Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:58 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Jim reaches over and shuts off the alarm, sitting up and moving towards the bathroom before he's even fully awake. As he starts the shower, his mind plays over the images from the tail end of his dream.

Odd, that. I was reading Sci-fi, not fantasy last night.

Stepping into the shower, he quickly washes up, and dresses. Coveralls, t-shirt, boots and a ball cap. He snags his wallet, keys and multi-tool from their place in the basket next to the door of his apartment and looks outside.

Still dark. Well, at least I don't have inspection. Or ******* patrol. Just another day at the garage.

Pulling the cap down further, he tucks his hands in his pocket and starts the walk towards work. It's only a couple of blocks, and if there's one thing he knows. It's ****** walking.

+Almost had the smarmy NPR fish/delish bit for his wakeup.+

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:10 pm 
Evil Game Minister of DOOM!
AOL: FritzFrosch85
OOC: Who wakes up to NPR? It woulda been funny though.

Joe finishes his shower, and pulls on some pants and a shirt. He does his hair up, and then pulls on a hat, ruining his do. He slumps in front of the computer and checks his email, then heads downstaris for breakfast.

A few minutes later he comes back up with a plate with some cold pizza, a bag of pretzels and another 2 liters of Coca-Cola. He pours a drink, and chows down, flipping on the TV. Ahh HBO.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:20 pm 
Jim arrives at work, and his father gives him a smile and a nod as he walks in. "We've got an interesting one today, Jim," he says with a smile. "Mr. McDermitt, one of the young teachers at the school, needed to be towed in today; he went out to start his car and had problems. I'm thinking someone put sugar in his tank, but we won't know until we take a look. His exact words 'I don't care what it costs, just fix the d--m thing'... so we're going to do just that, even if we need to put the engine in pieces first. I've got a few things to take care of, first, but why don't you go have a look? I'll be in in a minute." He chuckles, looking back down at the computer in the lobby of the shop.

---

Joe happily channel surfs (I'd do a similar interaction, but who does he live with?)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:01 pm 
OOC: Mom, Dad, and annoying 15 year old sister, Tess. But at half past seven in the morning, they're all at school/work.

Nothing is ever on TV at half past seven in the morning. Stupid no-class-on-fridays. Nothin to do.

Joe heads to the phone, and then realizes that if he called himself this early, hed kick his own ass, and stays his hand. He pulls on a jacket and hops in the car and flips on the radio, driving out of the burbs towards Downtown.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:09 pm 
Joe cruises on, watching house after peaceful house pass by. There are few people around; only a small amount of businessmen on their way to the office, or a few High School kids who are obviously playing hookie. The younger children are in the process of being picked up by the bus, and Joe gets caught behind one of the yellow monsters for a few blocks.

Downtown is a little more busy. People still manage to find time to get out and shop, despite the responsibilities of working life. The town's mid-sized outdoor mall, which is really a collection of a 2 dozen or so shops with one big parking lot, is the erratic heartbeat of the little community. Construction workers are adding a mini movie-theater to the mall complex, and the skeleton is just starting to take on the shape of a building.

OOC: FTM messaged me, said he'd be a bit late starting. That said, PM me if you want in; it's not too too late. And no offence to DJRiddler, but I like to 1) know my players and 2) have people who have been here more than a day. I've just had bad luck in the past *coughNurglecough*

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:41 pm 
Joe keeps driving, and remembers that he needs an oil change. He pulls into a service station, and heads inside to find out if they can take him spur-of-the-moment.

"Hello?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:59 pm 
AOL: kiroth6
Melanie stares at the ceiling after waking from her dream. She glares balefully at her clock as it erupts in static filled tejano music and smacks it till it shuts up.

Gotta remember to reset that thing.

She grumbles. Normally it would be an ungodly time for her to be up, but she promised to drop her brother's project to school today. She'd be damned if she knew what it was.

She shuffles out of bed and pulls on some jeans and a sweater, running her hands through her hair she manages to get it in some semblance of order. Thinking better of it, Melanie brushes her teeth and washes her face before finally heading out, fully planning to return back to bed as soon as possible. Early morning wake-ups should not follow a late night flight home.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:58 am 
OOC: Just for clarification, can I get specific time from each of you for getting up?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:25 am 
OOC: Oi oi, Keptin! Roundabouts seven o' the clock, putting Joe at the service station a little before eight.

'Sexy Joe' Flanagan wrote:
Nothing is ever on TV at half past seven in the morning. Stupid no-class-on-fridays. Noone to do.

Joe looks for a bell, and then realizes how silly a bell would be in a service station. He doesn't seem to be seeing any mechanics around, however. He heads through the door to the garage proper.

"Hello?"

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:59 pm 
As she pulls out of her driveway (same time as Joe), Mel notices that she's low on gas and heads towards the service station. She doesn't notice Joe at the counter and starts filling up, before she heads inside to pay.

Last edited by Kiroth 6 on Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:20 pm 
OOC: Nifty fun-fact. There are not self-srevice pumps in New Jersey. Its some kinda law or something (possibly an insurance thing?) So edit that, Kiroth, or incur the Wrath* of Skitzy.

(OK, when did I mysteriously say New Jersey!? Weremensh thought the same thing when we were talking about it. This is an ambiguous town in an ambiguous state.)

Still OOC: If noone guessed, the italicized mechanic in my previous post refered to Dom.

Joe, who is currently in the garage part of the service station, looking for someone to help him, doesn't notice Mel.

*No purchase necessary, limited time offer. "Wrath" may include mild scalding, jabs form Skitzy's razor sharp wit, or spankings (lady-types only).

Last edited by Skitzophrenik on Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:30 pm 
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
Stealth Mod of DOOM!
+Was up at 4:30+

Jim wipes his hands on a rag, looking at the pieces of engine around him. His face twists into a scowl as he looks at his father.

"Dad, I don't know when this sad sack was last serviced, but it sure as hell wasn't here. Someone needs to shoot that mechanic. Stripped bolts, sloppy couplings."

He spits and gestures towards the gas pumps.

"Anyway, seems like Tom's asleep again. I'll go pump some gas if you wake the bastard up."

He heads for the pumps, and nods at Joe.

"Mornin'. What do you need?"

+If you had watched the football games at the local high school, you'd know Jim. He was a reciever for the team the year they took State.+

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:17 pm 
Jim's dad nods, putting down his tools and vanishing into the back room on the far side of the garage; Tom's 'choice place' for napping, and the home of the only couch in the building.

OOC: Just to repeat in case you missed it in Skitz's post; this is NOT Jersey. Why set the game in hell when it's already going to get hellish? Wouldn't that be redundant?

;-)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:22 pm 
OOC: Thank god, in that case, make mine a self-service pump. *grumbles* crazy Jersey people and their law against self-service pumps.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:14 pm 
OOC: It's Jersey. You just can't trust people with flammable fluids there. Other than the crazy guy who's angry he has to pump gas for a living; he's fine until he plays 'Buddhist Torch' with the one guy to finally make him snap.

;-)

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 134 posts ] 

Board index » RPG Forums » Guided RPG