. Kaiji-Gai said something about a farm... does that apply to your physical skills too? Because I'm a little bit athletic and agile, will my toon move different in game or is there a standard? Basically I need to know if I wanna go hit the practice mats before launch! *winky wonk ;3*"

(Oh my god, I am loving my character concept...)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:42 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
"Uh, I'm just a fat guy who likes to play games. I'm not going to be all slow and weak in the game because I'm not some real life superhero, right?"

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm 
AOL: FrozenFire2k1
"Hey hey man! Just because you're big doesn't mean slow and weak. Honestly, you should totally come to my classes, I could teach how some things that make anyone think twice about calling you slow and weak! And then I'll totally sit on your shoulder and be all like Master-Blaster, but awesome! Dude you gotta come!"

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG